Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Magical Manifestations
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:55 pm 

I hate asking is it good/bad or right/wrong questions because it often means that we are only talking about our beliefs and nothing else. But, I don't know how else to ask this question.

:?: My questions is this - is it ethical to accept gifts from the universe, or to create the life you want, without doing it in a way that current society is accepting?

For example, is it ethical to use magic to produce food? ':)
Is it ethical to be an artist and not share your paintings, music, or pottery with the world? :?
Is it ethical to shine brightly in the world, yet not live the "commoners" life?
Is it ethical to transform guilt on the planet and not tell anyone? :x
Is it ethical to see the knot of lies that holds financial institues together and unravel it shamanically, even if it will make millions, possibly billions of humans unhappy or even kill them with the change? :shock:

Is it ethical to dream a mighty dream and live that dream, even if it is not what you were taught would happen? Even if it changes the world so much, that societies around the world are affected in ways they may not like?

Even if it changes the world so much, that societies around the world are affected in ways they absolutely love and embrace in ecstacy?

Even if living your dream doesn't affect a thing around you in a way anyone seems to notice?

Is it ethical to be in tune with Magic so much that experiences on this plaent just manifest without effort - and you live the life you really want? and live that life in the way you want?

Please let me know how you see this? What do you see being the consequences of living a magical life? :roll:

Peace,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:20 am 

Everything is right and and everything is wrong, depended on viewpoint. Only obligation to you is to live true to yourself, even it would cause suffering to others. And what harm can be there just living one's life? Calling should not be avoided. We are like actors and should play the part we in and should not think too much about outcomes, reactions of others were them good or bad. It is hard to avoid, thou...

Post subject: Re: Magical Manifestations
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:20 am 

The following answers are just my opinions, I do not claim emperical knowledge nor do I claim to be perfect.

":?: My questions is this - is it ethical to accept gifts from the universe, or to create the life you want, without doing it in a way that current society is accepting? "
yes

"For example, is it ethical to use magic to produce food? ':)" This is a trick question, right? Yes.

"Is it ethical to be an artist and not share your paintings, music, or pottery with the world? :?" Yes, the artists I know put themselves into thier creation, and to force them to share themselves with the world when they aren't ready would be the same as a man walking up to a beautiful woman and saying "you have a beautiful body, it is unethical for you to not share it with me, your place or mine?

"Is it ethical to shine brightly in the world, yet not live the "commoners" life?" How is shining brightly hurting others? Living large has its own life lessons. Not sure I understand this question.

"Is it ethical to transform guilt on the planet and not tell anyone?" :x No, you would be denying people thier life lessons.

"Is it ethical to see the knot of lies that holds financial institues together and unravel it shamanically, even if it will make millions, possibly billions of humans unhappy or even kill them with the change? :shock:" To force others to live thier life according to your moral values is self righteous, to force millions is also megalomaniac.

"Is it ethical to dream a mighty dream and live that dream, even if it is not what you were taught would happen?" Another trick question? I think it our duty to ourselves to question what we have been taught.

"Even if it changes the world so much, that societies around the world are affected in ways they may not like?" Now we are getting megalomaniac again.

"Even if it changes the world so much, that societies around the world are affected in ways they absolutely love and embrace in ecstacy?" See above, add delusional.

"Even if living your dream doesn't affect a thing around you in a way anyone seems to notice?" Unless your dream is to a hermit, I'm sure people will at least notice you are happy.

"Is it ethical to be in tune with Magic so much that experiences on this plaent just manifest without effort - and you live the life you really want? and live that life in the way you want?" If you have been given that gift, then you have it for a reason.

"Please let me know how you see this? What do you see being the consequences of living a magical life? :roll: I think the hardest part of our path is to remember that not everyone is on the same level, and that the pain and suffering we see often has a life lesson attached that people need to learn in order to grow. Knowing when to change the world, and when to let it alone can be tricky.

Peace,[/quote]

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:39 am 

SeidMadr wrote:
pain and suffering we see often has a life lesson attached that people need to learn in order to grow. Knowing when to change the world, and when to let it alone can be tricky.
Peace,
[/quote]

Hm.. Some say, we are the world and changing ourselves is changing the world.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:15 am 

Jusma wrote:
Hm.. Some say, we are the world and changing ourselves is changing the world.

I agree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:43 pm 

This is just my opinion but I believe that the only person/thing you can change is yourself. I do not believe that that any of us have a right to force our own will upon someone else. If we do this it will back fire on us at some point in time. I think that what ever we give out we get back.

Maybe one way round this would be to ask for your request followed by asking that it only works for the highest good of all. That way if the request would not work in that way, say the request was made from the a point of ego that does not work for the good of all, then it simply would not work at all.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:14 am 

Many of these questions stem from Ego.

To change situations or circumstances to what YOU perceive is a more beneficial position is completely unethical. You would be taking on far more responsibility than you could ever realize, and would not know how to manage it.

To change YOURSELF to be more in balance with everything around you is not only ethical, it is the correct way to be.

Jusma is correct in stating that everything is as it should be. Learn to see that and you see far beyond what is merely on the surface.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:52 pm 

Rachara El, I liked your answer. I also know once you realize and know that we all have all the answers so there are no questions when we free our spirits and start living our true path. And become that brillant white vibrating spirit that has been put to sleep in most of us! Blessings to all. :D Jim

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:24 pm 

To even ask the question 'is it ethical' means the questioner is at least considering options.

I agree about most of the questions stemming from ego, but balancing that ego is a lifetime's work and few of us get it right.

The only way we can live honestly is by being true to and at one with everything. A TALL order but worth aiming for. When we loose ourselves to become one with the Divine in all things, how can we be unethical?

I remember reading Olga Kharitidi's book 'Entering the Circle'. Her experience with the Altai Shaman gave her a way to make decisions which I also like to refer to because it feels right.

Whenever you have to make a decision, however large or small, judge it from Truth, Beauty, Health, Happiness and Light. If your decision to act, magically or otherwise, doesn't fit all of those basic qualities, then perhaps think again.

Its worth remembering that sometimes an action may appear to be painful or destructive yet is exactly what was required. Trusting our instinct, the spirits who work with us and the connection we have to the Universe is, in my current understanding, paramount.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:17 pm 

I appreciate the points of view, you each have shared. Each response has helped and is helping me understand what it is that I am looking at within myself. I am coming to recognize what within me struggles, when no struggle is really required anymore. And you each have helped me to clarify a piece of what it is, that is requesting resolution.

Gratefully,

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism