Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:23 pm 

Shaman Hawk wrote:
Courses and the library. Why noy wiki and google? I hear some cereal boxes have secret Shaman decoder rings inside.

Hey buddy, write me at blueplanetshaman@yahoo.com and I'll give you a few exercises to do that I use to find out where in Shamanism you should start at and what your natural skills are, for free. That's right, Crazy Hawk's low low weekend prices on Shamanic teachings, FREE!

Seriously (and not too often) these exercises work and will be the insight to who you areas far as your Shamanic potential.

So are all shamans pompous asses? I have come from being a member of two eastern cults, and previously I was an initiate of a well known Western occult group. In each case, one of the biggest turn offs to me were the know-it-alls, holy rollers, and the basic ignorant poseurs, all of whom acted like they knew everything.

I have also always been interested in shamanism. I have never cared to be called a magician, warlock, witch, wiccan, shaman, yogi, tantrika, or sought to have any label for the simple reason that we see right here, and that is that it's mostly losers who hide behind labels.

PS, I abjure the thread starter to not be a masochist and contact this poseur unless they enjoy being scolded and made fun of. At the outset this is the person's first impulse. They will not grow more tolerant as they become more familiar. If they have a problem with me they can seek me on the astral. Hahahahahhaa!!!

Post subject: Re: Looking to become a shaman.
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:23 pm 

I thought i was on a Shaman path, but after reading some posts on here . I guess not. If you really want to learn , Nature will beat human teachers or books every time. If you want real answers ask the right questions to nature.

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:37 pm 

Hydrassas wrote:
Shaman Hawk wrote:
First thing: You don't go out to be a Shaman, Shamanism finds you.

Second, It's normally an eight year apprenticeship followed by a two year "journey" in which you test yourself on the world of Shamanism. If you are not willing or able to do this as a day by day conviction you can always go take a course, pay some money and send in two box tops of your favorite cereal and POOF, you are an alleged Shaman.

Shamanism is a life, not a hobby.

i do understand that it is a life and not a hobby, i think i would be interested in it but i'm not sure... i'm currently an agnostic and seeking a direction. I don't know where to begin let alone whether it would work for me which is why i am asking

What attracted me to shamanism is the fact that it did not have the extreme right-wing viewpoints that my religious upbringing gave to me. Shamanism didn't tell me that I couldn't have sex, or have drinks at the bar, or throw darts at a picture of my boss.
Shamanism opened a path for a deeper understanding of myself. It also allowed me to know the Divine and the spirits that are part of the divine.

Post subject: Re: Re:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:01 am 

Clay99 wrote:
Hydrassas wrote:
Shaman Hawk wrote:
First thing: You don't go out to be a Shaman, Shamanism finds you.

Second, It's normally an eight year apprenticeship followed by a two year "journey" in which you test yourself on the world of Shamanism. If you are not willing or able to do this as a day by day conviction you can always go take a course, pay some money and send in two box tops of your favorite cereal and POOF, you are an alleged Shaman.

Shamanism is a life, not a hobby.

i do understand that it is a life and not a hobby, i think i would be interested in it but i'm not sure... i'm currently an agnostic and seeking a direction. I don't know where to begin let alone whether it would work for me which is why i am asking

What attracted me to shamanism is the fact that it did not have the extreme right-wing viewpoints that my religious upbringing gave to me. Shamanism didn't tell me that I couldn't have sex, or have drinks at the bar, or throw darts at a picture of my boss.
Shamanism opened a path for a deeper understanding of myself. It also allowed me to know the Divine and the spirits that are part of the divine.

That's what drove me to it as well :) I don't want to become a mudslinger but when I last heard from Shaman Hawk, he didn't have a stick up his but rather a whole tree. :mrgreen:

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism