Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Lightning? What?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:01 pm 

Okay...so I had an experience that I don't quite understand. I was doing a silent meditation before falling asleep last night. It was a very simple chant that Shamans from South America sing. I was singing it in my head as I slowly drifted off the sleep. All of the sudden this very bright and vivid zig zag of lightning came out of the air above my head and hit me. It was very vivid. I could feel the shock of energy in my body. It was so shocking that I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. Has anyone experienced this in their spiritual journeys? Do you have any idea what it means? This was very vivid and real and not just something that I made up in my imagination. It felt like I had touched an electric fence in a cow pasture.

Post subject: Re: Lightning? What?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:48 pm 

Interesting that no one replied to your question yet. So I do.

What you experienced is a phase before actually experiencing a full-fledged OOBE. During the first times when you experience an OOBE it can happen what you experienced. Later it gets easier and easier until it is as common as breathing and sleeping to you.

It has something to do with the energetic body you have in addition to your physical one. I personally think that during the first few times of conscious OOBEs many problems arise because of the total ignorance of the phases that prelude the actual OOBE. The one you experienced is a kind of rising the "frequency" of the energetic body. Normally it is less furious, but I know that it can be very, very scary.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism