Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:15 pm 

A few years ago when I was out west, I made a deal with the local tick population. If they didn't climb on me and drink my blood, I wouldn't have to burn them to death. For the rest of the trip -and I mean weeks in the deep woods- I had nary a tick on me, unlike everyone else. Now that I've moved back east, I think I'm going to have to do it again.

On the subject of shifting, while I wouldn't consider myself a shapeshifer, I believe myself to be blessed with some of the qualities/energy of The Bear, which has granted me some interesting experiences.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:24 pm 

On the subject of the ticks I can't really think of anything else that could have possibly been the thing on my toe. The thing about the tick was I knocked off the body but the head was still in the wound when it scabbed over. And I have heard of situations where things like that can get into your blood stream or what not and end up being forced out of your skin years later in completely different locations. So it is possible then.

As for Twin Bull's method.....Yeah...i tried that whole bit. It made matters worse for me. It was only when I started actually letting back out free in the woods that they finally stopped coming, (well that and i finally got my dad to spray around the house a bit, the spiders were also being a nuisance.)

-Monkey

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:59 am 

I've heard of such things before. My father used to find bits of shrapnel in blisters sometimes, long after the war. You're lucky the tick didn't vomit when it was decapitated, as that can cause infection and other nasty things.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, though in retrospect, I was probably fairly harsh.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:38 am 

Hey all,

Yet another new guy looking to see what shamanism is all about. I am in no way experienced, having been introduced to it only a couple weeks ago, but I'm very interested. Hoping to find some insight here.

Thanks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:50 am 

Hello there,
My name is Danielle and I have walked a few dirt roads off the typical path trying new things and trying to pinpoint where the pull in life is coming from. It started with wicca and pagan beliefs, also went and looked about my celtic lineage. I found my totem with the help of the coven I was a part of in my home state, wolf teaches me and comes to me in the waking life occasionally.

I have had dreams in the past, the world ending, being underground in a cave on a river that looked like flowing glass with lava gently flowing underneath, and of wolves and a gigantic ginkgo tree. After having the dream of the ginkgo tree, hearing the sound of south american music whilst I looked up high through it's branches, at the golden leaves falling and being caught by the breeze i've accepted this as my world tree.

I've begun to confront my shadow self, trying to get through that test. There is so much fear in my life, i'm finding out that the fear has something to teach me. I fear spiders web, I fear wasps, and spiders that build web low to the ground, and the feeling of odd presences (I'm used to being in a town where seminole indians have been, I moved to TN where cherokee were. I live down the road from the trail of tears). I know that spider won't hurt me if I don't invade its home, if I don't harm it first. They're everywhere in this property at the time being, i'm being driven nuts, but they obviously have a point.

I'm not starting to follow the path of the shaman because it sounds "cool", this is just where my feet have lead me so to say. I've come here because it's my time to go through this, it's on my path.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism