Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:52 pm 

Hi all

new here, looking forward to reading the forum , a lot of interesting topics from what I can see 8)

I am a musician and sound engineer who is very much into the study of resonance and healing and other such subjects which I seem to have been lead to by mystical forces.

@BetaSwimmer - beware of the ticks! I have lyme disease from them it is a very horrible and debilitating disease of not diagnosed and treated properly in time!

a good informative site for anyone not aware of tick borne illness:

http://www.lymenet.net

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:38 am 

Hi all,
My name is Roy, I’m from Lebanon Pennsylvania, 44. Happily married to the most brilliant little Witch in the world, presently serving in Iraq as a Medic with the Army National Guard.

Like most westerners, I was raised Christian, but have seen ghosts and felt energy for as long as I can remember, had some interesting experiences with deity(didn‘t know that’s what they were at the time) in my early teens, and studying mythology, comparative religion and anthropology became my favorite hobby about this time. Discovered Wicca when I was 23 and started practicing a very Shamanic non-ceremonial version of it. A few years ago I discovered Seidr and have developed the opinion that it is Germanic Shamanism.

About 8 months ago I picked up “Fire in the Head” by Tom Cowan, became aware of Core Shamanism and had a powerful change within myself. Lately I have been having powerful dreams and working with a spirit guide that followed me back from a journey about 6 months ago. To put it in common terms, I think I am going from Shamanic Practitioner(which I now believe I have been since my early teens and didn’t realize it) to Shaman.

Right now I’m working on myself, I agree with the idea that a Shamans first patient is themselves. In the future I hope to become a Paramedic and be able to combined my (scant) knowledge herbs, emergency medicine and Shamanic healing together to help others.

There seems to be a lot of wisdom on this forum, I look forward to learning and growing with you all.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:13 am 

SeidMadr-
Thank you for your tale! It was very intresting!
If you are being trained in seidr, than you one of very few seidrmadr that I know. And you are the closest one to me(when you are not in Iraq)- geographically speaking.

I come from Israel and I am also trained in Seidr. Too bad our countries are in war with each other.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:31 am 

My mistake. I didnt know that there was a lebanon city and county in Pennsylvania. :-P

Too bad...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:28 pm 

Hello.

My name is Samantha and I live in sunny England.

I am very interested in using journeying for personal/spiritual development and would love to learn more about power animals.

I also do drum therapy and use the voice in healing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 am 

shadow wolf wrote:
Hello.

My name is Samantha and I live in sunny England.

I am very interested in using journeying for personal/spiritual development and would love to learn more about power animals.

I also do drum therapy and use the voice in healing.

hello!

I know quite abit about lycanthropy, totem animals and such, been studying it for many years and am very much wolf myself. :)

am also interested in drums and percussion. Not too familiar with the voice used in healing, but am very interested. I'd love to hear more about this if you have somethign you could post in a topic. I've just started reading the board, there are so many great posts I've yet to have a sniff at.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 pm 

Quote:
I know quite abit about lycanthropy, totem animals and such, been studying it for many years and am very much wolf myself.

Are you a shapeshifter?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:28 am 

HalomOsher wrote:
Quote:
I know quite abit about lycanthropy, totem animals and such, been studying it for many years and am very much wolf myself.

Are you a shapeshifter?

what is your definition of that term?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:03 pm 

Quote:

Anyone who practices shapeshifting, no matter what kind.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:38 am 

HalomOsher wrote:
Quote:

Anyone who practices shapeshifting, no matter what kind.

Sorry I guess what I ment to ask was, what is your definition of shapeshifting?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:35 pm 

Quote:
Sorry I guess what I ment to ask was, what is your definition of shapeshifting?

Well, I dont want to try and define something I can't really say I understand. So for the moment, and I hope you'll excuse me, my answer is- Anything that You consider to be shapeshifting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:20 pm 

Well to clarify for Bau's sake, do you mean a more literal idea of shapeshifting in terms of one's physical body, or like Therianthropes, are you also meaning all the various other 'shifting' methods, ie. Mental, astral, aura, phantom, dream...etc.

I was really into therianthropy for a while myself, although I still can force a shift if needed, I've realized that I'm not a therian per say, but rather am able to take on the qualities of my particularly associated animal (monkey) as desired...well more than that one animal if needed, but during my therian years I thought it to be just the one.

And as for the ticks Bau, yes, I'm very weary of them, I had one get in me head years ago, and then 'pop' out of my toe two years later...(dead of course, and only the head, the body I knocked off when it first got in me.) But I think I managed to convince them to stop coming into my house.

- Monkey

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:41 am 

Quote:
Well to clarify for Bau's sake, do you mean a more literal idea of shapeshifting in terms of one's physical body, or like Therianthropes, are you also meaning all the various other 'shifting' methods, ie. Mental, astral, aura, phantom, dream...etc.

Well, because there are so many ways to shapeshift I didnt want to define shapeshifting. Basically I refered to all the kinds you mentioned.

Thank you for your answer. I am very much intrested in Astral shifting that can be noticed in the physical plane. I also practice 'mental' shifting into various earth spirits.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:01 pm 

then I would say yes. But I don't realy care for the term myself.

I've noticed there are several threads on the subject , but I just havent had the chance to get to them yet.

Im interested in that too, I think there is a very strong psychic element involved when a viewer see some one as physicaly shifted, and something having to do with the concept of 'ghost limbs' an amputee experiences. Its a complex subject best saved for other threads.

Im also interested in physicaly and genetic avitvisms as well as behaviour ones expecialy as it related to theianthropy.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:04 pm 

BetaSwimmer wrote:
And as for the ticks Bau, yes, I'm very weary of them, I had one get in me head years ago, and then 'pop' out of my toe two years later...(dead of course, and only the head, the body I knocked off when it first got in me.) But I think I managed to convince them to stop coming into my house.

- Monkey

ticks don't actualy get inside you. they can burrow a bit into your skin when they bite , but thats it. What you had on your toes was different. do take care and treat your residence!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism