Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Learning from indigenous shamans essential? You're kidding!?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:27 pm 

Yahoo news article today:

Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say

WASHINGTON (AFP) – A growing, more affluent population competing for ever scarcer resources could make for an "unrecognizable" world by 2050, researchers warned at a major US science conference Sunday.

The United Nations has predicted the global population will reach seven billion this year, and climb to nine billion by 2050, "with almost all of the growth occurring in poor countries, particularly Africa and South Asia," said John Bongaarts of the non-profit Population Council.

To feed all those mouths, "we will need to produce as much food in the next 40 years as we have in the last 8,000," said Jason Clay of the World Wildlife Fund at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).

"By 2050 we will not have a planet left that is recognizable" if current trends continue, Clay said.

The swelling population will exacerbate problems, such as resource depletion, said John Casterline, director of the Initiative in Population Research at Ohio State University.

But incomes are also expected to rise over the next 40 years -- tripling globally and quintupling in developing nations -- and add more strain to global food supplies.

People tend to move up the food chain as their incomes rise, consuming more meat than they might have when they made less money, the experts said.

It takes around seven pounds (3.4 kilograms) of grain to produce a pound of meat, and around three to four pounds of grain to produce a pound of cheese or eggs, experts told AFP.

"More people, more money, more consumption, but the same planet," Clay told AFP, urging scientists and governments to start making changes now to how food is produced.

Population experts, meanwhile, called for more funding for family planning programs to help control the growth in the number of humans, especially in developing nations.

"For 20 years, there's been very little investment in family planning, but there's a return of interest now, partly because of the environmental factors like global warming and food prices," said Bongaarts.

"We want to minimize population growth, and the only viable way to do that is through more effective family planning," said Casterline

I have been guided by Spirit to post this. It is my first post and I am admitting now that I'm nervous about it. (I hate forums and posting in them even more so). But I am fully ready and willing to accept the consequences of it's posting. This is a plea for all True Shamans to unite their focus. I'm encountering much resistance in posting this and I hope you are open to it's message.

Our Mother is dying.

In addition to the Spirit urging me to say this, I am also severly cautioned by the same Spirit about the masses of False Prophet Shamans out there sending this world to hell in a handbasket faster than ever. These people are dangerous spiritual masturbators. One of the most influential false prophets is Rhonda Byrne. She and so many well meaning people are sending us to hell on a road paved with good intentions while standing on the shoulders of the Sacred Ancients and sages, wielding the (UNEARNED) powers and abilities of said ancients and sages while painfully lacking the humility, humbleness, wisdom, respect, honor, and awareness that they had. "The Secret" is not absolute!!!!! The stronger Spirit always wins, as any of you who have had a battle of wills with another can attest. We are not all little gods running around on this planet ruling and creating the universe as we see fit to fill the "Godsized holes in our hearts" anymore than woodmites living on a branch of a redwood tree are ruling that particular tree. But at least they are in balance with it.
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR EVERYBODY!!!! THE EARTH'S WILL WILL ALWAYS BEAT OUR OWN!!!
We are not above creation. We are put here as caretakers for the Earth. If we caretake the Earth, she cares and provides for us in abundance as a mother provides for her children. This is how we humans must live to live in balance and harmony. To live any other way is to beg for our own demise. All living things are subject to the same laws of spirit and of the Earth and creation. Nature shows it time and again. When a population grows beyond the carrying capacity of the land, suffering and death result. The law goes roughly as follows: Overpopulation leads to starvation and conflict. Starvation and conflict lead to death and disease. Disease eradicates all that cannot live in balance and harmony with the land. Any true Shaman worth his or her salt would be concerned foremost with this. All healing and spiritual power comes from the Earth. We are nothing without her.

Indigenous Shamans? "Indigenous", is interchangeable with "Primitive". Both words that in an arrogant "modern" society carry a stigma akin to being retarded. This fills me with great sorrow for our "advanced" society that cannot even survive another iceage.

~The indigenous CAN!

Time has run out.

Nations are starving and diseased. Our resources are depleted. Water, the very blood of our Earth Mother, runs poisoned. Cannibalism is on the rise. And our "modern" "advanced" society is living out of grocery stores and drinking municipal water. There are more people on this planet in our entire history. And we are lonlier than ever!
The cause is obvious to anyone even remotely spiritualy awakened... We have lost our connection to our Mother. Treating her as if she was put here for our use and abuse. An inexhaustable well. We have crapped in our own nest.

"For far too long we have been a people who kill our grandchildren to feed our children."

Our worship. Our Practice. Our lives have to be dedicated to returning to our Earth Mother. To the indigenous. To the primitive. To heal our mother is to heal us all. Anything less is putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. We need to re-learn the ancient (Primitive) ways of living close to our Earth Mother as her children in balance and harmony and live them as a way of spiritual life.

This is dedicated to all True Shamans who have truly earned who you are and your places through hard work, dirt-time, blood, sweat, tears, solitude, pain, and shaken faith. IT IS OUR TIME NOW.

I wish you all good medicine on our path.

~Owl

Post subject: Re: Learning from indigenous shamans essential? You're kiddi
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:09 pm 

Thank you posting that all. I just started with education program of bioenergy. All scientist say, that climate change is here and unavoidable. All we could do, is trying to decrease the effects. There is not much to do, but trying to avoid greehouse gas release. That should be done now, if we hope any decrease to be achieved. And that is just hopeless. The worst pollutioners do nothing. Hope, they will eat their own shit soon.

But that enough of negative. One thing I'd like to add, what we need to understand from primitive cultures, there is no such thing as waste. When you go hunting, you do not cut only the best parts, but use whole thing: tendons, bowels, blood, fur, intestines and bones.

Everything should be recycleable, reuseable or not produced at all. Also we need to learn great deal of other things too from indiginous people, like respect for mother earth. But, what can one man do? It seems impossible to change the direction of this train, where we all sit.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:59 pm 

Jusma wrote:
But, what can one man do? It seems impossible to change the direction of this train, where we all sit.

The Earth cannot be saved by physical means alone anymore. It is only through Spirit that we have any hope.

Ever watch a flock of birds in flight? How they fly as one entity? How in a flash they all change direction so perfectly and so suddenly it appears that they all share the same mind... same spirit? Even seen in slow motion it is apparent that they all react at the same exact instant with the same exact thought. Now I suspect, given all of their unique awarenesses and positions that a seed thought was generated and with their shared field of consciousness they all reacted as one whole and changed their flight path. This same spirit that moves through them moves through us and all of creation. If you choose to pick up that cigarette butt and throw it away eventhough nobody will see you to give you credit, you still make a positive stroke in the Spirit-that-Moves-in-All-Things where someone else may be similarly alone and do likewise where they would've otherwise been too lazy to do it before. You may never meet. They may never know exactly why they did it. But they will see and feel that their world is that much more beautiful for having done so. And that energy flows outward in concentric circles of influence. Just live your Way. Not for credit. Not for pay. For Spirit and Life.

Live by example, by passion. It only takes one to turn the tide. But which one will it be? As I said the stronger spirit always wins. Which wolf are you feeding?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:00 am 

d

Last edited by singularna on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 am 

One thing with energyproduction is that there will be no oil anymore left at 2050. How people think, they'll go to work or travel anywhere, if consumption is not decreased radically? By nuclearpowered vehicles? Uranium also will end at 2090. How energy will be produced then is not solved problem at all.

THis whole scheme is just impossible. If we do not learn to live sustainably, the change will be harder and harder. Lifestyles based on consumption brings those dates faster and faster near. How much a person has to have useless crap around? Is it possible to smile without 1000 €/$ spam, ozon eating gases from hairspray or brand new Land Cruiser with all comforts?

It is shame to admit, that most people on this planet intead of crying in front of that stupidity just smile wide. Ahh, the moment of glory....

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism