Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Journeying to Understand Another
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:39 pm 

Is it possible to journey to the beyond reality to seek out the spirit of someone you know in order to understand them better as a person? I seek knowledge and understanding, and I have but one spirit ally who aides me in the beyond. I would be interested if my ally could guild me to the soul of another so that I may confront them and understand better their being.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Another very important question I have is regarding what I think might be my entrance to the upper world. I have always had a great fear of obelisks. I cannot say why, for the sensation is that of an odd yet divine feeling of awe towards them. In the presence of an obelisk, I can feel it towering over me, and it creeps up my spine. I'm beginning to think that this might possibly be my axis mundi to the upper world, for my fear towards it feels otherworldly.

My question is, what can I do in a journey to allow myself to reach the upper world through this obelisk? I do not know whether it can be climbed, as it is of solid stone. I do not think I can dig under it to come up within, for the obelisk I know of have no entrance of that sort in the conscious reality. Is there any way for me to reach the upper world through the obelisk?

Thanks for all of your help.

~Nakah

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 am 

Yes, I have experience of it .. however, it is a questionable practice ans one which could backfire on you if done with the wrong intentions ..

My concern is the word 'confront' .. to me this does not indicate a peaceful resolution or a true intent to understand .. if you could shift your thinking slightly over the issues then I so no problem at all ..

As regards journeying to them .. this is a no-no .. it is better to set up a sacred space within your journey and call them to you .. this way you would avoid breaking an universal understanding of 'you shall not instill your will upon another' .. entering someone elses 'space' without permission is definitely not a good thing .. it is always better to invite them over to your place to have a chat and a cup of tea :D

Finally, journeying to the upperworld is best guided by your ally .. go and meet them and discuss your intent, they will always point you in the right direction .. did you notice I used 'them' .. I am pretty sure there is more than one in your case .. go check it out

Respect
Goldie...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:26 am 

1. We're all connected, so just asking which string goes to your buddy and follow it. You'll pretty much connect into his dream, although they may or may not sense you, and there's always a strong possibility that they have a metaphysical fire wall against such intrusions. Unless their dead. Then it's pretty easy to just kinda find them by following the sting. But at this point they probably don't remember too much or they're something completely different than what they were.
So unless your really telepathic. (In which case, can your teach me your mystic ways.) You're doing what we in the business call: trying to cheat metaphysically in order to do something completely average. Or, taking the easy way out.
I suggest a beer or coffee with some friendly conversation.

2. I really have no idea why you see an obelisk because I just took the stairs.
There's more than one way to climb a mountain, but if you feel that this large statue is what you need than just ask it!
EVERYTHING TALKS!!! It's the spirit world foo'! I shapeshift into a fish to relax! You may be looking at it like a statue, when really it's a door. Or maybe if you focus you'll find out that it's an elevator. You won't know unless you ask!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:14 pm 

welcome aboard nakah!! :D

i'm pretty good about sensing how folks are feeling emotionally and spiritually
comes intuitively for the most part...
my own conscious is my guide ......the innate voice that i trust ..kinda like that gut feeling thing... feeling the energy ......noticing subtle gestures shifts in energy around ya.....kinda like seeing the innards of clockwork while you see the hands moving you see what is moving them even though it's behind a face....
some folks i pick up on right away.....some i'm close with automatically i am tuned into in depth like that........some by just observing listening too or being next to pick up on their vibrations just kinda feel it in the air......

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:21 pm 

the oblisk
you are an oblisk your feet planted deep in earth and your spine reaching up up up to your crown......stretch the energy from your toes past your nose and imagine streching your body tall taller and keep letting the energy go up through your head to the clouds........heheh
i like the caduceus symbol the two intertwining snakes of energy rising upwards the spine upwards the neck head and out the top and taking flight......ok i had a looong hard day and it's time to say good nite.......cya around and again welcome :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:07 am 

You're right I am very much like an Obelisk in essence. My entire being is of the structure symbolically. I am always reaching for some impossible feat as high as the heavens and my beliefs are strongly implanted in the ground and are never shaken, only evolved and bettered. I stand as a monumental image in the sense that I always represent the things I believe in and my purpose is engraved by the meaning I derive from my beliefs.

I know that might sound difficult to follow, but that's a true realization I've just now taken into account.

In other news, I had a very strange sensation the other night while meditating. I was using the cybershaman program and listening to another meditation rythmic sound and sat in complete darkness for a while. I was listening and attempting a journey in the sense that I usually do, when I suddenly began to feel this pulling sensation from the drum beats. It was as if I was on the brink of sleep and I was about to cross into a dream. I literally felt this, and knew right then how very real these shamanic journeys can be to one's self/ I just need to get better at it haha. It was very interesting, though.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism