Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: It is What You Do That Defines You
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:21 pm 

Aho! By way of introduction, I am Shaman Elder Maggie Wahls, a traditional indigenous Shaman for over 50 years. I was taught Shamanism by my grandmother who learned from her grandmother who learned from her grandmother going back thousands of years through Europe and back to the Saami reindeer herdsman of Siberia.

I hope to be of some service to you here, to help answer your questions and participate as one of you, so ask me anything either here or by email to shaman@shamanelder.com. I hope to be a helpful participant in this community forum.

I do have a website http://www.shamanelder.com if you would like to know more about me or the free consultations, teachings, Free Ebooks I offer. But I am not here to advertise myself but rather to let you know who I am and what I do.

There are four truths that are known among all Shamanic tribes and cultures and have been practiced through the ages, even before the time of the Egyptians. The fourth truth says "It is What you Do that Defines you."
People can say whatever they like about themselves. We don't know if it is true or not. But we can ask people what they have done. We can speak to the people that they say they have helped. We can see where that Shaman or healer has left positive footprints, how effective they have been in actually bringing healing to the world.

The work of the Shaman is to maintain, nurture and heal the web of life, the matrix that holds All That Is together. This includes healing individual people, situations, balancing negative energy patterns affecting the world and its creations, knitting back together the broken strings of the web and creating stronger strings and new strings so that we can all benefit from the best life experience possible. A Shaman should be able to say what he or she has actually done to accomplish this. Any healer should be able to tell you about the case histories they have worked with and the results of their work.

I am so surprised that we have so many healers on the web today and none of them seem to actually have any information on what they have really accomplished. So this is a call to all healers everywhere to tell us "what you have done" on your own website, what you have accomplished for others. Lets use this tool of the fourth truth to hold up a standard so we can all see who is truly a healer and who is not. Isn't this a good way to help us all to know who to trust?

And it is good for every single person to think about that fourth truth, It is What You Do that Defines You, not just what you say.

Aho
Shaman Elder Maggie Wahls

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:21 pm 

howdy Maggie,
welcome. i've run across your web page before and i'm excited to see you here.

personally i don't keep a page like yours. i have in the past though devoted a great deal of time to one shamanism message board where i did share a great deal about what i've accomplished for my own healing and for that of others, also what i've done for the earth, as well as general techniques and ways of practice. if opportunity and inclination combine to present themselves in this place then i anticipate doing so again.

very few of us here know each other. but we do all have access to spirits which can guide us in how we may perceive another's words. even another's actions, if all we see are their words, are just words.

i hope that this place becomes one where deep discussions of shamanism are the norm. it seems to me that so often online people reach a place of actual ability after which they cease to share of themselves and their practice. while i hope that beginners will be welcome here, i hold great hope that discussion on a level past that of beginner will also be common.

frith and bliss,
Jackie

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:26 pm 

I say this for any new people, who may be like me. For some of us who receive a gift from the Father of life, with that gift for some are strong rules.In my work and ways If I talk about what I have done (pride) I will lose the gift. If I use the gift to make money (greed) I will lose the gift.Very few people know I am a Shaman, If you were to seat next to me on a airplane you wouldn't know, unless you look at me with your spirit eyes. Please don't take me wrong some people can talk about what they do and use it to make money, but I am not one of them.So if you are new be careful until not to talk until spirit tells you what you should do with your gift. Be humble until you are told to be bold.

Shadow-Oak

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:54 pm 

So nice to have a dream dancer: Come dance with us.

Some will be face dancers: Watch the face, nose, chin, and eyes.

Come down with us to Chavez Park I street From on High!

And join the crappy trancedancer /shaman. CC Sno mon gave free

Concerts in the park in the Highlands of Guatemala Hello Eddie!!!!

See Edward plotkin for a curious aside.

All thru the months of April, Juni Juli and Augi. Next Friday

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:55 pm 

Hi Maggie,Nice to hear from you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:40 am 

Okay, I agree that it is what we do that defines us, but it is not a 'requirement' I feel to be able to recount our healing experiences to the world. I myself have a horrible memory for details, I can tell you that I will always try to seek the best, (not always the easiest) but the 'right' solutions to issues I deal with in every day life. Especially at my work place, I will 99% of the time try to quell the negative flow of energy and inject my own positive flux, both physically and emotionally. I've always been around to help people who come to me for advice and other such needs, but honestly I can't recall any specific ones right now. And I honestly don't choose to force myself to remember, I don't feel I need to, as long as what I do feels best for myself and those around me.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism