Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Is the "Master Shamanite" stone 'for real'?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:54 am 

Brothers and sisters,

While persusing ebay tonight, I happend upon the listing of something called "Master Shamanite". Here's what the seller says the stone will do:

"Master Shamanite is the name given to an almost black colored, complex form of Calcite from Colorado in the United States of America. It has a high concentration of pure Carbon and also includes Quartz, Pyrite, Marcasite, Chlorite, Strontianite and Zircon. The color varies from black to dark gray and can contain inclusions of fossils.
The frequency of Master Shamanite connects to all the chakras. It has a strong connection to the solar plexus chakra enhancing and strengthening one's will power and personal power so that one can remain clear, focused and centered in one's intentions and actions.
The strong energy of Master Shamanite is cleansing and purifying. It helps to purify and strengthen one's energy fields, helping to dispel any negativity or entities that are preventing one from moving forward. It is a strong protective stone.
Master Shamanite is a stone to aid one when making inner journeys, connecting to power animals, spirit guides and souls residing in the higher dimensions. Its energy helps to link one's consciousness between the higher dimensions and the physical third dimension. It helps one to remain fully grounded and connected to Mother Earth while one's consciousness journeys to other dimensions.
It can help one understand that death is not the end but just a continuation of one's souls journey and can aid with soul retrieval."

Feedback? Experience with the stones? Please chime in.

Old Rivers

Post subject: Re: Is the "Master Shamanite" stone 'for real'?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:51 am 

Old Rivers wrote:
Brothers and sisters,

While persusing ebay tonight, I happend upon the listing of something called "Master Shamanite". Here's what the seller says the stone will do:

"Master Shamanite is the name given to an almost black colored, complex form of Calcite from Colorado in the United States of America. It has a high concentration of pure Carbon and also includes Quartz, Pyrite, Marcasite, Chlorite, Strontianite and Zircon. The color varies from black to dark gray and can contain inclusions of fossils.
The frequency of Master Shamanite connects to all the chakras. It has a strong connection to the solar plexus chakra enhancing and strengthening one's will power and personal power so that one can remain clear, focused and centered in one's intentions and actions.
The strong energy of Master Shamanite is cleansing and purifying. It helps to purify and strengthen one's energy fields, helping to dispel any negativity or entities that are preventing one from moving forward. It is a strong protective stone.
Master Shamanite is a stone to aid one when making inner journeys, connecting to power animals, spirit guides and souls residing in the higher dimensions. Its energy helps to link one's consciousness between the higher dimensions and the physical third dimension. It helps one to remain fully grounded and connected to Mother Earth while one's consciousness journeys to other dimensions.
It can help one understand that death is not the end but just a continuation of one's souls journey and can aid with soul retrieval."

Feedback? Experience with the stones? Please chime in.

Old Rivers

Sounds like snake oil to me... got a link to the item?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:04 pm 

Hydrassas wrote:

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTER-SHAMANITE-Wi ... ltDomain_0

Just doing a search on "master shamanite" will get a lot of listings.

I'm not sure about it either, hence the question to everyone. I did ask a native Coloradan, who is also a shaman, who replied, "Never heard of it".

Maybe snake oil, maybe something outside our experience.

Old Rivers

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:59 pm 

Old Rivers wrote:
Hydrassas wrote:

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTER-SHAMANITE-Wi ... ltDomain_0

Just doing a search on "master shamanite" will get a lot of listings.

I'm not sure about it either, hence the question to everyone. I did ask a native Coloradan, who is also a shaman, who replied, "Never heard of it".

Maybe snake oil, maybe something outside our experience.

Old Rivers

I just looked at his feedback, in particular the neutral and negative. I wouldn't trust him... a lot of people leave good feedback to avoid conflict, i'd suggest you check if anyone else has this on ebay and if they give a similar description. :|

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:40 pm 

Thanks for the feedback Hydrassas.

I'm not planning on purchasing one. I live in the desert in Colorado. I will watch for one on the ground. :wink:

Old Rivers

Hydrassas wrote:
[
I just looked at his feedback, in particular the neutral and negative. I wouldn't trust him... a lot of people leave good feedback to avoid conflict, i'd suggest you check if anyone else has this on ebay and if they give a similar description. :|

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 am 

If a stone wants to work with you, whether it be a piece of gravel or the single most beautiful stone that ever existed, it will use its voice to let you know very clearly....and you will have no doubt about the message.

Yes, stones can talk.

Chris

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:59 am 

I'm pretty sure that's a piece of granite.
and I agree with chris

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:06 pm 

I have a PhD in geology and was a geology professor for 24 years, and now I'm a shamanic practitioner.

I looked at the description on the website. This rock is a common limestone. Some limestones are black and many have fossils, since they are formed from the shells of organisms. Many are Paleozoic, especially in the western U.S. They are all made of the mineral calcite. So there is nothing unusual about this rock. Such limestones occur in formations that are tens to hundreds of feet thick and cover tens to hundreds of square miles.

Any stone can be empowered, or a stone can call or speak to you. Commercially, however, this stone is virtually worthless, and the person selling it for high prices is perpetuating a scam.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:06 am 

Various stones,especially quarts crystals,can have beneficial influence on the human energy field.Also,a stone can be charged by someone with energy.If a sales man gives a fancy name to a stone,this does not make it special.You can use any stone you find in nature, as a power object- any stone you feel attracted too.Also,there is plenty of literature available, on the commonly used healing stones and how to use them.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:55 pm 

Master Shamanite Is a Carbon-rich form of Calcite. Its other name is Black Calcite. Its just an extremely rare stone, or never honestly thought of. Simply because its just another black stone, many tend to go for flash or color. The name Master Shamanite refers to the spiritual qualities of the stone, which are said to facilitate entrance to shamanic states of consciousness. Master Shamanite is more complex than simple Calcite. It contains a high concentration of almost pure carbon, as well as lesser amounts of included Pyrites, Marcasites, Quartz, Chlorite, Zircon, and Strontianite. In addition, there are visable and microscopic fossils including the shell fossils known as the "King of Creation." Some appear in Shamanite as white spots and, more unusual as minute white spirals. Its found in a remote mountainous area area of Colorado. And as a Pagan/Occultist, I can add that just be looking at the stone I can sense the energies it possess's. So, to answer the question: Yes, Master Shamanite is for real.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:41 pm 

Priestess wrote:
Master Shamanite Is a Carbon-rich form of Calcite. Its other name is Black Calcite. Its just an extremely rare stone, or never honestly thought of. Simply because its just another black stone, many tend to go for flash or color. The name Master Shamanite refers to the spiritual qualities of the stone, which are said to facilitate entrance to shamanic states of consciousness. Master Shamanite is more complex than simple Calcite. It contains a high concentration of almost pure carbon, as well as lesser amounts of included Pyrites, Marcasites, Quartz, Chlorite, Zircon, and Strontianite. In addition, there are visable and microscopic fossils including the shell fossils known as the "King of Creation." Some appear in Shamanite as white spots and, more unusual as minute white spirals. Its found in a remote mountainous area area of Colorado. And as a Pagan/Occultist, I can add that just be looking at the stone I can sense the energies it possess's. So, to answer the question: Yes, Master Shamanite is for real.

"Master Shamanite" is nonetheless a garden variety limestone (I have a PhD in Geology and was a geology professor for 24 years). The presence of fossils and the various minerals (pyrite, maracasite, quartz, chlorite, zircon, stronianite) in trace amounts is not unusual. Neither is the presence of carbon, which gives this rock it's black color. The person that sells this stone is trying to make something plain into something special by listing the trace minerals common in many limestones and other sedimentary rocks. The commercial value of a piece of black limestone like "Master Shamanite" is a few cents. You can empower any stone, but please don't support people who are perpetuating a scam.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 am 

You have apparently bought Master Shamanite and wish to think of it as something special. It may be special to you. What I wish to warn others is that the COMMERCIAL value of this stone is zero. It is NOT "extremely rare". There is absolutely nothing unusual about it -- carbon, chlorite, zircon and strontianite are common trace minerals in limestone. The "minute white spiral" fossils are gastropods (snails), very common in limestones. To refer to this stone as black calcite is incorrect -- it contains calcite mixed with carbon, which gives it the black color just like carbon gives coal or shale a black color.
Let me illustrate this by giving you a description of a stone I'll call "Super Shamanite". It is made of quartz (which is piezoelectric), orthoclase, plagioclase, black mica, zircon, titanite, rutile, magnetite, and apatite and contains trace amounts of tantalum, lanthanum, yttrium, strontium, rubidium, and scandium. Sounds great! But that's a description of a garden variety granite. If I were to sell it as something special, that's a scam. Master Shamanite is a scam -- someone drove up a road in Colorado, put some plain rocks in his pickup, got a geologist to give him a technical description, and sold it as something special. The point isn't whether or not it is special to you, it is about the COMMERCIAL market value. You might as well buy a lump of coal for $50. :)

gdhhgd wrote:
Priestess wrote:

"Master Shamanite" is nonetheless a garden variety limestone (I have a PhD in Geology and was a geology professor for 24 years). The presence of fossils and the various minerals (pyrite, maracasite, quartz, chlorite, zircon, stronianite) in trace amounts is not unusual. Neither is the presence of carbon, which gives this rock it's black color. The person that sells this stone is trying to make something plain into something special by listing the trace minerals common in many limestones and other sedimentary rocks. The commercial value of a piece of black limestone like "Master Shamanite" is a few cents. You can empower any stone, but please don't support people who are perpetuating a scam.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:39 am 

I do a lot of work with gemstones and crystals. I usually find them from as little as 10 cents to perhaps a few dollars. All of them work with the proper intent and will in place. The secret ingredients in any sort of 'magic'...

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 am 

Chris wrote:
If a stone wants to work with you, whether it be a piece of

Yes, stones can talk.

Chris

Yes!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:11 am 

That rock existed long before any trace of humanity.

Also, no.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism