Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Do you always seek permission before helping another?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 8 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 16

Post subject: Is permission always required?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:43 pm 

Do you always seek permission before helping another? If so, permission from whom? If not. under what circumstances? Thanks, Dennis
------------------
I do not always seek the individual's permission. If I'm working to retreive a missing person, or to stop a serial criminal I seek only the permission of my own heart and the agreement of my helping spirits to undertake the project. If helping an unconscious person I seek the permission of my own heart and the agreement of my helping spirits to undertake the project, if possible I also get permission from the victim/patient in a Middle World journey. In most other healing cases I will seek verbal permission from the person. That being said I will ultimately always reserve the right to listen to my own heart and the advice of my helping spirts above all else and am fully willing to take resposibility for the consequencies of my decision. Dennis

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:30 am 

Depends. Usually the Client is visiting and then asks me to do some stuff. Finding missing persons is not exactly a shamanic action but a passive location which does seldom need permissions, but most of time someone asks me to do this who has a real interest in finding the client. Also I ask relatives and the spirits if a client is in coma or unconscious.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:40 pm 

"Finding missing persons is not exactly a shamanic action"
----------
Apu Kuntur: Hi! A little surprised to read this as carrying out Middle World journeys with the assistance of helping spirits to locate missing objects and/or missing tribal members has been described in many cultures as part of the activities that indigenious shamans carry out for their communities...as by the way are efforts directed against those who bring harm to member's of the shaman's community. Dennis

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:29 am 

howdy Dennis,
as in all things this is a place with a few grey areas.

in healing work I like to have permission. I think that people have the rights to their own energy bodies and I know that unsought shamanism on a sick and empathic person can seem to be attacks. further I think that healing often takes not only permission but cooperation and drive from the client. so in that instance yes, I do. though in many healing situations it is a relative of the person in question whose sought me out. if they ask for my help, the relative, I don’t inquire if their loved one has been consulted. though I do send back journey reports to them for them and their loved one if they wish to relay those reports.

however, I’ve found that there are many things which affect others over which I won’t ask their leave. for example I’ve worked a great deal with my healing spirits and my ancestor spirits on the orlog of my family. I feel that I have a right to do this as I am of this weave.

if I am called by my spirits or an individual to find, bind, or reveal a person harming another such as a criminal or an abuser than I ask only my spirits.

if I have taken it on myself to work for a community, then I seek out the spirits tied to that community and gain their aid and input. but not the ok of the people thereof.

so sometimes yes, but mostly no. it’s not that I’m intrusive. I’m not a novice just aching to try out my skills on anyone or any situation I see. rather I’m fairly reluctant to act without reason, if given reason I will seek out my spirits and probably spirits closer to the situation and on that I move forward.

in frith and bliss,
Crowfuzz

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:32 am 

Bearsky wrote:
"Finding missing persons is not exactly a shamanic action"
----------
Apu Kuntur: Hi! A little surprised to read this as carrying out Middle World journeys with the assistance of helping spirits to locate missing objects and/or missing tribal members has been described in many cultures as part of the activities that indigenious shamans carry out for their communities...as by the way are efforts directed against those who bring harm to member's of the shaman's community. Dennis

I was trying to make a difference between the kind of things a shaman does which require an allowance and those where this is not prerogative. You are right, of course.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:40 am 

Yes I do. Always ask permission. If not, for me at least, it feels like voyeurism and intruding. I find it unethical. But this is my practice. I do not judge someone else's take on things.
If someone is not conscious and I cannot reach the person, or in case of a baby or an animal, I simply journey towards the soul of the person and ask there.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:33 pm 

I voted Yes, but sometimes it's only from the person's spiritual guides or Higher Self, if for example I'm made aware of someone who I think has suffered soul-loss or similar, and who I could help.

However, there was one time when for purely selfish reasons I didn't, and proceeded to do some intense distance work on someone who had a profound soul-trauma - but because my intention was good (I was grateful to the person for past assistance, and had a heartfelt wish to empower them after a setback) several years later, something coming directly from that person kind of re-paid me karmically, by helping ME out of a rut I'd got into!

And that, my friends, was very neat indeed! :wink:

Of course there's also psychopomp work where the person isn't there to sign a consent form :? and so all consent is sought in the realm of Spirit, and then there's the ps. work where the person's gone a little loopy from being dead, and they aren't in any condition to give consent UNTIL they've been healed... so yes, grey areas abound!

Post subject: No
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:11 pm 

I have permission when a client is present. I also work surrogately and long distance. There is no permission for me in those cases, usually.

We are all strands of pure spirit in the great Web. All boats rise with the tide. We are One, and as One we heal ourselves when we assist another. Seeking permission seems to me to be a recognition of the illusion of separation.

The trick is whether we have the awareness to know when we are assisting. If someone is in immediate physical or emotional distress, I act. I've never been a karmic adherent....., I feel it is a cultural program.

Also, there are many times when someone thinks a bad thought or exercises judgment about another person. Do they get permission???

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism