Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Impossible
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:39 am 

is possible.

It's true. I'm just wondering that as shamans, what are the ultimate goals of your shaman practice. I'm not just talking about the simple things like some basic healing, I'm talking about the hard core stuff like full physical unadulterated shape-shifting or teleportation or what have you. The stuff of mythology that people only hear about in the old stories. The things they call impossible but you try to do anyway.

I myself want the works. Physical shape-shifting, physical plane travel, thought form creation, summoning etc. I'm after it all. How bout you?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:18 am 

At the moment the teachings I receive is about being chased and devoured, chaging into being devourer and learning to do it without feelings of guilty or morality. To find strenght for what has to be done, but do not like. To express and experience all the aspects of life and myself without judging it wrong.

When this period is over, I may return to study science of words, singing out pure intention. I started it as mantras, but talking out made journey same time gave it more lively connection.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:07 am 

I seek only to empty myself completely and become a vessel for Spirit's healing and compassion, to walk this path wherever it takes me, and to do the work that is required of me before I leave this place. It's true, some very amazing things have happened along the way, but none of it has really been by my hand. To continue to witness the workings of the Great Mystery will be reward enough...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:45 am 

I realized that I didn't add enough information to my list of impossible things. I rushed the ending.

I want to become an immortal teacher. In short, the greatest shaman, kung fu master, artist, writer that ever existed or will continue to exist.
They say that for every there is one stronger and for ever mountain there is one higher. Well I want to be the strongest man that climbs the highest mountain. But realistically I have no idea what I'd do at the top of Everest.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:47 am 

Dr.Iron wrote:
I realized that I didn't add enough information to my list of impossible things. I rushed the ending.

I want to become an immortal teacher. In short, the greatest shaman, kung fu master, artist, writer that ever existed or will continue to exist.
They say that for every there is one stronger and for ever mountain there is one higher. Well I want to be the strongest man that climbs the highest mountain. But realistically I have no idea what I'd do at the top of Everest.

I can see where your coming from in the sense that you WANT to be the best that you can be ... but I'm having difficulty with this WANTING ..

If, for reason of discussion, you were already all of the things you mention would you then have the feeling of wanting to be all the other things that you were not?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:32 am 

"I want to become an immortal teacher. In short, the greatest shaman, kung fu master, artist, writer that ever existed or will continue to exist.
They say that for every there is one stronger and for ever mountain there is one higher. Well I want to be the strongest man that climbs the highest mountain."

It is obvious that there is a great passion behind your words.

But hearing you say this:

"But realistically I have no idea what I'd do at the top of Everest."

seems cause for concern. Perhaps not knowing your reasons for seeking these things is part of what keeps you from finding them...if indeed finding them is part of your path.

When one reads or hears stories of the incredible things masters have accomplished, it's easy for one to look beyond one's own boundaries and say "I want to do that!" But one must look carefully at the source of this desire. Experience has shown that this is not like some kind of roleplaying game where we create a character, give him all kinds of random powers and head out to fight the bad guys, It's a calling, where Spirit gifts each one of us with a unique set of talents specifically suited for the job at hand.

Whether we discover and use them or not, is up to us.

I would NEVER seek to deter anyone from walking his or her own path. I would only caution that trying to obtain another's gifts may prevent you from discovering your own.

Mastery of self and service to others, ultimately, can lead one to the very same result: a glimpse of the true nature of all creation, and the mystery and love of the Creator it contains...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:06 pm 

the goal of my shamanic practices is to learn as much as i can.....about the nature of reality including myself and my own spiritual path and healing.....to develop my chosen potentials

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 am 

I am afraid sir West that I have mislead you with that last sentence. I merely meant that the idea of there always being a bigger mountain isn't realistically true for the planet earth because there are no larger mountains than Everest.

But then again, you are correct. It would be foolish to seek out the abilities of others without mastering my own. This is a common point that I have continuously forgotten to remember when I attempt to organize my strategy for obtaining my all of the above.

Actually this is extraordinarily helpful to me because, while I had no problem seeking the impossible, I've never been able to pick a start. And you are right. Starting from myself up would be my best option.

Thank you for that advice.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:36 pm 

I wish you well, my friend. I pray that wherever your path may lead you, your feet fall gently upon it...

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism