Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: I'm new and need to know more!
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 pm 

I have always been like this but could never find the word. And now I have it! I've been reading more about shamanism [should that be capitalized?] and it is for sure the right thing for me. I was wondering...

sacred objects?/writing?/people?
how do i practice this?

So yeah, that's all I got for now. I'm really eager to learn so please reply! :D

- Payge

Post subject: Re: I'm new and need to know more!
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:45 am 

Hi there,
I would say that the most useful step forward would be to find yourself a reputable teacher and take it from there! Good luck!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 pm 

Sounds like you have experianced your calling which is not un-comman to Shamanism. Often, Shamans are persons who may have experianced illness, life threatening experiances, accidents, that trigger a calling to the traditions. Personally, when I first awoke to my calling, the feeling almost paralized me. I lost interest in my work & I no longer wanted to do things that were not related to my spiritual developement. Today I am living life on a even playing field so to say, but I still feel a intense attraction to Shamanism and practice it daily. Find a reputable Shaman to menter you, and you must perform the Nine Rites of Passage. Alberto Villoldos Light Body School is very good, and you can obtain alot of info. from his web-site as well if your un-able to attend the school. Best of Luck !! Namaste..ShamanBam

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:17 pm 

magnificent submit, very informative. I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this sector don't notice this. You should continue your writing. I'm sure, shamanportal.org have a huge readers' base already! good luck

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 am 

Being a Shaman, is a curse as well as a blessing. Do you like 28 different type of entities showing themselves to you? Do you want to be attacked by a pissed of angry spirit full of evil...It happens buddy... If you are surely called, spirits work through you, reptilian hybrids and all my friend. Don't bother with feathers and trinkets...your mouth praises the gods, your heart with no desire is the shield of protection, your intuitive nature and seer or poisioner skills will keep you from going insane...never wish to be a Shaman...its a calling and you can't do anything about it, except stay alert, don't breach yourself to the things of the world...see me at 1877chinatown.com

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 pm 

If you're looking for good, solid information on shamanic technique, look for a copy of Michael Harner's book, "The Way of the Shaman." It's required reading for any student I take on.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism