Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: I'm beginning to see the world as it should be seen.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:55 pm 

Years have passed since I last sought out the path that would eventually bring me satisfaction. I searched for enlightment within the Christian, Atheist, Buddist, and Muslim ways and found nothing. Giving up on my search was something that I shouldn't have done, but if I wouldn't have quit the search I wonder if the dream leading to the path of the Shaman would've never reached me. It was not just the dream that brought me to this forum. I had started doing research on the Shaman ways and when I read the history of it and how they lived something tugged on my heart and pulled me towards it. This is why I believe that Shamanism is my true path and that it will bring me the satisfaction I desire in my life. I suppose I should start my path by entering the otherworld where I'll eventually find my power animal, but how will I enter it and how will I know which animal is truly my power animal? I assume that a power animal can be anything so the search must be complicated. Please, if you can help me start my path then I ask you to do so.

Post subject: Re: I'm beginning to see the world as it should be seen.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:36 pm 

You can travel to the Otherworld by entering trance state and journeying in spirit form. There are many ways to induce a trance, such as using shamanic trance rhythms or drumming, or by using special plant medicines (only under expert supervision). Of course, you will also have to still your mind, release anxieties and distractions, etc. while doing this. Once in a trance state, envision a peaceful place in nature as vividly as you can. Then visualize an opening leading downward into the Earth (a tunnel or burrow downward, a body of water, etc.) and go into it. What this meditation/visualization does is triggers spirit travel into a part of the Otherworld inhabited by nature spirits, including totem (or "power") animals. Once there, if you are looking for your animal guide, ask around until you find them, there are other helpful spirits who can aid you.

Here's a place where you can get a shamanic drumming track for free. It will help induce a trance.
http://www.shamanismcanada.com/drumming.html

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 pm 

What do you mean when you say:"I am beginning to see the world the way it should be seen"?How should the world be seen?By whom?Where does the "should"come from?Another dogma?
Is there a right way of seeing the world?Which world?
If shamanism is now calling you,then that is where you go.There is no guarantee that you will find satisfaction in it.I find it hard to believe that you have studied the world`s religions and have learned nothing from them.
The advantage of shamanism would be that, it offers direct spiritual experiences.It is nice to be able to own your experiences rather than rely on dogma and spiritual scripture.
To be able to see the world as it is[without prejudice,illusion and distortion],one needs to learn to observe it with a silent mind.
Meditation,journeying and dreaming would help.
Nagual woman.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:18 pm 

I like your forum, I think it says something that is very reasonable. I will always look to this forum, hoping each time to see some different things.
cheap polo shirt
Men's Ralph Lauren Shorts
Women's RL Polo Shirts

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism