Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: I have dreams of future events
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:36 am 

I have dreams of future events.

Does this make me a shaman? I have told people of dreams and they have thanked me and years later thanked me again. some call me a shaman. but I am tormented by dreams and I do not consider myself a shaman.

I am writing this to hopefully clarify my purpose here on earth, with your comments and suggestions, thank you...

Post subject: Re: I have dreams of future events
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:31 am 

From reading your post, I do not feel that you are shaman ... you even make reference to this yourself.

You are however a dreamer and as such are a part of the whole and add valueable insights to those you come across.

Personally I am more interested in the word 'tormented', would you like to expand on this and maybe share some of this apparent torment so that you may feel more at ease with your gifts?

Goldie...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:51 am 

Hi Goldie,

Well tormented by the information I view or receive, I am in other peoples body's viewing hearing their thoughts. it's so detailed at times. I wonder why I have them, if it's a gift what am I supposed to do with specific knowledge? I do not want to be on t.v. or in a laboratory. these dreams effect me during my daily life. I am bothered by them thought the day, by how realistic they are... I dream every time I sleep, even in 10- 15 min naps.

thanks for asking...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 am 

I hope you don't mind me asking questions but I have some I feel the need to ask

1. are these people random in nature or people within your circles?

2. do these dreams wake you up? (they do with me, when I have them)

3. did you know that you can 'go back in' and change the outcomes?

4. do you keep a journal? ... I ask this as sometimes it helps to externalise the accumalated energy so that it does not 'torment' you during the day.

You are not alone in this Dreamer, because I know from experience that it can sometimes feel that way.

Respect, Goldie...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:46 pm 

Goldie wrote:
I hope you don't mind me asking questions but I have some I feel the need to ask

1. are these people random in nature or people within your circles?

2. do these dreams wake you up? (they do with me, when I have them)

3. did you know that you can 'go back in' and change the outcomes?

4. do you keep a journal? ... I ask this as sometimes it helps to externalise the accumalated energy so that it does not 'torment' you during the day.

You are not alone in this Dreamer, because I know from experience that it can sometimes feel that way.

Respect, Goldie...

True! You are not alone. I happen to have these gifts as well. Nice to meet you, Dreamers!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:31 am 

It doesn't.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:34 am 

resonantD wrote:
It doesn't.

Pardon me??

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:02 pm 

dreamer wrote:
Hi Goldie,

Well tormented by the information I view or receive, I am in other peoples body's viewing hearing their thoughts. it's so detailed at times. I wonder why I have them, if it's a gift what am I supposed to do with specific knowledge? I do not want to be on t.v. or in a laboratory. these dreams effect me during my daily life. I am bothered by them thought the day, by how realistic they are... I dream every time I sleep, even in 10- 15 min naps.

thanks for asking...

I think everyone with a real talent in the paranormal is tormented by it. I also had few dreams that warned me of things or showed me things I had to do. but nothing like this and not so often as you. you have a gift as far as I can tell.

what you are supposed to do with the knowledge depends. I dreamed once that if I ever go into a certain town with alcohol in my body I would get beaten up and killed. it was so real a dream that I woke up and felt very strange but it came to me as a insight that our city where I should stay away from is getting very violent at night time. someone like me with long hair and skinny and a outsider and usually going out for a good time on my own with no one following me would be a good target for trouble makers at the time. lots of violence where happening at that time I dreamed this. so it was all in all just a fair warning because I had a small period of time where I went out for Irish pubs and had planned to go the the city I dreamed about.

you can help people or understand peoples lives. I always just try helping people with giving them logical reasons why I think they should do certain things even that it came to me as a spiritual insight. because I do not want them to think that I am a healer or has any abilities at all just human to human being freindly advise I try to give them and also not telling them it was spirit who gave me the information to pass on makes it more easy for them to just ignore my advise or if they do not believe in these things take it if they want.

good luck with it all. :)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:57 am 

I've been asking myself and others this question for the last 8 years ... at what point do you know you are having prophetic dreams that might be of events either years in the future, or perhaps past your lifetime in this incarnation?

I have been having certain dreams that feel ... much much different than normal dreams and they just ... feel different. I am often compelled to paint them (haven't yet) and none of them have ever left me.

I am an odd dreamer anyway ... I tend to drop into dreams and rem state within a minute (or less sometimes) extremely rapidly, I *always* dream - often I am aware I am dreaming and can change things, I usually have a vivid recall of them - sometimes lasting days or weeks or decades - and I can wake up, have a conversation, go back to sleep and purposely start the dream up where I left it, so that I "can see what happens next".

However these other dreams ... they are different. They haunt me for a while after and then when they stop spooking me a little, they kind of back off and hover around.

A couple have seemed to have come true - or rather I wonder if they came true ... it's kind of hard to say. Like for example, I had a strange dream about being in a very very very tall white building with other people and the person that I was ... wasn't me - though it was (that in itself is unusual ... usually I am the person in the dream), and I had a sense that I was speaking in a different language although the body seemed to recognize it, I myself only understood it in gist. I was in a skywalk that connected the buildings which was open to the outside or seemed like it was, and I felt that I was in Japan ... the people with me appeared to be of that nationality and the architecture seemed to work with that.

All a sudden the building felt like it was swaying - very dramatically and there was this moment where I was pondering it and said to myself - oh it's just moving in the wind, and then as I started sliding due to the building continuing to move in a direction away from me towards the door I had this moment when I realized that building had JUST passed that particular point when you know that it cannot recover from this and it's going past a breaking point, it's not swaying at ALL, no, it is falling like a hand was pushing it to the side and toppling it (not like it was falling down due to structural damage). As it picked up speed and the true experience of that situation was registering on my consciousness and the pure mortality of the situation was beginning to impress itself upon me, I woke up. It haunted me for weeks (I can still remember ALL of it, how it felt, everything, it's eerie). Then about a month or so later, the quakes in the ring of fire hit and the tsunamis hit Japan ... and it just really threw me for a loop ... part of me wonders if perhaps I had experienced a premonition.

That is a rare one where it seems that maybe I have any indication that I did have a prophetic dream ... but like ... how DO people that have prophetic dreams that are like centuries in the future KNOW it's a prophetic dream with such surety that they will document them AS such?

I mean it's one thing to have a dream journal ... but there are a few people that truly documented their dreams with THAT intent and then they totally panned out.

How can I know the difference between an extremely vivid dream (which is my default) ... and one that seems to have REAL weight?

It bothers me a little that they are usually doomsday-ish and that makes me trust the feeling of them less, for some reason. I know it's not that they are being triggered - but they are so ... bigger than life - and they are usually scarey and I am not the type to get scarey dreams or spook easily.

But like if they are coming true centuries from now, I would never have any way to know, sooo how does one actually know? Or do they not know and just make a decision to believe it is one way or another and ten just proceed with that outlook from that point forward?

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism