Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Groups etc.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:00 pm 

You asked "what groups to join, what places to travel to, nationally and internationally, etc. these are things that I am thinking about."

My humble opion is that be very aware about groups to join.
Let your Inner Guide speak to you, listen, watch, be an observer, learn.
See their auras, the energy behind them, around their words, hear their voices and then decide.

Travel? Universe will show you when and where, and ALWAYS, always will you have the last choice, which call you'll follow.

How are you doing meanwhile? Long time you didn't post here. 8)

Post subject: Making A Choice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:05 am 

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable ... you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all you have left is a compromise ... the human spirit will not invest itself in a compromise." Robert Fritz

The point being, it does not matter what might seem like the right or wrong thing to do, or what is possible or not, in your perception ... it comes down to a single question. How do you want to live, and work, and walk these paths?

When you clearly answer that question, everything in creation will conspire to fulfill your choice.

How do you know what the 'right' choice is - the only way I've found is to look inside oneself and ask the soul what it longs for, what it longs to express ...

As one of your possibilities, maybe you could integrate music and shamanism, the healing power of intended sound is awesome!

Many blessings for whatever you choose ...

J

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:58 am 

I don't think of it so much as switching or knowing when to switch.

Your path unfolds before you a step at a time. If you are supposed to be working with dozens or hundreds of people a year it will happen. If you are supposed to do something else, it will happen.

Everyone I know looks back periodically and says I never expected I would be here, doing this.

Following your true nature and being who you are and true to what you are about is what this whole world is about. Everything else is a nice example of where you need to do some work. Get to it and quit wasting yours and everyone else's time.....

I can only quote from my own experience. Sometimes people are beating down your door so that you are lucky to have a day to yourself to recover and do some self work. Sometimes you get periods of freedom to get back in touch with your path. Everything has cycles.

I assure you, you won't need to post on a forum about where and when to switch. You'll be posting more of a 'hey Guys I am busy as a woodpecker I need a little help with some new situations, anyone out there?....lol

cechmangoal wrote:
But when the time comes for me to switch, how is one to survive as a shaman? I guess it's a general question really. regardless of whether i'm doing shamanic work for unselfish reasons, I would still obviously need to make some form of income to survive....or is it necessary?? what groups to join, what places to travel to, nationally and internationally, etc. these are things that I am thinking about.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:42 pm 

I do know people, who pay their bills doing shamanic work. I know these people personally, not having just attended a workshop or heard about them.

Each of them comes from their own background and point of view about the world, purpose in life, love, and life experience. The thing they have in common is that they created their own dream, whether it was through a mission statement, a desire to learn something new, a set of stated goals about how they wanted to live their life, or a desire to heal.

- One sees the world as a place to travel. Years ago he sold his house, got rid of most of his possessions, and traveled. He learned that he loved to teach and to facilitate transformation through shamanic experience. (what some may call workshops). He very much is a shaman, who trains other shamans and holds quite a space for expansion.

- One has a passion for assisting the wounded warriors, those with PTSD. He joined with a couple of others in our area to create a non-profit organization - and he does include the words shamanic healing as part of the work, it isn't just a standard non-profit org. He approaches the business aspect of this part of his life, as a business - yet uses his shamanic techniques within the business and when working with clients. He created and facilitated a set of sucessful drumming & trance dance circles. Each year he expands from what he has learned and moves into the spaces that are asking to be filled. He listens to his inner guidance about what and how to share.

- One is a famous author, who started as a healer, then realized that she is a healer of the heart and mind. Over the years, she created a set of annual events, online courses, and correspondence course school so that she could teach others to become responsible for their own lives.

- One is a violinist, whose passion is for the animals. Some might call her an earth keeper. Her connection with the wildness within herself is so strong, that wild (and not so wild) animals are quite comfortable around her. She is aware of and following what we might call a greater purpose related to animals. While saving the animals does not pay the bills directly - being a violinist on tour and working in famous bands and orchestras gets her to the places, where she does her shamanic work. So they are completely tied together.

- Two are artists by name and shamanic be design. One creates paintings that contain healing energy and the viewer moves into that healing by looking at the painting. Another creates jewelry specific to the person / situation and their needs - wearing, viewing, or being in the presence of the jewlery invokes the shamanic energy. Some people have gone into trance just being around these pieces.

- One is what I call "an oracle" shaman. She goes into the Akashic Records and other places to seek out the information for her clients. Having her "read your records" is much like doing a soul retrieval, and she is good enough that she doesn't rely on her clients "staying sick" in order to have an income. She provides the energy conduit and the universe brings the appropriate people to her.

So in answer to your question. Yes it is possible to survive and even thrive as a shaman - but you have to create your own dream that includes thriving, and you have to know what "kind" of shaman you want to be and where your focus is.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:18 pm 

wow Buttercup Flamefrost

How inspiring!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:04 am 

Inspiring, and also a bit scary, when having the thought: "you also need to dream to thrive."
-Suggesting, that we are creators of our own lives. Do we have the courage to dream fullest possibilities or do we fear: "I am not good enough for this or that?"
Are you connected to your soul, so you can dream from it, istead your mind's nonsense, influenced pressures outside?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:35 pm 

I am a musician on the spiritual path. I am also a stone mason during the warmer months.

All of these aspects are part of my life right now, and I think they compliment each other. I work with my hands to create beauty, and honestly believe healing is accomplished both for me and others. Music does the same thing...

My travels in shamanism may take me new places in life, but to make a living doing it?
That is not my goal.

Post subject: Shamans are Musicians
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:03 pm 

Shamans and Musicians go together.
Some Journey through chanting, drumming, Dancing, whistling.. and you can incorporate Shamanic journeying through your Jazz instruments.. Just as many have journey through bass drum, snare drums, even guitars....

I myself.. Always wanted to work on the railroad all my life.
Railroad seemed to go against my Native Heritage as my Native Ancestors always were trying to destroy trains, and railroads were the end of the Buffalo, as they paid people to destroy the buffalo heards... As well as many were hauled off by rail to the reservation which for many was the death of much in the culture, and customs they were forced to give up...

I however supposedly was a locomotive engineer in a past life is where the carry over and strong love for the Locomotive or Iron Horse came into my life..

I always wanted to work on the railroad in this life never have.. as I often wondered how with my interesting beliefs, and ways is it possible for Railroading and Shamanism to exist.

I thought I would have to be forced to choose between the two as well.. As I was leaning Railroad Railroad no way was I gonna give that up... Then one day.. as I laid in bed a Train passed.. and pulled me out of body into Russia.. where a bad derailment occured and I was soul leading confused souls to meet with loved ones on the other side...

and flew backwards literally into the rail right home... and the experience was so intense that I was motion sick for a days...

That is when I realised that my Railroading and Shamanism was combining in a very interesting manner....

As I was surprised to see... that the clouds and rainspirits were responding to me waving my hand as I waved using railroad signals to redirect or slow down... the clouds...

Althought we had one unfriendly group of thunderspirits that when they went south of us decided to tip a train off its tracks.. To remind me they were in charge :) ... as I was being a demanding little brat..

Well my whole family was up at 1:30 in the morning 6 towns around us were in a pure panic over a tornadic thunderstorm... So I asked the spirits To please allow the tornado to spare out communities of destruction. As There was a loud clear No in telepathy... as they through lightning withing 15 feet of me striking the house again temporarily knocking out the phone service.. Then I turned my back on them and said fine be that way.. What is your problem? They said what is your problem lil one there is no tornados.....You saw yourself out the window its only lightning and rain... Trust yourself...

Later on it was clear that the weather forcasting meterologist people know they messed up,,, and had everyone one alert for nothing more than some severe lightning strikes and rain... not even so called hurricane force winds...

But in Iowa and IL they had serious winds and damage like that...
And later on when I thanked them for sparing the community I got a sensation of being rocked side to side strongly and then it felt like the room tipped and then I got a vision of railroad cars... The next morning.. As I posted in my news blog it was in the news that the wind gust tipped over empty railroad cars in Iowa... As I also felt from them saying.... Silly Lil one.. There was nothing for us to move...

I also love to sing, Dance and chant. And Muscians, and music is very part much of shamanism. Many Musicians are Shamans and they never knew or know it.....

As others stated music is healing. Certain tunes, Tones... beats and rhythems....

Different Systems of how to work with the chakras are out there.. You may want to look in that....

You are on the right path.. and The switch as you call it comes on its own.. For me personally it all crept up on me, and dropped itself in my lap... The Railroad Symbolism and Shamanism combined so strongly... And I was told I was a Shaman before I even knew what a Shaman was...

They say you can turn away if spirits call you... But... If you do you better have a good reason for those spirits .. because if its just reluctance or heistation.. They turn into the nightly mosquito buzzing in your ear :) ... Waiting for you swat at them.

Spirits know I fiesty I have yelled, cussed, swore, gone out right mad at times... They have tested me to use my common sense and warned me not to be to dependant on them as well... But yet talk me how to depend on their help, but also always remind me to use my own common sense, to test and learn about what I know, to grow... Not be to worry about my Passions of Religion and Railroading combining...

as I learned how to channel healing literally from a railroad track...
Iron Energy + kinetic energy + my passion for the rails + earn energy + the portal to zero point... which is where manifestation, time travel, and psychic and shamanic abilities have no limits...

Speaking of no limits. As hard as I tried all my life. I have wanted to walk to the railroad tracks. The nearest track is 6 and 1/2 miles I could not do I could not do it... I got into fight with my parents. Who I feel have been holding me back in all ways for the last 9 years.. I decided instead of getting into a rage.. To transform it into my goal to walk to those railroad tracks. I did in four hours. I walked to the tracks and back... I did 13 miles in four hours... When last week I could not even walk to the mailbox and back without stumbling.

When You focus on love, and passion, and something you always wanted to do you can reach beyond your normal limits. Hate is a form of passion. I hate my mom because she lied to me and did not help me through transportation to town and back to get a paying job.... to help get my grandpas old house in my name.... So I used the passion of wanting to reach those railroad tracks what I love.. and passion of wanting to get away from the controlling grips of my mother.. To reach an unexpected thought impossible goal of walking 13 miles in 4 hrs...

Later on.. I was given the native name that means Hawk Warrior Spirit Keeper of the Tracks...

This means protecting the railroad tracks through visions and dreams, as well as my working with thunderspirits... To help balance the weather.. and keep it on track...

We needed rain in Wisconsin so I called it.. But I am getting better with my raincallings.. as these storms were not as bad was my goof up last year... But the thunderspirits remind me.. it is not a goofup as if it is not to happen they will not make it to happen.

Take care all.
I may journey to the wheels of a train along the rail,
I may touch the rail to be gone...
You may end up journeying through your own music and jazz instruments.
I recommend you give it a try...
Shamans and Shamanic practicioners.. eventualyl become aware of how strong any kind of music is in transformation and healing.. As well as thoughts as you play and send this music.

Some think I am weird.. As I found Ozzy Osbourne as to be very healing music to me for most of my life. Especially the strong.. :) .. Crazy Train.

When I am mad or upset.. Riding the Crazy Train allows me to release it all in a positive way.. then I feel good and happy again.

- Casey Heinzism
"DNatureofDTrain"
http://www.dnatureofdtrain.com

Last edited by DNatureofDTrain on Sun May 22, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:51 pm 

I lot of good points have been made. I feel that whatever your calling in life as a career may also be ment to be the path you are on to meet the right people, and learn what you need to for your own shamanic journey. You are ment to creatively use that , not switch from it. Unless of course you have a strong feeling that what you are currently doing is wrong.

as far as accepting money for healing work and such? I don't agree with that at all. I feel it taints things terribly. it should never have a price put on it. Now if some offers to cover expenses, say travel etc, that I would consider a bit different perhaps.

The fact that music and spirituality go hand in hand I think kind of goes without saying,... though I've just said it anyway :oops:

Post subject: To be Paid or Not Paid
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 am 

It all depends on how they are recieving payment and what tradition they are practicing. Certain Traditions forbid payment at all others require it as it the Shaman is meant to hand over the payment to the spirits and if they are not paid will seek revenge back on the Shaman or the family who refused to pay..

But aside from that. I see Shaman like any other job. You can either do so paid job or as a volunteer job, and there is nothing wrong with either choice. Same with Psychic readings, although I think it is crazy to charge someone like 1,000$ for a reading like Sylvia brown or others do.. But on the other hand when you are in that much demand and famous.. You really do not have much of a choice other than the put outrageous prices or people are gonna bug you day and night and never allow you are chance to rest. But I found on my path the Spirits can be the same way... Bug you day and not and not allow you alot of rest at times...

I am all for the not charging myself... But the more older I get the realise that harder it is to find work and get a job I am 29 years old now.. People do not want to hire me for a normal job.. They all expect me to work a psychic hotline or something or assume I am still rich for 36,000$ after taxes in year 1999... I gave that money to my parents... to pay off their new edition. 200$ of it I kept for myself to buy books on Shamanism, and to keep for church offerings.. or went up in smudging smoke.. If I realised I was not gonna get the job on the railroad I had applied for.. I would have kept at least 1000$ of it..

I am almost to the point where I am gonna have to start charging for something... Because I am not able to survive on my own and I can not live with my family and parents forever especially when I can not fully practice...

But as Far as Healing and Music Goes...
I think this is one of the best examples right here.

Michael Jackson Memorial - "We Are The World/Heal The World"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVgjMwOPJYc

This is one Musician that proved how Healing and music together has helped to make a world of difference to many.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm 

The society we find our selves in today is not the tribal societies of the past,like a small town where people know what each others needs are,these things came to be offered as customary,out of respect and an understanding that something for nothing has no value,payment is neither here nor there if you cannot do what is being paid for,not much repeat business,as for classes and workshops,do we need an oversite commitee for the 21 st century Shamanic practitioner,is it right to eat meat and still be holy,if something gives someone comfort is it wrong for them to be comforted,each time we interact with each other we are affecting change,the smallest bit,even just seeing another person can cause unforseen events and outcomes not planned or forseen,is there value to your labor ? Do others Value it as much or more ? Walk in a good way talk in a good way and have a good day. :)

Post subject: Re: To be Paid or Not Paid
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:31 am 

DNatureofDTrain wrote:
It all depends on how they are recieving payment and what tradition they are practicing. Certain Traditions forbid payment at all others require it as it the Shaman is meant to hand over the payment to the spirits and if they are not paid will seek revenge back on the Shaman or the family who refused to pay..

I do think it depends. if you are doing something specific to accomplish something for someone, like healing, perhaps payment should not be an issue. If you are writing a book or selling art related to shamanism, giving a lecture on it, etc. than that is differnet.

and I've heard this before about 'paying' the spirits....

and in many cultures instead of formal payment it is more customary to give gifts and tributes isn't it?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:17 am 

It is a common question about whether any individual or group should / should not receive money for their non-physical "services" (spiritual, healing, psychic, good advice, prayers).

I have been contemplating what creates a way of ease or opens doorways for various "bodies." For example, what makes my physical human body happy? Answer: movement, breathing, food, rest. All of these are gateways.

Perhaps the answer for any individual is what creates a way of ease and opens doorways.

- If the healer is faced with someone, who is scared of releasing a dollar and letting it flow out into the world, then perhaps the best medicine/experience is to have the person pay what seems to be a huge sum of money.

- If the healer is afraid to receive money, then perhaps the best client, the healer can have, is one that insists on paying.

- If neither the healer nor the client has a fear / constriction / anger / denial related to money and flow, then perhaps the best thing to open a gateway would be for the client to come with great wads of cash and the shaman to burn it to nothing in front of their eyes.

Money only has the power we give it.

Just thoughts,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:57 pm 

Buttercup Flamefrost wrote:
- If the healer is faced with someone, who is scared of releasing a dollar and letting it flow out into the world, then perhaps the best medicine/experience is to have the person pay what seems to be a huge sum of money.

- If the healer is afraid to receive money, then perhaps the best client, the healer can have, is one that insists on paying.

- If neither the healer nor the client has a fear / constriction / anger / denial related to money and flow, then perhaps the best thing to open a gateway would be for the client to come with great wads of cash and the shaman to burn it to nothing in front of their eyes.

excellent scenarios - interesting approach!
How difficult it is for us to see beyond our comfort zones, and harder yet to allow someone else to be there.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism