Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: how to put power into objects.
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm 

I once had a time where I made power objects. sometimes a strange kind of energy , would flow from my body into the objects I created and I could feel they maintained the energy. the energy is just power. like when I was given power by a power animal and could feel that flowing in my body and around my body after that gift. its neither good or bad power its just power. feels sacred and the things I made somehow feels alive.

this is long time ago. I would like to learn how to do this. I am not sure what triggered it when it happened but I do know its not my own energy I put into the things. it felt like I draw it from the root chakra and up trough my arms and then into the object I was holding in my hand at the time.

also blessed things with a feather and smudge ceremony everytime I created something. sometimes it would result in a power coming from one direction and into the objects while sometimes nothing happened.

when I can count on this happening each time I need it then I would consider myself a really good step on my way to learning about shamanism.

how do you do this ?

Post subject: Re: how to put power into objects.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:44 pm 

Any object can be imbued with shakti. Pretty much all you have to do is intend then know how to direct the energy. Not sure there is much point to this, aside form practice and perfection and maybe if you wanted to give away the object to be used in healing.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:50 pm 

find a piece of black construction paper, and put it on a light background like white construction paper. now dim the lights and scry into the black circle until you see depth, smoke and images (this takes time and practice, some people can naturally do it others cant ever do it). when you see the correct thing your wanting to imbue the item with in the scrying surface (this will no doubt take many tries) then drop that item on the black circle, this will both close the circle and imbue said object with whatever it was you were seeing.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:44 pm 

The best way is always the most direct.

Practice setting intent, and start laying the intent in things.

There's no "magic" behind it. It's just that simple. The better you are at setting intent, the better you'll be able to do this.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 am 

resonantD wrote:
The best way is always the most direct.

Practice setting intent, and start laying the intent in things.

There's no "magic" behind it. It's just that simple. The better you are at setting intent, the better you'll be able to do this.

Agreed. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:57 pm 

It takes VERY focused intent, and can take several hours, or days, as you must prepare yourself and the object you wish to empower. You must work within sacred space, and you must work with absolute integrity.

Also, you better be very, very, very certain this is what you want to do, and very, very, very certain this is the object you want to empower, as once the object is empowered, it can take on a life of its own.

This kind of work requires much more than just intent. Remember: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:11 pm 

Rachara El wrote:
It takes VERY focused intent, and can take several hours, or days, as you must prepare yourself and the object you wish to empower. You must work within sacred space, and you must work with absolute integrity.

Also, you better be very, very, very certain this is what you want to do, and very, very, very certain this is the object you want to empower, as once the object is empowered, it can take on a life of its own.

This kind of work requires much more than just intent. Remember: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

There is only intent.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:06 am 

Shine wrote:
There is only intent.

I wouldn't bet on that...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:35 am 

putting "power" into a object is no different then carrying a object around with you for awhile until you build a personal history with said object, its just a symbol and like all symbols its meaning places importance on the object because the person carrying the object sees that symbol as having a meaning.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 pm 

Rachara El wrote:
Shine wrote:
There is only intent.

I wouldn't bet on that...

No need. :D

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:22 am 

ShimmerSnake wrote:
putting "power" into a object is no different then carrying a object around with you for awhile until you build a personal history with said object, its just a symbol and like all symbols its meaning places importance on the object because the person carrying the object sees that symbol as having a meaning.

I agree with this entirely.
It is what the object means to you. That's what gives it power.
Also…
There are times when you may share an object with others, and they can feel the power you’ve given it.
There are times when you can be given an object by someone else and you can feel the power they’ve put into it.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:40 am 

There seem to be three very different things being talked about here but without distinction.

The imbuing of 'life' or Spirit into a new object, where we are merely creating the space and intent for the new object to become 'alive'. (Think of how a Jhankri shaman invites the spirit of his Dhyangro (drum) to come work with him, then at the end of the ceremony he thanks the spirit and allows it to go away until the next time, then if the Shaman dies inbetween - the Spirit is not tied to the drum - it has it's own freedom and life!)

The infusing of an object with energy of a specific kind which our Spirit allies will or have shown us is needed and so we are the conduit through which this energy flows to the object, whereafter it can aid in someone's healing, protection, self confidence, etc. (Think talismans and similar)

The soaking up by the object of personal energy through connection with ourselves.

It is part of the teaching of many traditions to make such distinctions but much of the new-age or 'core' teachings of the 20th and 21st C don't yet have the experience or learned wisdom to express such things through books or workshops.

Whatever you are doing, KNOW what you are doing and WHY. Simply introducing some kind of energy to an object, place or situation is not good enough and the with the best intentions in the world, can actually make a bad situation worse.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 am 

Hi,

Forest Child is right in many respects.

The main thing to know is that not every individual can do every thing. Some people seem to think that all you need to know is the recipe and anyone can become a shaman and do shamanic things.

There is no substitute in finding an honest teacher who does know and who is willing to pass on whatever knowledge he or she believes the questioner is able to process.

Mac

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:31 pm 

Many thanks for an explanation, now I will know.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 pm 

Mackenzie wrote:
Hi,

Forest Child is right in many respects.

The main thing to know is that not every individual can do every thing. Some people seem to think that all you need to know is the recipe and anyone can become a shaman and do shamanic things.

There is no substitute in finding an honest teacher who does know and who is willing to pass on whatever knowledge he or she believes the questioner is able to process.

Mac

Shamans are born, not made.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism