Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: How important are animals, Trees, Rocks, flowers, etc.
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:46 pm 

Hello my Brothers and Sisters :) . How important is nature, animals, trees, flowers, rocks, etc. when practiceing Shamanism. Or is there no connection or a connection if you are in the need for some earthly guidance? I'd like some reply's before I give you mine. Thanks Jim :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:06 am 

Obviously it depend much on person himself. At ancient times shaman often stood between what is called nature and human society. There was conversation, because humans needed rain on their fields and so on... naturespirits were often consulted. If living inside concrete, you may find other forms of spirits than trees, plants and rocks to cope with. I think it is all about surroundings where you live.
For me it would be a death, if I could not live near nature, but others may feel the same about citylife.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:48 am 

All of nature is critical to life, as each is dependent on the other. Man is the most dependent on nature, as we could not exist without it.

Shamanism is a way to connect directly with the natural and non-ordinary worlds to influence life here in this existence. By communing with nature (rocks, trees, animals, spirits, etc) and understanding the dependency of life to nature, the shaman can go between the worlds to bring back knowledge, guidance and healing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:01 am 

What is a tree without soil or water ? What is a Bird without the air or the earth ? What is an Ant without a colony? What are we without the least of these? Humans are not the only shaman in this world or in the others,If all humans were struck mute in the world does that mean that we are braught down to the same level as the rest of Nature or elevated to it ? Sometimes we become self absorbed and assume that we are the center of the universe,a more important question may be what or who in nature can live without us, without us in the world what in nature would suffer for it ? I can see a Termite Shaman wrestling with this same question,we're the rulers of the earth,if humans were telepathic they'de be gods like us,lololol,we are handycapped without the help offered by nature,the shaman is a bridge between us and nature as well as us and the spirit world,without nature shamanism would be delegated to mirror holders,someone comes to you with a problem or for healing and you pull out the sacred glass that shows the reason for all of your problems in life every time as if by some sort of insane magic,flawless reflection,many will look but few would see.Shamanism is possible without nature,but sometimes a solution to a persons individual problem cannot be attained or realized without help ,to the shaman the problem is a simple one with a simple solution,sometimes the individual is his or her worst enemy,whether its a lifestyle problem that keeps the person falling back into the same negative energy that got them where they are,but with the help of nature we are able to make a more lasting enriching solution,sometimes it helps to know that we have someone helping us to overcome our ailment or problem,through life we all have helpers and spirit guides,though we're blind most of the time, when things go wrong it helps to know that were not alone,the shaman reinforces that connection.At this time and in this place this is how I see it,with the help of the holy spirit,we give thanks for the Time and the Place.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism