Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Hi
 Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:45 pm 

Hello to you all.
I've been reading quite a bit on this forum before joining, just to get a feel for the place. A lot of interesting stuff here.

I'm an atheist (thus have no belief in gods, goddesses or spirits), but I have a strong interest in shamanism which, I realise, might sound contradictory to some. I believe that the spirits encountered may be archetypes of aspects of our selves, rather than actual beings. Having said that, if the help given is valid, it ultimately may make no difference if you believe them to be real or not.

I am keen to journey for the first time, so perhaps my views may change after my experience. No doubt I'll be seeking advice on this, so any help will be welcome.

Glad to be here.

Slainte.

Post subject: Re: Hi
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 am 

My beginning was a bit like that also, and you'll find your own way to see things. It does not matter at all, if you believe or not. But does it work? Also it can be seen that this kind of work is not for everyone. For some it works well, while others cannot reach over their own over analysing mind.

Post subject: Re: Hi
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:45 am 

Thanks for the reply, Jusma.

I agree with the problem of being too analytical. That's something I may have to overcome and, instead, try to get more involved emotionally.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism