Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Help understanding
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:26 pm 

One thing I've noticed on shamanism forums, as well as among shamans in general, is that nobody seems to use their intuition to answer people's questions. Many of these questions on here receive multiple answers that may or may not actually apply? Isn't it time we started consulting our totems and universal consciousness about these questions people have?

The reason I say so is that we could be passing up an incredible wealth of unexpected new knowledge and understanding, as well as bring real resolution to the problems people are having.

I see a lot of questions saying "I THINK this may be it" but no one saying "my guides told me_____ for you."

We could use our massive wealth of resources here to help each other spiral upward more quickly. I just don't understand why that doesn't happen. It doesn't take very long, does it?

I know setting up a space and going into a trance is a pain, but the more we do it, the better we get at it. I simply don't think there is enough shamanizing involved in the answering process.

Is there something I'm not getting, because this seems too important for me to misunderstand.

Some of the questions I need to ask would require someone to go into the trance and ask their guides for answers specifically for me, but I am hesitant to impose on all of you. Is anyone willing to do this for me?

I'm willing to offer ho'oponopono in return. I just need help answering these:

a.)what exactly is going on with my panther spirit

b.)why does my energy body feels like it is burning when I journeyed just now

Post subject: Re: Help understanding
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:10 am 

ResonantD, I think it is quite likely that people are using their intuition, you can't judge the way they answer and say they aren't. Personally, I often say "I think" because to me it almost seems a bit arrogant to put an answer in a way that seems to say that I think I 'know it all'. I use my intuition ALL the time but having come to this path from being a witch, my intuition comes through, whether I am in trance or not. I 'get' feelings, or words, or pictures, or messages in my mind, often as I am reading something on the web.

For instance, when reading your post and seeing your first question about what is wrong with your panther spirit, I got a kind of heartsore feeling in the area of my heart chakra. I'm not sure at this point exactly what it means, but perhaps that will trigger something in your intution :-)

Blessings

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:40 am 

Greetings,

Quite frankly, I'm not sure that an internet forum is the appropriate place to seek shamanic answers to highly personal problems. It certainly is an appropriate place to get general information about shamanism or perhaps find out how to do certain things. I have learned quite a bit from this forum about all the various approaches to shamanism that exist. I may not always agree with what I read here, but I find all the variation fascinating.

Now to the personal problems - to state the obvious, shamanism is deeply personal and profoundly experiential. Just what is going on with your panther and why you have that burning sensation is something you need to work out with your power animals and your spirit guides. This is part of developing a profound relationship with them and part of learning to trust that relationship.

I also think if you want or truly need to consult on highly personal issues, it is far better to consult in person with one single shamanic practitioner where you will get internally consistent follow-up. On this forum we come from many different traditions and and will come up with many different approaches and solutions to the same problem. This abundance of approaches and solutions may prove more confusing than helpful to someone who is already confused and unsure.

Just my thoughts for the day...no doubt others will think otherwise - and that's as it should be.

Chris

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:08 pm 

I totally agree with the two replys that you have gotten. I know that for me to give personal answers, I would need to be in your energy field or the very least have your personal permission and a picture and something with your energy on/in it.
Also your questions seem to be of a personal spiritual nature, therefore you and your PA's need to work this out together. Journey to them with compassion and ask them what is going on. My feeling is they are trying to get your attention for some reason, and you need to take the time and energy to get yourself and them on track. Be sure to notice everything that goes on in the journey -- everything has a meaning or is a clue to what you are seeking. Tom.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 pm 

resonantD wrote:
One thing I've noticed on shamanism forums, as well as among shamans in general, is that nobody seems to use their intuition to answer people's questions. Many of these questions on here receive multiple answers that may or may not actually apply? Isn't it time we started consulting our totems and universal consciousness about these questions people have?

The reason I say so is that we could be passing up an incredible wealth of unexpected new knowledge and understanding, as well as bring real resolution to the problems people are having.

I see a lot of questions saying "I THINK this may be it" but no one saying "my guides told me_____ for you."

We could use our massive wealth of resources here to help each other spiral upward more quickly. I just don't understand why that doesn't happen. It doesn't take very long, does it?

Hello resonantD

I see what you are saying and understand why you are suggesting this, however, from your questions and the 'feel' I get, you would seem to be fairly new to the shamanic path and sometimes working over distance in an impersonal forum can be, as others have suggested, not the right place to be working this way.

For me personally, there is a sanctity and respect issue involved when I work with my spirits. They simply are not there at my beck and call for trivial things. That's just the way it is with me.

resonantD wrote:
I know setting up a space and going into a trance is a pain, but the more we do it, the better we get at it. I simply don't think there is enough shamanizing involved in the answering process.

It's not a pain and never should be, but the humble intent is important rather than practice or 'spiritual homework'.

resonantD wrote:
Is there something I'm not getting, because this seems too important for me to misunderstand.

Ask your spirits, they will show you what you need when you are ready. Sometimes pushing too hard stops everything.

resonantD wrote:
Some of the questions I need to ask would require someone to go into the trance and ask their guides for answers specifically for me, but I am hesitant to impose on all of you. Is anyone willing to do this for me?

I'm willing to offer ho'oponopono in return. I just need help answering these:

a.)what exactly is going on with my panther spirit

b.)why does my energy body feels like it is burning when I journeyed just now

a) Your Panther spirit may be moving back slightly to make way for a new way of working.

b) Part of working with energy and doing shamanic work is heat! ;)

Do you trust what I say? Do your spirits confirm? Does your intuition confirm?

I didn't go into a trance/journey to answer these questions because I didn't need to. Part of it is experience, part is their constant connection to me.

One reason that divination is virtually always used in shamanic practice is that it demonstrates to the client and their family/friends the 'divine' message so it is not merely the healer who is giving advice or making something up. I think we have that same problem with evidence here on an internet community which makes offering such specific messages from spirit problematic.

Good luck on your shamanic journey. :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:03 pm 

Hi guys...
Thanks for your post here.
It helps me understand slight.
Godspeed......how to deal with depression

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism