Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Have I been called? Shapeshifting gift?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:52 pm 

This post marks my first sincere outreach to this community of incredible shamans. Reading other posts have encouraged me to speak my spirit, and for that, I thank you. I also want to thank anyone who takes the time to read a bit and help me understand my personal calling.

I am a twenty year old woman, native to the Choctaw and Caddo tribes of northern Louisiana. My heritage is extremely meaningful to me, and I feel blessed to be a part of a culture that celebrates our Earth with such gratitude and passion. Since I was a child, I have felt an incredible tie to the natural world. I am an Earth sign, and have a beautiful relationship with our Mother. I will be studying Therapeutic Use of Adventure Education in the fall in hopes to aid those who feel lost or sick by leading them into the wilderness and stripping them of American evolution - technology, traditional medicine, etc.

It was not less than three years ago that I determined the Wolf as my power/spirit animal. I consider myself a deeply compassionate, wild & free human being that desires to teach as well as learn from the numerous omens and messages that God presents to me in my daily life. I found my soulmate in March of this year - he is of Bengali descent and is very proud of his culture. Since meeting my love, I have felt a calling to explore my culture in depth and discover my own gifts that have either been passed down through our family's bloodline or bestowed upon me uniquely.

Last month, I had my first experience with with psilocybin mushrooms at the beach. The time I spent exploring while under the influence of said mushrooms was one of the most, if not the most, spiritually elevating experiences of my life to date. Above all happenings, the most significant occurrence had to be when I walked back from the beach towards a grassy area full of brush and spotted a small brown rabbit, frozen, terrified of my presence, breathing very heavily in the grass. Immediately I paused and made my body very still. It was near the end of my trip, but I remember the feeling of still being very much devoted and in awe of the new world I was experiencing. Without much thought, I instinctively began to breathe slowly, entirely focused, and with very much ease, dropped slowly like a falling dandelion seed onto all fours. As my shoulder raised, elbows bent, and head stayed focused on the rabbit, I felt my entire being transform into the Wolf. The sensation was exciting, but almost too much like second nature - my movements did not coincide with conscious human thought, but only with conscious Wolf thought, as I projected my soul and awareness fully into the rabbit. My intention was not to harm the gorgeous animal in front of me. It was only to observe, learn, become, witness, and appreciate it. After I finished studying the rabbit - its breath, how it must feel, how it must see me, what its fur felt like - I began to focus deeply on projecting my intention of slowing its heartbeat into the rabbit. As I stayed still in my low crouch, the bunny, slowly, and with much patience from I, began to breathe slower, until I could no longer see its heart pumping from under its fur and we both trusted one another. We both relaxed. I had no intention of getting closer. I was only in awe of what was happening, still entirely in my wolf form. After my intention was projected and "goal" achieved, I decided to take it further and see how close I could get. I got no more than three feet from this bunny when my friend came walking from behind the bushes and it scampered off.

I have held that experience very dear to my heart since, and have thought it to be most otherwordly, but have never understand it quite like I am beginning to now. Last night, I ingested the same mushrooms and witnessed a cat watching me attempt to sit in meditation outside under the moonlight. I had foolishly mixed the shrooms with a little alcohol. I have also felt enormous growth in myself lately, but have been hurting because of a few faults and human vices that I have been wanting to deal with but have been deliberately ignoring. The nausea I felt in my stomach after mixing the two was a wake up call. Not only did I learn that night to turn negative, uncomfortable, painful emotions into transcendent positive emotions - I learned from the cat. As I was retelling the wolf/rabbit story to my friend (and Caddo tribe member), the cat made another appearance. Without another utterance I exhaled and felt my entire vision focus in on the cat as everything else softly numbed itself. And it happened again. I transformed into the cat, moving around on all fours, completely transfixed on it. We played around, chased eachother, and communicated most certainly. I find it interesting that the only two times this has happened have been under the influence of shrooms, and in front of two people I trust very much and also see as incredible healers/tribe members.

Not only did the cat spark the word "shaman" in my mind but we found that the Black Panther & the White Tiger are my friend's totems. Many, many omens and signs were laid out for me that night to confirm both of our beliefs. I knew I had some sort of gift, and I knew that she did too. As we sat in bed until 6 AM this morning, discussing these powers we knew we had, and have been feeling to a grand extent lately, things began to click. Not only has she be communicating with spirits lately, but I "shifted," "metamorphosed," into the feline. It was different than becoming the wolf because that was my animal - this time, I was the same animal I was observing.

The real cherry on top was my research on shamanic dream initiation. Not more than three nights ago did I dream of an encounter with bears. Bears have always been my most feared animal, and every dream I can remember in the past involving bears included them finding me, attacking me & killing me. I have never escaped. But in this most recent dream, I encountered the bear, gave it what it wanted (a spilled container of honey) and they let me be - completely unscathed. After this monumental victory, a wolf came to me and looked deep into my soul. I DISTINCTLY remember the transition to the next dream. I met a woman who's son could shift into a wolf whenever he pleased. I remember saying to her - "I want to know how to shift. Please, teach me the way." And as I, in human form, ran around a dry brushy area with the wolf-boy (in wolf form) he began to teach me the ways. We communicated not with language, but in a silent way - the same way I communicated with the animals I previously shifted with.

This is very overwhelming to me. I have only done slight research, and have looked at different possible explanations like Kundalini Awakenings since I am very devoted to my yoga practice and Shamanic Initiation. I have not had any psychotic bouts, no serious illnesses save for a three-to-four year battle with anorexia ending about two years ago. I only wish for help sorting out my path. I am also very fond of practicing achieving lucidity in dreams, and my gut tells me that my training, if this is the path I am indeed meant to walk down, begins in conscious dreamtime with a teacher in that world. I feel blessed, but also confused. I feel that I have the innate power to shapeshift and would like to further my passage into this magical realm I felt I was born for. I feel so wild and passionate about this, but I don't know where to go next. I am considering turning to the Wolf herself, but would love to hear another's thoughts on my situation.

Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance for any advice and support that might be thrown my way. This means an INCREDIBLE deal to my soul as I feel like my whole life has been leading up to this awakening. Thank you, thank you, thank you kind souls.

Hoping to hear from you.
S

Post subject: Re: Have I been called? Shapeshifting gift?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:50 am 

To soft weaver,
You have had wonderful spiritual experiences.Thank you for sharing them.
You have learned much about yourself,and yes,you have the gift of communion with the natural world.
Given that,what do you want to do, next?Do you want to shape shift into every animal on the planet?...What would be the purpose of that?
Take the time necessary to fully digest your experiences and slow down with the mushroom.There are many worlds and realities that one could explore.Don`t get stuck in one act and in one world,even if it is infinitely rich in variety and beauty.
Be the wolf,be the cat,be the jaguar,be the trees,be the rivers,be the ocean,
be the mountain,be all mountains,be all humans,be the angels,be the gods.
This is your human potential and I pray for your success.
The Sage.
email:sagedreamscanada@yahoo.ca blog/oracledreamhealer.com

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:31 pm 

Sage-

Thanks be to you and your loving insight.

oracledreamhealer wrote:
Given that,what do you want to do, next?Do you want to shape shift into every animal on the planet?...What would be the purpose of that?

I am curious to expand my communion with animals further, especially under the influence of a pure lifestyle. I have devoted myself to abstaining from drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine in order to purify my system and discover my gifts in a cleansed plane of living. Currently, I see myself undergoing my next shift in order to come closer to my wild side, free of societal pressures, and become One with whatever chosen being and learn their lesson that they plan to teach me. This way, I can learn directly from a source, by being the source, and share my stories, knowledge, and gifts with others in hopes to expand in healing and awareness.

oracledreamhealer wrote:
Take the time necessary to fully digest your experiences and slow down with the mushroom.There are many worlds and realities that one could explore.Don`t get stuck in one act and in one world,even if it is infinitely rich in variety and beauty.

As I have stated before, today has began my devotion to a pure body and mind. I am extremely curious as to if/how I can shift without being under the influence of psilocybin. I am also very excited to explore other worlds without their help.

Again, thank you for your advice. I experienced my first true ego loss a few months back, and since then I have been committed to shrinking the ego, not the reverse. I am focusing on not letting any of this 'go to my head' - purposefully acting selflessly, and not spending too much time asking the Forces to bless me with signs. My dream happened when they chose to infiltrate that state of consciousness, which allows me to feel complete trust that they will make themselves known when the time is right.

My next move is furthering my lucid dreaming in practice, in hopes to meet up with the Wolf again and ask for training and guidance.

Any other advice and help is more than welcome.

Peace be the journey,
S

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:35 pm 

Shapeshifting is certainly possible without psychedelics, as is but it takes focus, concentration, and a clear mind free of "chitter-chatter". Many shamans use drums rather than plant medicine, as the drumbeat helps carry them into trance. Others don't need these tools at all.

The animal spirits know about shapeshifting, it's best if you asked them. After all, what works for one practitioner might not work for another.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:26 am 

Great Work!!

Some views to add:

Abstaining and cleansing body is good practise for all. It teaches well self-decepline and control impulsive nature. There is one possible drawback: fanatism. After year or two, re-evaluate your being, if you still need to educate yourself in that way or not. After two years, you probably have achieved good control over your impulsive urges or "needs", have great clarity of mind.

Your dreams teach you well, just follow that gut instict. People can be wrong but insticts are not.

You are very young and passionate, so best thing to do is what youngsters do: explore and enjoy. You seem so resourcful, that will not be problem. Living near some elders would help, so you do not need to do all the "wrongs" and learn that way. Solid link with your spirithelper
could also ease the way.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:27 pm 

Because of your Choctaw and Caddo lineage, go backto your family rezs and, pass some tobacco and ask if you can speak to an elder your family knows. Then pass tobacco to the elder and tell them your dream. Best to get such insight straight from the source. And plus, elders are there to help the community's children find their path ... Both physically and spiritually. It's your best straight source of culturally appropriate knowledge for you. My heart is glad to hear you are proud of your Native heritage!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism