Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Guides and tricksters....
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:30 am 

:D I claimed my rite as a Shaman within the past year and so far have had some amazing experiences....I know now that I am a very gifted healer and at age 31 I think I am well on my way to an amazing life....My question is simple. I have the gift of clairaudience and I have a hard time sometimes telling who are my true guides and who "slipped" past my defenses and is a trickster spirit toying with me....I am getting better at identifying the true guides from the pranksters. Anyone have some words of wisdom that may help out? Thank you.[/color]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:09 pm 

Hi Kodiak

Trickster spirits are, well, tricky! Some advice:

1. Make it very very clear to the spirits that you are working from the light as a spirit of light. Repeat this to them daily, more than once. Ask the light to protect you daily from any tricky spirits. I think this is the crucial point.

2. Never ever listen to any spirit who is feeding your ego in any way. This work is not about ego. Any spirit who begins to praise you is to be banished immediately.

3. Only work with spirits with whom you have developed a good working relationship over a lengthy period of time. Don't listen to any newcomers on the scene until you're very certain they are working with you.

4. No matter what a spirit might tell you, never do anything for someone without that person's explicit request for help.

These things work for me. I hope others will offer even better advice. I suspect many of us can use help with this one.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:51 pm 

I would add that if you set up a sacred space, you would clarify immediately whether you have a trickster talking. So - clear and cleanse (sage, cedar and sweetgrass in North America; florida water in South America; perhaps other ways in other traditions), and then invite those of your lineage to be present to help you.

Post subject: Trickster Spirits
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:18 am 

In addition to the other good advice given on this subject, in my experience I have found I that perhaps the crucial issues here are:

1) You should never enter shamanic reality without having first done a thorough mapping of that reality and having established good working relationships with the helping spirits who inhabit each area of it;
2) You should always take the time to clear yourself and go through your various preparations to psychically protect yourself while in shamanic reality;
3) You should always have crystal clear intent as to where precisely you will journey within shamanic reality and very clear intent as to why you are making your journey and precisely what you will accomplish during the journey;

These things should serve to discourage tricksters of all kinds from interfering with your work, but remember, sometimes tricksters appear to teach or test us as well, and sometimes we are confronted with questionable spirits in spite of our best preparations, so:

4) You should also know how to best defend yourself shamanically should you encounter a spirit who seems somehow "not right" to you, or who is threatening yourself in some way;

I have found that the most difficult "trickster" spirits are what I think of as "constructs", images of spirits that are not real, but are "constructed" by others for unknown reasons, and who prey upon the unprepared in shamanic reality in various ways. I have found that if I encounter such a creature, either in a journey, or in a dream, it will disintegrate before my eyes if I observe it closely with the "strong eye" of the shaman. They cannot withstand it. So you might test various spirits you're not sure about with this eye, and observe them to see whether or not they disintegrate. If they do, then you know they are tricksters with some agenda of their own. If they hold up to that gaze, then you can question them as to why they are there and whether or not they have a message or guidance for you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:21 pm 

Excellent points, Slow Thunder and Mountain Goat. Cleansing, setting up sacred space, and creating crystal clear intention are absolutely necessary when journeying in order to protect us during the process.

Unfortunately for me and perhaps for Kodiak, clairaudience happens outside of journey work. Sometimes it's very positive. For example, not long ago, I was following a truck down a street. Suddenly there was screaming in my head "Slow down! Put distance between you and the truck!" I did - and within a minute or two, the back door of the truck swung open and a large metal object fell out. Had I not listened...well.... Other times, the voices can be very negative. I have fortunately never listened to them though at times it was a struggle. I won't give them power by telling any stories.

But it's the grey areas, ie not as screamingly obvious as above, that are tricky. Frankly, Kodiak, and anyone else with this problem, I think the best advice is not to trust "grey area" information that might come to you outside of journey work. Included in grey area info is anything about anyone else outside of journey work. This can be very tough in many ways, especially when it turns out that the info was accurate as it so often is. But still it's best, I think, to just keep your mouth shut and not do anything with it in either ordinary or non-ordinary reality.

I recently realized that for many years, I have been able to open and close chakra energies and channels within myself fairly easily. I call closing them "making myself small". Try, Kodiak, to figure out how to open and close the clairaudience channel, outside of journeying. I admit I'm not 100% successful at this, but I also know that I get a lot less difficult crap than I used to. Ask your spirits for help on how you should do this. They are our teachers.

Good luck.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:07 pm 

Greetings all

All good advice and wisdom on the thread. Thankyou.
I would like to add a comment about grey area wisdom. I work alot with light and dark and to do that I centre and balance myself in the grey area acting as a physical doorway from one realm to the other. I do feel entities pass through my body daily as cold or warm and a shudder or a quick outbreath depending on what part is the leading edge and what part is the tail edge of that energy being. For example if their hand is the last part to leave my energy body then my own hand will lift up like a sticky atom as the last point of exit to let go. If I feel I need to project my own energy into the other realm I will feel my own energy shudder and just like a caterpillar removing it's old skin I will wriggle out of it and then step forward out of my earthly body into a space infront of me. Having very long hair, it will be the last thing to leave my body and I propel myself forward with a quick outbreath. It is not something I do consciously all the time, but I am very conscious when it happens...mostly it is a natural reaction for me now as if my body already knows when and where it needs to be done. Just like sneezing it just happens when it is required.
At a later time I will feel myself catch up with that propelled energy body and we re-intergate like putting on a warm coat and then insight from other places enters my thought stream. When in the grey area I encounter a spirit or energy that is questionable, instead of ignoring it, I question it's intent and reason for being at my place, and give it ample time to speak it's piece. Some may hang around for a week or two like hitchhikers waiting for the time they need to exit, but in that time I make clear rules that if they intend to follow me about then they can learn respect for the body they inhabit before they are allowed to pass through my being into the opposite realm. A little like a drop-in-centre for the lost spirit souls and friendship, recouperation, shelter and councilling if that is what they require before they move on to the next place. There are many different sorts in the grey area, and if one takes the time to learn patience with those spirits, there is an emormous amount of insight that is gifted as their parting gift for the friendship they have been granted. I have at times had an entire army corps in my presence and the emotional comradare was tearful, illuminating, and very rewarding as each being parted to meet with their respective families. I found that although many of them were killers because of their profession as soldiers they were also innocent to some degree and not allowed to progress until they had recognised that fact. Many of them still walk the grey area with me from time to time as we meet along the path, but they know they have my permission to access either realm through my keys. It's good to know there is an army on call in the grey area if and when I require it. They are very loyal. It is for that reason (and many others) that I do not fear the grey area or what resides there. I am well protected at all times and it is not something I need to spend too much time doubting. It allows me more focus time to council other lost souls in that realm that may require a patient listener in human form. I am notified well in advance if a questionable energy is close before it enters my space.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:43 pm 

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your wise comments on grey area wisdom. Indeed you are right; some of the spirits who come to us outside of journey work can become friends and allies. If nothing else, we can certainly help them to move on to the next place if that's what's required.

Your comments made me see that I hadn't been as clear as I would have liked when I spoke about grey areas. In my head, I wasn't referring to spirits that come to us outside of journey work for psychopomping or perhaps as eventual allies, though they certainly qualify as grey area.

I was referring, not at all clearly, to claireaudient information that might just come into my head about ordinary reality people, people who probably didn't give me permission to know these things, people whose paths I might cross in my daily life. I might suddenly get a story about their past that they later tell me (not so upsetting). I might get information about what they are planning to do (more upsetting). Or worst of all, I might get information about their health that bodes very badly for them (extremely upsetting). I truly hate it when this happens. I have worked very hard to learn to control it. I truly don't need to know that X is suicidal, or abusive, seriously ill, or whatever, especially when no one gave me permission to know this. And exactly because I don't have permission to know it, I advise two things 1. ignoring it - and 2. asking our spirits guides how to close down those channels that receive that unwelcome information. It could truly make a perosn crazy.

When that type of information comes as a warning to me of danger to myself as it sometimes has, I welcome it. If it seems permissible, feasible, or reasonable to pass some information on, I will do it. Otherwise, I see it as a threat to my intention to live with the greatest possible impeccability with regard to the spirit world and my connection to it.

As I initially said, it's a tough juggling act.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:03 pm 

So where is the "off" switch? Or does one just slowly go to the spirit realm and end up in an institution where they are deemed "mentally ill"?

kodiak

-Today just exploded in my face and I am at a very bad place right now. My apologies.
:cry:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:46 am 

Greetings Kodiak

If you need assistance, you can PM me.
Or if you prefer, you could explain the problem and allow the group to assist.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:32 am 

Greetings Chris and thankyou for the welcome.

Quote:
I was referring, not at all clearly, to claireaudient information that might just come into my head about ordinary reality people, people who probably didn't give me permission to know these things, people whose paths I might cross in my daily life. I might suddenly get a story about their past that they later tell me (not so upsetting). I might get information about what they are planning to do (more upsetting). Or worst of all, I might get information about their health that bodes very badly for them (extremely upsetting). I truly hate it when this happens.

A couple of things, if I may...
When I seek permission from people/beings to understand their positions I mostly do not ask directly with words. I utilise telepathy and ask their higher self or their guides or both. I believe that most people who truely need assistance (if in desperation) will not ask for it directly unless they are close to giving up on life and then most people don't listen to them anyway, and the person who is depressed will attempt something desperate to end their life. Alot of people do not ask if someone is okay... they ignore them because they do not wish to give of their time to help. And some who winge and cry alot are truely capable of channelling that energy into fixing their own dilemas but want others to notice them and that is what I call attention seeking behavour.... mostly adults do it. It is the very quiet ones that do not seek help but hide in the corners that are too afraid to speak up that need the most help to find confidence and to be shown how to stand in their own power. So asking a person directly with words I have found does not always bring forward the acurate answer as to if they need help or not. Some say "oh I am fine, I dont need help" and their guides and higher selves will be screaming at me telling me "he is lying and afraid to ask for help!".
The other thing is that where you say "upsetting"... please remember that if you find yourself saying that word to yourself... try perhaps not to place yourself in a position of fear. Perhaps try a technique I use where I acknowledge the "emotion", hold the energy for an individual for a few moments and breath through it to settle it whilst mentally giving it thoughs of strength. Then when I feel it is time, I breath the energy out towards the individual and send a messenger spirit to ensure it is delivered to the individual safely. I find that it puts the person in an elevated position "UP-SETTING" position and removes the "up-setting" emotion by changing it with my own energy of calmness. I usually receive a clear sign or message that the action has been completed successfully immidiatly by watching for reactions. For example a very unsettled perhaps depressed mother scolding a child in frustration, will find a quick happy solution through an unusual encounter. It is very rewarding for me to see those insights after an energy healing has been performed. No amount of money payment can match the happiness of immediate recognition like that. The not-so, more and extremely upsetting is just an indicator of what kind of energy I may be dealing with if I choose to breath it in and process it for cleansing. It allows me to choose if I will perform the action or not depending on my own state of health at the time. For example... if I have the flu I may be feeling a little drained and upon seeing a task that needs to be performed, I refuse because of possible health risks, the task will be passed over to the next available healer... usually one in close proxmity, and I am allowed to witness the process from where I am.

Quote:
I have worked very hard to learn to control it. I truly don't need to know that X is suicidal, or abusive, seriously ill, or whatever, especially when no one gave me permission to know this. And exactly because I don't have permission to know it, I advise two things 1. ignoring it - and 2. asking our spirits guides how to close down those channels that receive that unwelcome information. It could truly make a perosn crazy.

It takes a great deal of strength to accept those challenges. However you are correct, it could make a person go crazy. Remember that crazy is just another word for mad.... and if you think about mad... it can also be another word for angry. And that is what one really deals with when taking on those challenges.... angry spirits... usually family spirits that are frustrated with a human's constant ignoring of the spirits guidance. Mostly I seem to council spirits.... and try to allow them to see that many humans to not want to deal with the spiritual world because of their non-belief of its existance. Many spirits do not know how to get messages through and I only pass on the messages if the spirit can show me why it is so important to them that they have contact. Certainly talking to yourself in a busy cafe could be seen as crazy... however luckily it can be done telepathically and much more can be achieved this way.
Quote:
When that type of information comes as a warning to me of danger to myself as it sometimes has, I welcome it. If it seems permissible, feasible, or reasonable to pass some information on, I will do it. Otherwise, I see it as a threat to my intention to live with the greatest possible impeccability with regard to the spirit world and my connection to it.

Agreed.

As I initially said, it's a tough juggling act.

True... however... I prefer to be the tough one and let the spirits to the juggling acts. That way I remain amused and happy and they can provide the entertainment to make this tough one laugh. If they succeed,I know they have determination to pass a message through me and I honour their strength, courage and initiative to prove their devotion towards the message receiver. In those cases, I will pass on messages along with the story of how they made me laugh.

Elizabeth :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:37 pm 

Hi again Elizabeth,

Thanks for your thoughts. We all grow through the process of sharing.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:52 pm 

Greetings Chris

Indeed.

Regards
Elizabeth

Post subject: Hitch-hiker?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:08 am 

Yesterday before I went to work I was in very "good spirits" and felt pretty good before I got to work. Doing night security at the local hospital I am aware that there are energies/entities there and I simply observe them. Many people have told me how the hospital is haunted in certain areas and they are right....Last night was different,. I walked in, got all my gear on and went about talking to one of my friends (also a guard) and then when I was doing patrol I felt real panicky for some reason out of the blue....Bear in mind I take medication for anxiety so I passed it off as a really bad attack and medicated as I usually have to do.....Didn't work, I felt depressed, lethargic, and drained the whole night....everything was fuzzy and the real world seemed miles away from me. I came home and went to bed hoping it would pass as it usually does. This morning when I awoke I still felt "off" and really drained and unmotivated. I have been like that ever since,.
Also, the connection to the other side seems to be very critical and I can't decipher who my real guides are right now. Any thoughts or cleansing ceremonies that you may have in mind would be helpful. Thank You.

Kodiak Starr Owl

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:29 am 

Kodiak

I have emailed you seperatly however I will mention here also, huge changes to follow very soon.

A major shift in energy, Hold firm.

Lower your medication if you feel comfortable doing so.
Very soon you will no longer need it.

The waters have broken at your end of the world, at this end the baby has already been born.

It's a girl.

There are many thousands to follow.
Are you ready?

Elizabeth

Post subject: Re: Guides and tricksters....
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:42 pm 

kodiak wrote:
:D I claimed my rite as a Shaman within the past year and so far have had some amazing experiences....I know now that I am a very gifted healer and at age 31 I think I am well on my way to an amazing life....My question is simple. I have the gift of clairaudience and I have a hard time sometimes telling who are my true guides and who "slipped" past my defenses and is a trickster spirit toying with me....I am getting better at identifying the true guides from the pranksters. Anyone have some words of wisdom that may help out? Thank you.[/color]

There are many spirits who are tricksters and many spirits lie. One has
to be able to be sure that one's own feelings are not being influenced by
tricksters. Even if you ask a spirit if it is a trickster it may be lying if it tells
you that it is not. This is where God comes into this subject. Be careful!!!!!!
Even dreams and thoughts can be influenced by trickster spirits.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism