Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Greetings!
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:41 pm 

Looks like I have the honor of making the first post. Before I say anything else let me just thank the creators of ShamanPortal.com. It's a great resource for all things shamanism. I'm not involved with Shaman Portal personally, I'm just a big fan. So, big kudos!

My name is Eiwe and I live in Brooklyn, NY. I go to the local monthly shamanic circle in New York City as often as I can to meet up with other likeminded individuals. Other than that I've hard a hard time connecting with other shamans so I hope that this forum will grow :)

Well, I could go on but I'll keep it short and sweet for the first post. Is there anyone else out there?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:27 am 

Hello! I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I'm new to the world of shamanism and recently have started learning core shamanism. i'm slowly understanding how to do the techniques of core shamanism (finding animal spirits to guide you on journeys, all of the different healing aspects about it, soul retrieval,etc..). Anyway, i'm excited to have discussions and am sure that this forum will become more active soon.

peace,
Steven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:39 am 

Hello, sawabona and konnichiwa,

My name is Bronwen and I am from South Africa but I have been living in Japan since 2005.

My experiences with shamanism began when I was very young, about 7, and got hold of a self-hypnosis tape that my father had bought. I used to listen to it religiously every night to fall asleep and inevitably found myself lucid dreaming (though I admit that I didn't understand it until very much later in my life).

In my teenage years I was introduced to Wicca by an older friend and began my 'studies' though by the time I hit university I realised that it wasn't for me and I reverted back to my old practices of meditation and dream-walking.

Since I moved to Japan my dream-walking has faltered a little because I'm finding it very difficult to 'step through' here, perhaps because I don't understand the way the spirits here work. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar problem when they were trying to work in a country that wasn't their native country?

Anyway, this is much longer than I intended it to be. So, that's me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:54 pm 

congrats Eiwe on the awesome honor of being the very first shaman portal forum member to post! that totally rocks! :D

I’d like to join Eiwe in thanking those who’ve put this place together. and thanking the member who joined myspace and posted about it to the shamanism group there. (Bubba’s group). I really appreciate the effort of outreach that took, along with the construction and otherwise effort this is taking. thank you!!! 8)

howdy Steven, and Bronwen, it’s a pleasure to make all three of your acquaintances. I’ve posted some about me on another greetings thread here on this board, so I’ll not burden this thread as well. but it is a right pleasure.

frith and bliss,
Jackie

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:05 pm 

Hello Jackie!

Glad to see more people trickling in. I have a good feeling about this becoming a great resource for Shamans and those interested in shamanism to come together. I've posted about the site in some other communities as well hoping that people will come check it out :)

Post subject: Le't Get TO Introduce Ourselves; GREETINGS!
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:34 pm 

My name is crowstandingarrow. Or I go by Hottie Scottie

Shaman for sure. Also for sure I Laf alot.
So as to SEE
The Shaman laughs The Shaman Criies par excellent reading by ?
Hope to hear from others like myself. . . . . .

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:57 pm 

hey Alienswede,
i've got a good feeling about this place too.

woot! :D

and a beak clack to you, Crowstandingarrow/Hottie Scottie :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:43 am 

it is a Gift to find this site
Thank You
and a gift to meet All
may the Path be with ever-increasing Light
and depth of knowing and joining forces
in honoring the signs along the Way
and Being in the Flow
I honor the Guardian Spirits of Earth Wind Fire Water
and offer Thanks
Raymond

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:16 am 

howdy Raymond!
a big hello to you!
8)

Post subject: Re: Greetings!
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm 

Hi,

My name is Nico and I also have to say that I am glad I found this forum.
Good to see there are more people with the same interest who are communicating about the subject of shamanism.... this keeps it alive and gives the oppurtunity for advancement etc.

Hope to share ideas and experiences with any one of you some time! :-)

Regards,

Nico

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:27 am 

Hi to everyone and especially to Bronwen, cause I'm a fellow South African (still living in SA)...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:33 am 

hi,
warm greeting to all of you.
my name is Rikon smith from south Africa.
like to participates in forum..

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:27 am 

Hello,I am the Straw Dog Saoman Mariah,and I am on the Black road,My habits are changing daily,more Spartan as it were,bordering on minimalism,I utilize flutes in my way and try to pay attention to the spirit in all things in an effort to harmonize and balance the unbalanced while I learn and grow ,I havent had any luck with the Horner Method,but I seem to get insights that others are blind to,I try to help were i can but often lately I find that just because you can doesnt always mean I should,sorry I'm running off,glad to be here.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:03 am 

Your a star. I am a fan of ShamanPortal.com, I been searching for this kind of information. Thanks for the great list.

cheers!,
Bingo Card Makers

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism