Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: greetings all
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:09 pm 

I am approaching the end of my life here on earth and have decided to make myself more available to others who might be benefited from what I can share of my journey.

I don't consider myself to be a shaman but am quite certain I underwent a genuine spontaneous shamanic initiation event in my late adolescence decades ago.

I don't consider myself to be enlightened although I'm quite certain a "kensho" enlightenment experience occured later in life.

If you care to read more you can at http://www.shamandog.com

I have no particular agenda or business to sell and hope for nothing more than sharing a bit of what remains of my journey with other fellow travellers.

May you all be well and more completely yourselves!

Post subject: Re: greetings all
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:00 am 

d

Last edited by singularna on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:52 pm 

Greetings Shamandog

I hope you enjoy the discussions here.

I read your new web site and would question a few comments.

Quote:
# Ordinary people can't become shamans through their own efforts. People who subsequently become shamans are traditionally "chosen" by the spirit world through an involuntary initiation experience frequently occuring in their late adolesence.

# Initiation entails real physical death or full blown "near death experience"

# The initiate passes to the spirit world through a "rainbow door" or "rainbow bridge" the experience of which shatters the soul to be subsequently reassembled (in some meaningfully different way) upon return to the physical body and "this" world.

# Initiates undergo a lengthy and painful period of adjustment during which they struggle to balance both worlds in terms of their own unique experience. Those who succeed become shamans able to utilize their capacities usefully while those who fail to integrate them tend to go insane and/or die young

Not all cultures or 'shamanic' healers go through what you have written. Perhaps the above was your psychedelic experience but others may (and do) vary! These tired, elitist, badge of honour style requirements listed in so many books have little to do with the real world service to others, to the Universe or a person's ability to communicate with the spirits. The spirits seem to approach us and choose us in different ways. The label 'shaman' is perhaps the least important aspect of all.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:33 pm 

I also wonder a bit, what is the point? Initiation and enlightment- experinces are always personal. What use it have to point those out or try to share things, which are 100% an experience, and are never the same? Things which cannot be taught or studied but be experienced?

I do not follow, but that's quite normal. It is great many things I find hard to follow.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism