Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:00 am 

Kodiak
There is nothing wrong with your vision! LOL!
Stubborn... you ... nooooo.
A nag... me..... yesssssss.

Grandmother Crow just rolled her eyes.

Elizabeth :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:43 am 

kodiak wrote:
I know in the end I must make this decision but I need everyone's advice on the whole school thing. First off, how did each of you develop your talent? Was it through books, seminars, a bolt of lightning (it happens), or did some of you just wake up and know what your path was? I will admit that I am chomping at the bit to get to work doing the healing thing and I was fortunate enough to perform one on my girlfriend the other day when she needed it most (she is an animal healer).
KODIAK[/b]

Well, I did not read through the whole thread - enocheyes flooding postings prevent this.

To give you an advice: on a school you can learn techniques. Talent cannot be taught - compare it with playing an instrument like the piano. Usually everyone can play this instrument to a certain level of mastery, but only a handful is talented enough to be a master. But both of them have to learn some technical stuff in order to play the instrument. Same as this in shamanism with one difference: the spirits select whome they bestow with their honorable partnership and they test their incarnated partners to the bone. This does not have much in common with talent but with the choice of the spirits - whose ideas of ideal partners of working differs largely, depending on what they think is appropriate for their stuff they want you to do.

So in a school you may learn techniques but they cannot teach you talent neither they can prescribe the spirits in what they have to think about you, i.e. cooperating with you.

Out there I meet many persons claiming being shaman or something like this. When it comes to manifesting their visions in the palpable reality (healing or anything else shamanic) they quickly fell off the line: most of them only have nice images and voices in their head with no result in the everydays world.

Get clear what you really want. I cannot understand people who eagerly want to be a shaman. A healer is not necessarily a shaman, btw. Reducing shamanism to healing stuff is typical western prejudice.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:23 pm 

For Apu...

Quote:
Well, I did not read through the whole thread - enocheyes flooding postings prevent this.

You are quite welcome to skip over my posts if you find my wisdom does not suit your path. If you are not drawn to my words then that may be the case for you. If I flood the forums you will most certainly know about it. my speed typing will prove itself, however this is not my intension and I take it with a grain of salt, or possibly even less.

For all...
Some people WANT to create because they WANT so much and are not satisfied with what they already have.

Others are happy to just BE in their own creation because they already are satisfied with their creation.

One must not judge another's path else you too be judged on your own.
Each of us know our calling, and it may be very different to the next person's calling.
Best you keep that in mind.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:57 pm 

Hello Kodiak, The decision has to be yours. If you feel in your heart that you want to go than go. If anything it will be a learning experiance for you. Positive or negative it' all your decision. You said your chomping at the bit to do healing work. If you are where you are supposed to be spiritually, mentally, physically and on your true path animals and people will cross your path searching for knowlegde, healing, etc. The only thing that I know for myself is when I'm impatient in a situation. I step back slow down and meditate, journey, walk through the forest, etc. To find out why I was so impatient. The key is the I!! Only I can know why I felt that way. Only I know if a school would be good for me. Only IIIIIIIIIIIIII Know what is good or bad for myself. And if you have to look outside yourself for answers about you than you have to find out what pieces of your puzzle have pop out and super glue them back. Kodiak why only be a assisiant to a head Shaman at a school? Why not after awhile open your own school for the ancient arts and be the head shaman running your own school. Don't give your power (energy ) away!!! How did I develop my talent? It was almost like getting hit by lightning. Spirit directed me in directions that lead me to my true path. Good Luck on your decision it is yours and only yours!!!!! If you know a good typing taecher give me there name :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:15 pm 

Elisabeth and Kodiak,

Have lost track of where you talked about the earthquake, Elisabeth, but I just wanted to say that I think you hit it pretty well - timing right, Asia right, large right. China as opposed to Japan - close!

I sometimes get messages about earthquakes and such - never quite know what to do about them...and the location thing can be rough to judge. But then I often get odd bits of info that I don't quite know what to do about.

On the topic of schooling in shamanism, Kodiak - the spirits are our teachers - end of story! BUT, putting ourselves with teachers in schools and workshops or with indigineous teachers may put us in situations that make it somewhat easier for spirit to do its teaching. Working with human teachers is a way to set aside sacred time and open ourselves specifically to spirit. That's my take in any case. I sometimes take a workshop here or there just to consolidate what I have already received from my own work with my own spirits.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:55 pm 

Quote:
Elisabeth and Kodiak,

Have lost track of where you talked about the earthquake, Elisabeth, but I just wanted to say that I think you hit it pretty well - timing right, Asia right, large right. China as opposed to Japan - close!

I sometimes get messages about earthquakes and such - never quite know what to do about them...and the location thing can be rough to judge. But then I often get odd bits of info that I don't quite know what to do about.

On the topic of schooling in shamanism, Kodiak - the spirits are our teachers - end of story! BUT, putting ourselves with teachers in schools and workshops or with indigineous teachers may put us in situations that make it somewhat easier for spirit to do its teaching. Working with human teachers is a way to set aside sacred time and open ourselves specifically to spirit. That's my take in any case. I sometimes take a workshop here or there just to consolidate what I have already received from my own work with my own spirits.

Chris

Yep Chris....
Kodiak and I know precicely what we are talking about and working with.
We don't hit anything, we feel the shockwaves of the karma that the rest of the world creates, try to absorb as much as we can and then what we can not contain will deflect off to the sides like a sparking candle.
The flame is strong and will last an eternity, the sparks are fond memories.
The spirits will show you one side of the coin, it is up to you to show them the other side and when the coin is flipped is where the arguement rests.

Do you have any other questions at this time?

Elizabeth (is spelt with a "z") :wink:

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism