Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Full Moon
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:35 pm 

This may sound strange and i figured i'd ask here about it to see if anyone could possibly shed any light on the subject... :?

Whenever the moon reaches the cycle of being full i begin to feel strange i remember for a while last year i couldn't sleep while the moon was full, now my senses and mood just change dramatically... I went to meditate earlier and i just couldn't do it, something was just wrong. I have no idea what it was just something was making me uneasy.

This could all be nothing i really don't know which is why i'm asking

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:39 am 

Full moon is not so easy time for sensitive people. I just read an article today about moon cycles and how the position of moon was noticed in gardening, agriculture, falling logs, everything that grows. Even barbers have noticed hear grows more strongly, when moon is growing.
There is more violence and restlessness at full moon. Why that is so, is not known.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:03 am 

Have you tried alcohol and sun bathing?
Sunbathing or just exposure is suppose to help if your weak to moon.
it's a ying yang thing really. And the alcohol is not sure. I have a fellow shaman, and that's kind of his answer for everything. He's good, just a bit tippy, but he swears it works.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:06 am 

Dr.Iron wrote:
but he swears it works.

Guess, at greater amounts of at least. :)
But, it is also strong substance for yang, booze I mean.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 am 

I had severe problems for years during the days of full-moon. Could not sleep and all that. My solution was to utilize a smokeable witches-ointment, which I manufactured by myself, made from a variety of special (toxic) nightshades like belladonna, datura and alraune among others. It helped me well during those days.

Finally I healed the female part of myself, which actually caused the problems, by accepting and living it. Nowadays I no longer have any problems.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 am 

Dr.Iron wrote:
Have you tried alcohol and sun bathing?
Sunbathing or just exposure is suppose to help if your weak to moon.
it's a ying yang thing really. And the alcohol is not sure. I have a fellow shaman, and that's kind of his answer for everything. He's good, just a bit tippy, but he swears it works.

Thank you for your suggestion but sun bathing for me is generally not a good idea... I've already had a mole removed that may have turned cancerous and i live in Australia, we need to be careful about what we do in summer. For what it's worth thank you for the suggestion :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 am 

Hydrassas wrote:
i live in Australia, we need to be careful about what we do in summer.

Whoops~ that would make sunbathing a bit.... dangerous. Sorry I'm from seattle, all we get is rain, so that never crossed my mind.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 am 

Dr.Iron wrote:
Hydrassas wrote:
i live in Australia, we need to be careful about what we do in summer.

Whoops~ that would make sunbathing a bit.... dangerous. Sorry I'm from seattle, all we get is rain, so that never crossed my mind.

it's cool mate, it's an honest mistake

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:44 pm 

Your not alone, i can hardly get any sleep when there's a full moon and what little sleep i do get is filled with very intense dreams. This has been happening for sometime but i now quite enjoy sitting in the moonlight when no one else is awake, its when i recieve the most inspiration.

Post subject: Just an update...
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:06 pm 

Well this is kind of weird and it makes sense at the same time... it is currently a new moon and i feel pretty depressed. Kinda the opposite to how i feel during a full moon where i'm all hyper and my mind is racing a mile a minute thinking about every possible thing it can and me laughing my ass off at the tiniest of matters.

The last few days i've pretty much been isolating myself and not really thinking at all, i just do things. I kind of feel hollow and empty like someone close to me has passed on. I suppose all i can do is let this run it's course and see what happens, i've been considering keeping a journal about things like this. I wonder if anyone has any theories again?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 am 

To be and to do are all you will ever need ...

Looking to the moon for an explanation to your feelings will, in my opinion, keep you in a never ending cycle of over-analysis ..

Who do you wish to be today?
What do you wish to do?

Whatever you decide, do and be happy ... life goes on :D

Respect, Goldie ...

p.s. I took my reply as being a personal reminder :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:45 am 

Goldie wrote:
To be and to do are all you will ever need ...

Looking to the moon for an explanation to your feelings will, in my opinion, keep you in a never ending cycle of over-analysis ..

Who do you wish to be today?
What do you wish to do?

Whatever you decide, do and be happy ... life goes on :D

Respect, Goldie ...

p.s. I took my reply as being a personal reminder :wink:

i admit that i have a habit to over analyse things however myself and a close friend of mine have both found a pattern and believe that the moon is not the main cause but only a factor

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:39 pm 

Quote:
believe that the moon is not the main cause but only a factor

I totally agree :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:48 pm 

Goldie wrote:
Quote:
believe that the moon is not the main cause but only a factor

I totally agree :D

i need to meditate on the matter in an attempt to find out why this is happening but that is so much easier said than done at this point in time... every time i try i just start hearing these voices calling out and whispering my name. I don't know whether this is mental illness, i'm calling spirits to me some how or whether i'm releasing PK energy subconsciously because things sometimes get knocked over. I'm not sure whether this is relevant or not but when i am actually able to meditate without the voices my hands start to burn like they are on fire.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:26 am 

Nothing you mentioned in the above post sounds to me like a mental illness ...

Both things mentioned are, to me, a sure sign that you are 'with spirit' .. I too am clairaudient <hear voices> and soon after my 'wake up call' EVERYTHING was chattering away at me .. stones, trees, birds ... you name it, it pretty much was telling me something ..

Hot hands was another thing that I soon became used to as a sign that spirit was close to me and ready to communicate .. so in short, please do not associate these things with mental illness, put it right out of your head ..

As for the moon and its influenece upon you ... there are a gazzilion things that have an influence upon other things .. its the way of the universe .. one energy in motion will always have an influence on another energy in motion .. the amount of influence being dependant upon it's mass, volume, vibration, speed etc. etc .. can you now see how much energy you could waste even attempting to 'figure it out'? .. use that energy firstly for yourself and when there is some spare <there will be more than enough>, give it away for the good of the whole ..

Respect, Goldie...

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism