Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:55 am 

Goldie wrote:
Nothing you mentioned in the above post sounds to me like a mental illness ...

Both things mentioned are, to me, a sure sign that you are 'with spirit' .. I too am clairaudient <hear voices> and soon after my 'wake up call' EVERYTHING was chattering away at me .. stones, trees, birds ... you name it, it pretty much was telling me something ..

Hot hands was another thing that I soon became used to as a sign that spirit was close to me and ready to communicate .. so in short, please do not associate these things with mental illness, put it right out of your head ..

As for the moon and its influenece upon you ... there are a gazzilion things that have an influence upon other things .. its the way of the universe .. one energy in motion will always have an influence on another energy in motion .. the amount of influence being dependant upon it's mass, volume, vibration, speed etc. etc .. can you now see how much energy you could waste even attempting to 'figure it out'? .. use that energy firstly for yourself and when there is some spare <there will be more than enough>, give it away for the good of the whole ..

Respect, Goldie...

i can't see or hear nearly as much as i used too, i got scared and rejected it. I rejected everything because i couldn't discern between what wanted to hurt me and what didn't wish me harm at all, now i'd like to be able be able to see and hear them again but i don't know where to begin. Unfortunately this is most likely something i cannot accept any help with... i could ask so many questions but that would be counter productive.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:12 am 

in Spirit . .NO-THING can harm you, the only possible way it could is if you allowed it to enter into your physical body via your mind ..

The simple solution is this .. do not think it can harm you and it holds NO power over you .. it becomes but a speck of dust to be returned once more to the universe from whence it came ..

Oh, as a side note, I have never known a question to be counter productive .. I always see them as me healing me :D ... I ask loads of questions!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:44 am 

Goldie wrote:
in Spirit . .NO-THING can harm you, the only possible way it could is if you allowed it to enter into your physical body via your mind ..

The simple solution is this .. do not think it can harm you and it holds NO power over you .. it becomes but a speck of dust to be returned once more to the universe from whence it came ..

Oh, as a side note, I have never known a question to be counter productive .. I always see them as me healing me :D ... I ask loads of questions!

Yes that is true but hearing voices in the middle of the night which pretty is the only time i hear them is unnerving, i did have one try to attack me the other night as far as i can tell it was a shadow of some description. Questions are generally not counter productive, but if i started springing you with multiple questions that would be. Because if i ask how will i learn for myself and i'd bet it'd get rather annoying for you

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:34 pm 

Quote:
Yes that is true but hearing voices in the middle of the night which pretty is the only time i hear them is unnerving, i did have one try to attack me the other night as far as i can tell it was a shadow of some description. Questions are generally not counter productive, but if i started springing you with multiple questions that would be. Because if i ask how will i learn for myself and i'd bet it'd get rather annoying for you

I agree with the voices in the night, it was for me too .. until I worked something out .. shut them up, close them off !!!

Now, you may ask how I did this .. well I'll tell you .. it may work for you or you may find something much better for yourself but this is the process I used ..

Just before I was falling asleep, I would make a statement of intent saying that tonight there would be NO spirits allowed to disturb me while I rested, I also added a small sentence for my guardians to ensure this was so .. the trouble with spirits is they have very little sense of time itself and think that we, as human beings can be on duty 24/7 .. that small statement / request worked ..

Just so as you don't feel alone in your experience . .I have been woken up by voices, physically pushed, punched and at one particularly disturbing instance snatched from my body connection by spirits at various stages of my development .. let me assure you, it definitely doesn't happen any more.. they just wouldn't dare !!!

I agreed, a long time ago, to assist spirit in sharing the knowledge with others that the spirits shared with myself .. I have been bombarded with questions ever since and have yet to get annoyed about a single one ... if you wish to ask then I am happy to provide answers .. it is then up to you if you decide to accept those answers or to dismiss them .. the only thing I will say at this point is that you will never get all the namby pamby, airy fairy, love and light answers that I see pervading the internet these days .. I find them counter productive and to be honest gives much of spirituality and especially shamanism a very bad press ..

Respect, Goldie... :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 am 

Goldie wrote:

I can't agree with this, it doesn't correspond with my own experience or that of history. All 1st nation shamans I know of have tools and techniquest to avoid harm and remain safe whilst working in other realms, just look at the mirrors and bells on a Mongolian shaman's coat.

Those who work with untying curses will know exactly what I mean.

Many places 'over there' are safe, just as they are here but if we can remove an intrusion from a client we can also become the target of an intrusion as well. It is known that there are 3 major energy points on our backs which are prime targets for some beings and intrusions, hence the need to 'watch your back' when over there. Being able to journey to the other worlds is one thing, to come back safely, complete and without anything else hanging on (or anyone else tracking you) is quite another. Just because most people who try journeying are only taken to safe places to protect them does not mean that there are not areas which require way more care.

Being fearless is not so much the idea of shamanism as being able to moderate fear. Fear is a great way to keep us safe if we allow it to take the form of awareness and control.

I would say to trust your guide when journeying, trust they will keep you safe until such time that you are required to learn more and venture further.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism