Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Full moon commin up
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 pm 

What's a good thing to do during the full moon? Never been one for astrology but I know that the full moon's got some power behind it, so I'd like to know if anyone's got a good use for the bright night.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:14 pm 

I found this on a Wiccan site:

Full Moon energy is used for banishing unwanted influences in your life; protection magick; and divination. Planning, releasing, and working backwards in time are done on the full moon as well.

It is said theat the best Full Moon magick can be conjured for seven days: the three days prior to the Full Moon, the night of the Full Moon itself, and three days after the Full Moon. Sometimes the results of Full Moon magick can take aproximatel one moon cycle to take hold and come to completion.*

The Full Moon is the time to invoke the Mother Goddess at the height of her glory, this is when the ceremony called "Drawing Down the Moon" is performed. During this ceremony the energy and essence of the Full Moon is drawn into oneself, when done properly you will feel a heightened trance state combined with a power surge that radiates through your whole body. Traditionally this is only done within a protective circle.

The Mother is the ripeness of womanhood, the boiling pot of Badb which is the richness of life. Her color is red, the color of blood and the life force. The Mother is Summer, the day, lustiness, teacher, The Full Moon.**

Post subject: Re: Full moon commin up
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 am 

Dr.Iron wrote:
What's a good thing to do during the full moon? Never been one for astrology but I know that the full moon's got some power behind it, so I'd like to know if anyone's got a good use for the bright night.

All i know is that when the full moon comes around i usually enter a state of some level of mania

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:11 pm 

In our culture everything has a spirit in it that is in charge of that element. Like to us the moon, sun, trees, 4 corners of the earth, water, fire etc…lighting. We have a spirit name for all of them. Depending on your culture some of your shaman powers can lie within these elements. Mine is the moon and the sun. my powers lies within them and they help me in my journeys including all my other guides. I give thanks and acknowledge them b4 and after my journeys and trainings. That’s why my shaman powers are best at early in the morning or late in the evening, but when the moon is full, it draws the best trance focus to me because that is when she is most powerful when she is full. I use longer journeys during the full moon too.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:56 pm 

On both the full and new moons, it is the perfect time to hold ceremony for the energies that are moving.

On the new moon (black moon), this is the time of the ancestors, the growing and keeping of the knowledge and wisdoms. On the full moon (bright nights), this is the time of high celebration of the gifts and lessons learned between the time of the new and full moons.

I hold fire ceremony on each moon; fire being a transitional force. I give thanks and set intent for each coming phase, always being aware and grateful for this knowledge and responsibility that was given to me.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 pm 

i like the insight that Rachara El have on full moon

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism