Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Found a skull yesterday...
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:51 pm 

Hello :)

I was walking in behind my friends house, right near the woods, yesterday and found a skull. I'm not sure exactly what type of animal it is, I thought it was a deer skull but comparing it to another deer skull it looks a bit different... it definitely had horns, because it has two raised bumps on the top of the skull, I'm trying to identify it somehow. Anyways, I really want to boil and bleach it, and paint it. I wanted to ask people who might be more knowledgeable on this topic than myself: Is there anything I should do first to clear the skull, or to honor the animal spirit that used to live within it? I don't want to disrespect the animal spirit in any way. I don't know if I would be or not, or what to do in this type of situation. I've seen/felt human and animal spirits since I was a kid but its always terrified me and wasnt something I was willing to face until recently so I don't have much knowledge on this type of thing. What do you suggest I do, if anything? I also really, really want to find out what animal it was before I paint it, do you have any idea how I would go about figuring that out? Thanks! :)

Post subject: Re: Found a skull yesterday...
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:37 pm 

Well, I just found out that he was a male mule deer who likely just shed his antlers within the last few months. He was shot in the head with a 22 bullet. Poor boy. :(

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 am 

Tsk.Tsk.so sad. How did found out that it was male mule deer??

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:15 pm 

Since he was shot, you may want to journey and ask if the spirit of this animal is happy to work with humans? Just a thought.

If all or most of the flesh has gone you can go straight ahead and boil it but if there is quite a bit of flesh still left you may want to leave it out for nature to take care of. That way at least the bugs and birds get a meal.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism