Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Fear
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 pm 

When we are afraid of what we are, how can we become anything?
People are like diamonds, showing others facets of their lives. sometimes we are shattered and put on faces or facets people can accept and the risk then is to lose ourselves. If people could accept eachother even if they were different how would the world be?
I used to move things when angry, sometimes do alot of things in defence that I needed to do. It saved my life. I can change into a panther and fought it and was afraid of it. My cousin says we are from the star people and must not fear what we are or what we can do. But lead others to a better future of understanding and strength.

Post subject: Re: Fear
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:06 pm 

I can answer, in part, your question about us accepting one another as we are and how different the world is.

I am 40. Only in the past year have I found people who accept me as I am, without restriction.

Prior to meeting these people, I often found myself feeling trapped, confined, even flatly rejected by others who could not accept me as I am. I made a rather drastic choice of my own, early this year. I cut out all of those people. This included breaking off an engagement with a man I have loved for many years, and will likely continue to love.

This choice was necessary though. I could not be myself, which meant that I could not be accepted as I am. In turn, my own resistance to the demands of others meant that I was also trying to force them to accept things which they were not able; I was not accepting them as they are. In the moment I accepted this fact, everything began to change.

Now, I have friends who are accepted for who they are, and who accept me as well. I have begun to love someone as well, who not only accepts, but delights in me without exception. I am also freed by being able to accept others as they are. Even those I have broken from, my leaving was an act of love and acceptance. They are no longer tied to me and feeling frustration at me not being happy in my place with them. The space I filled has begun to be filled, for each of them, by those more suited to what they sought.

This is the world of acceptance, of self, and of others, and it is indeed a glorious and free place.

Post subject: Re: Fear
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:56 pm 

I can relate to the above very much actually. But if you are really an animist go talk the spirit of fear. It cannot be about avoiding fear but accepting it as natural, getting beyond irrational fears and situations that lead to an excess amount. But don't view it as 100% a bad thing, without the ability to sense fear we wouldn't be human.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism