Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Favorite destinations?
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:39 pm 

For me:
An endless plain somewhere in the Lower World that is covered in lush grass and bisected by streams too numerous to count under a night sky so rich in stars...
An Upper World rocky spring filled with water too pure too beautiful to put into words, abode of my inner teacher, a beautiful young woman wiser and all the old men of earth...
A warm black sea in perpetual night where I can effortlessly float forever it would seem listening to the music of waves lapping on the black sand beach..
A...Well how about you? Any favorite places you find yourself journeying back to over and over? Dennis

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:29 pm 

For me the lower world is a place of constant change. Except for one thing, my Grandmother... whcih is not a term I use with a fond smile or remembrance of days gone by. I love to go visit her, she is always full of amazing teachings in the form of the bluntest sarcasm I have ever heard. I love her cabin and the smell of her cooking. I am not allowed to eat anything, but everyone else is.

I love my starting place, my anchor. It has changed remarkably over the years. It used to be a small fire, then the fire got larger, then it had bricks around it that acted like televisions. Then one day (after about 12 years of the same starting place) my fire became a deep well. Then my well became the ocean.

I watched my starting place change as my own walk around the wheel changed. I had moved from South, the place of fire and many lesssons to West, the place of looking within (& without).

My sweet spot is the Great Void. It is so hard to return from there. It is, to me, as home as home could ever be.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism