Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: evil experiences
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:55 am 

http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/death/nde.aspx

^ what is your opinion on this article?

it seems to suggest that all light beings other than God are decievers.. kinda scary

blessings

linden

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am 

This is the reason I do not hang out with my old church crowd. They believe that all other spirits that are not God himself are trickery by satan. While I do believe there are "evil" spirits, I do not at all believe my power animal or spirits guides to be trickery or works of evil...That just offends me and my intelligence. I did not even read the whole article as I have heard this rant before from hardcore Christians/Catholics. I will not be changing my practice or forgetting what I have been taught because of some narrow minded viewpoints intended to sway people away from their path.
I recommend you take this article with a grain of salt, a very small grain of salt.

Peace, walkthepath

Post subject: Re: evil experiences
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:04 am 

It's all very contradictory because in the bible most ethereal being that appear are mostly in the form of light. Yet at the same time it is said that demons are also a form of light, such as lucifer.
so bit em, it don't matter.
I roll with the shadows anyway.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:45 pm 

Dr.Iron wrote:
It's all very contradictory because in the bible most ethereal being that appear are mostly in the form of light. Yet at the same time it is said that demons are also a form of light, such as lucifer.
so bit em, it don't matter.
I roll with the shadows anyway.

I like that!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:01 am 

Scaring people is of course a popular way to imprison their spirit in order to aggrandise oneself, or one's own worldview!

In a yinyang ["Law of Opposites"] universe, creating a totally benevolent God has to be balanced by creation of a totally malevolent "Antichrist" or "Satanic" demonic being or group of beings. It says in the book of Genesis that "God created man in his image", I think that the plethora of religions and spiritual paths "out there" shows that "Man also creates God in his own image[-ination]!"

There is a wonderfullly enlightening video about the origins and nature of Good and Evil in the world on this webpage: www.brothermichael.org.uk
["WHAT drives ordinary people down the path of EVIL or GOOD?
Would you electrocute a stranger? Are women less capable of evil than men? Do you have what it takes to be a hero - or a villain? Social Psychologist Philip Zimbardo has the answers!"]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 pm 

Well that's funny because God told me evil is just an idea people made up for things they don't like in a certain way.

Nothing is evil. Ain't no such thing.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:44 am 

In philosophy it's been stated, "Evil is anything born from weakness."
And my metals agree.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:31 pm 

I can't see the article.:(

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:59 pm 

"The NDE changes his life profoundly. He is not certain what the "being of light" meant by showing more love toward others, but he tries to be more affectionate and caring toward other people. This change of heart, however, does not make him significantly more aware of his own flaws and sinfulness. On the contrary, his sense of sin, as sin traditionally is defined, may depart completely after the NDE. He simply tries to be a "good person," avoids doing deliberate harm to others, and looks forward to the day when he dies and supposedly will meet the being of light again."

Well, since that is the essential message of Jesus, I guess we are in the clear.....

Seriously though, That website presents a very narrow-minded and fear-based view if divinity, which is contrary to the "I have come to set your free" message of Jesus. To promote a Jesus path that is fear-based and judgmental to the extreme that is expressed in that site is the ultimate blaspheming of Spirit.

But, as the adage goes... "Forgive them for they know not what they do"

Blessings

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:15 pm 

I did not even read the whole article as I have heard this rant before from hardcore Christians/Catholics. I will not be changing my practice or forgetting what I have been taught because of some narrow minded viewpoints intended to sway people away from their path.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 am 

It is difficult for a person to imagine how cruel and crafty the fallen spirits are, how tireless and inventive in their temptation of a man and in the sowing of every evil. But in this they are not able to arbitrarily cause evil to someone to the degree to which he is under the protection of the Almighty.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:39 pm 

Dr.Iron wrote:
In philosophy it's been stated, "Evil is anything born from weakness."
And my metals agree.

I also agree with this one. That's why we need to be strong at all times and do the right thing.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 pm 

I recommend you take this article with a grain of salt, a very small grain of salt.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism