Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Elemental links?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 am 

i've recently discovered that i have a pretty strong link with plants and plant life, In another thread i also mentioned how the full moon made me weird... so i figured i'd ask if anyone else has noticed connections to any elements and how?

I find plants to be peaceful and also very powerful, i mean where would we be without plants? they feed us, they recycle our air and i believe they recycle energy pretty well too. They usually tend to live longer than anything else on earth and they feed off everything then turn it into something new.

One could argue that animals do the same but the plants are the end of the line, they get everything and waste nothing. The moon on the other hand i have no idea what that does to me i'd like to be able to go on a spirit journey and ask the moon god or spirit to ask but that would probably not be a good idea...

I apologise for my ramblings and all of that but yes i would love to hear about others and how they feel the energies around them work and influence them. Smile

(for the record my brain is a little scrambled right now from a severe migraine i had the other day and has gone into hyper-drive which is probably making me over think things) :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 am 

Hello Hydrassas

I've always had a very strong link to stones. I could tell several very odd stories around me and stones, but I don't bother because they are just too off the beaten track...hmmm...well, maybe not for this forum but I think I'll just keep them to myself anyway. Years ago, it used to freak me out - not anymore.

My point here right now is that the moon is just "the big stone in the sky." Apparently, science tells us, it was created when a huge something-or-the-other slammed into to earth and threw large chunks of earth out into orbit around the earth which eventually came together as the moon. So, it's a piece of earth stone circling us.

There was a period in my life when I didn't need to ask if it was a full moon -I could feel it. In those days I lived in Greece, not Canada. I sometimes feel it here, but not as powerfully.

By all means, yes, journey to the spirit of the moon. Develop a relationship with it. Find out why it's calling out to you. Perhaps it will offer you some special protection or healing energies to use. Or maybe some other message - who knows?

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:54 am 

I've always had a strong connection to shadows and iron.

Not much else really.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 am 

Dr.Iron wrote:
I've always had a strong connection to shadows and iron.

Not much else really.

really? that's cool

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 am 

If you can, try to get hold of some Passiflora Incarnata,take it as a tea in the evenings and burn it as a smudge when you meditate or pray,American Maypop,or Passion flower has been used for this problem,this is a little off topic so I apologize but i think this will help you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:01 pm 

Anthony Bellah wrote:
If you can, try to get hold of some Passiflora Incarnata,take it as a tea in the evenings and burn it as a smudge when you meditate or pray,American Maypop,or Passion flower has been used for this problem,this is a little off topic so I apologize but i think this will help you.

i'm sorry but what is this in reference too?

Post subject: i used to collect rocks fossils and stones as a kid
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:34 pm 

i used to collect rocks fossils and stones of interest as a kid and still do when one resonates with me........my mom threw them away once and i dug most of them out of the garbage.......and after over 4 decades i still have some of them ......
i like the ocean and water element rain on a lazy day
bright sunny days at the beach and bon fires the fire element
wind and clouds.........all seasons in their time
and full moons esp eclipses have nice resonations with me as well......
and earth my mother who provides life for us to thrive keeps me healthy and well.........
the ancients knew what they were talking about and it's sad modern man is so detached from their natural surroundings and destroy pollut and disrespect the elements for material gain and profits............

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:35 am 

Your discomfort with the full moon.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:00 am 

i love the full moon :D

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism