Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Doubts?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:43 am 

ive made this topic because i know that alot of begginers have doubts please post them here and im sure someone will get back to you

This is a doubt i had when i began, i did not have this forum or anyone to talk to, so im sure your problems will be solved much faster.

when i began to take shamanism seriously i did not trust that the voices i heard in my head when i attempted to journey or communicate with plants i had allowed myself to beleive that they were just something i was just making up. but after a three month-ish period of meditating i saw throught the fog i had created with my wandering mind and learnt to tame it and probably more importantly gained in confidence. since then i have at least had some controll over my body during my journeys

StoneCrow
Please don't use this as a place to vent your anger on others that will do nothing to aid your situation.

Post subject: bad thoughts
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:20 am 

ok - I'll play :)

My father-in-law is dying of cancer. Before the diagnosis was confirmed, he agreed to let me work on him. I did an egg cleansing that revealed much - in fact the egg became "stuck" on various places all over his body.

Then, my husband told me that the diagnosis is confirmed: cancer of the lungs. The doctors were stunned at how aggressive it is, far more than they have ever seen. And I heard - or thought I heard - the accusation that I caused this in my husband's voice.

And it made me doubt that I should be doing this kind of work at all.

Not much time has passed since this happened. But I realize I am not the source of the cancer, nor did I trigger the advance. I cannot cure this disease, but I have healed my father-in-law's being so that he can now deal with the cancer and sees the value in what time he has left.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:32 pm 

How would one go about controlling their own thoughts and emotions better in order to be a better Shaman and Healer? I have dealt with this issue for some time and still struggle with it. Sometimes I have a hard time deciphering what is my ego and what is spirit.....How can you more easily tell the two apart.

Thank You,

KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:57 am 

Hi Kodiak,

Ego/id me is the guy who goes to work, does the dishes, feeds the cats, frets, has dinner with friends, gets irritated by the various levels of thoughtlessness around him, worries about his his health and money and whatever else needs to be worried about, cuddles up to his wife - and etc - you get the picture, I think.

Ego me is always astonished by what spirit works through me. The synchronocites of working with others astonish ego me. When someone says, "But how did you know that?" ego me knows spirit has been at work again. When someone looks at me with astonishment and say "But how did you do that?" ego me knows that it didn't do it, spirit did.

On a subtler level, over the years and years of listening to all the voices in me, I have learned to distinguish the ones that belong to ego me and spirit. Ego me chatters and worries about others I love ( don't love) or about what I need to do now/next, or need to become, or might become if I don't "do it right", or about what happened yesterday that I didn't like or whatever. Spirit doesn't speak in that voice - spirit guides me gently to a place where a stone speaks to me of its willingness to be part of a healing ceremony. Spirit opens my ears to hear the message "that bird over there" is trying to give me. Spirit connects me to the universe around me when ego me finally shuts up. The drum helps ego me to shut up.

When ego me finally shuts up, spirit can do its work of connecting me to the universe, of healing me and others, and of astonishing little ego me.

Notice that I don't talk about "spirit me." I have my guiding spirits of course, but they are not ego me. They are manifestations of the pure energy of the universe. Spirit is the pure energy/consciousness of the universe using my consciousness/body as a focusing prism to effect its work guided to some extent by my intention.

Hope that makes some sense to you. It's more or less my understanding of the difference as of today. Others no doubt have other ways of expressing the difference - and that is the way it should be.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:07 pm 

Chris,
A lot of what you wrote about does in fact make a lot of sense to me. When I have done healing/energy work I always know to check my ego at the door and not be arrogant and think that all this magnificent insight and power comes directly from me, it is spirit. I guess I have a problem with my ego mostly in the sense that my mind creates much doom and gloom in my life and not abundance and gratitude. Right now I work two jobs that I am not to fond of and would rather be doing healing work any day of the week if I could. My guides tell me to be patient and that things are about to change but for now I have a hard time seeing the light of it all and seem to visualize chaos....thank god my guides are protecting me otherwise I would be ending up in some really scary situations. I am sure that it has to do with the fact that I always ask for protection when my mind goes down the path of darkness and conjures up some really nasty images. I guess I just have too much idle time alone to create such nightmares in my head. For now I thank my guides for protecting me and watching over me.

Thank you,
Kodiak

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:23 am 

Hi Kodiak,

Yes, I too know about those "paths of darkness and really nasty images" - way too well. But I also know that if I didn't know "way too well" about those things, it would not be possible for spirit to do its work through me. I have concluded that for myself, these paths of darkness and nasty images are part of the training program. When I work with clients, really nasty images are often right on the top where the work starts. If they frightened ego me, then spirit would not be able to do what it needs to do to effect healing. To do depth shamanic healing work for others means we need to be able to look fear and death in the eye and be stronger than they are - and still maintain a healthy respect for them. Staring down our own nasty images - ie working with ourselves straight to the bottom of our muddy swampy stinky little souls - is of the essence in shamanic work. Coming to grips with our own death, discovering and coming to grips with every little nasty neurosis/fear in our own psyche - well, it's part of the shamanic path for those destined to be healers - at least I think so. And I don't think the process ever stops, no matter how long we do the work. It's my hard harsh unadorned truth - and again others may well disagree - and that is as it should be.

I hope and pray that these words, harsh though they are, are in some way healing for you.

with deepest respect

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:26 pm 

FUCKING HELL

three hours ago i took majic mushrooms.

i took them in a sacred way the best i could, i may have just had a life changing trip

every thing about me was stripped away untill i became a sound wave walking the hills of wales .not me

it was awesome i learnt many sacred songs and alot about sound bassically
i would not suggest taking hallucinagenics but i would suggest you seriously think about it, coz in a shamanic setting they will tear your fake realities to shreds. no more Doubts for me.none at all

StoneCrow...
stop dreamin and start flying

[this may not make much sense because i was just on majic mushrooms]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:54 pm 

Stone Crow,
It's all part of your path as a Shaman, not for everyone but at least you can say that you did it and learned from it. One must be free of doubts and fears in order to be on such a path, it was a blessing for you I feel.
.....Perhaps healing with sound maybe what the spirits were trying to show you on your journey.

KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:50 pm 

Stonecrow, it's awesome that the spirit of the mushrooms gave you such a vivid message. Only you know what the exsperiance ment to you. Hope you grow from this!! Awesome, Alot of people put down this type of journeying. But I feel if it's done in a traditional ceremony and your intentions are spiritual than it can open your spirit up for awesome changes. Thanks for sharing. Jim

Post subject: My Doubt
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:36 pm 

The thing I find difficult, I have a strong pulling towards this, like, it's something I want to do, really, but something I have is a little bit of.. fear, if you will.

I'm slightly scared of what could possibly happen.

I don't know why, I just am. Anyone else felt like that before?

-PoeticAnthem

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:10 pm 

Hello PoeticAnthem, Growing up before I became spiritual I was scared concerning magic mushrooms, peyote, etc. All my friends were useing thesewhat I thought back than DRUGS. And they use to bug me to take some and I always refused, Over the years I meet some people from the huichols tribe from mexico. And I have developed some strong friendships with a few Shamans (huichol). The huichols are known as peyote people. To this day they still practice the same ceremony's that started from the beginning of there culture. I was very curious and learned alot about the peyote ceremony and when the GREAT SPIRIT finally kick me in the but and woke me up and started me on my Spiritual path I wanted to exsperiance this wonderful healing balanceing ceremony and only in a traditional way. There is one thing I know and that is if you have any fear or if your scared do not try or take part in any of these ceremonys. There is nothing to fear in these wonderful ceremonys they have changed my life and showed me some of my deepest awakinings. So there you go there is nothing to fear and when or if you lose the fear and you can trust than try it! Many Blessigs Jim Cleveland

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:41 pm 

How do I get over my fear? my doubts?

These hinderances in my life wont make it any easier. If I have some threshold on life, and know how to get by my fear, I can make it. I know I can.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:16 am 

kodiak wrote:
How would one go about controlling their own thoughts and emotions better in order to be a better Shaman and Healer? I have dealt with this issue for some time and still struggle with it. Sometimes I have a hard time deciphering what is my ego and what is spirit.....How can you more easily tell the two apart.

Thank You,

KODIAK

Peace be upon you, Kodiak.
In my philosophy, there are 7 Aspects;
1-Mind
2-Emotion
3-Form or Body
4-Society
5-Spirit
6-Universe or Identity
7-Harmony, or disharmony in some cases.
The Mind has limbs; The Taproot, the Subconscious, the Conscious Mind,
the Ego and the Conscience. The Spirit enters the Mind, manifesting in 7-fold, through the Taproot of the Mind. Then it flows through the Mind and
vitalizes it and gives it life.
Controling one's thoughts may often call for patience with one's Mind. One
must be content with everything, and first one must learn how to submit to
the Supreme Being by remembering how the Supreme Being does things with
the best wisdom. Then, learn to let your thoughts come and go as they wish.
Sometimes, controling your thoughts is easier than not controling them be-
cause we are often unable to let our thoughts be things we may not like, this
meaning that we are not content. To control your thoughts, first you must posess them and submit to the Supreme Being. Then posess them for awhile, and you will have conquered them. To discipline your thoughts, be patient, and focus your thoughts on one subject at a time. If they go astray,
patiently refocus them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:22 pm 

PoeticAnthem:
Quote:
How do I get over my fear? my doubts?

These hinderances in my life wont make it any easier. If I have some threshold on life, and know how to get by my fear, I can make it. I know I can.

Hello PoeticAnthem

Love is like a glass of water. When you pour water into the glass some stop a few centremetres from the top "fearing" anymore will spill over. There is the gap at the top where there is no water... ie a lack of love.... and that gap could be labeled "fear". Fear that the cup will spill over. When you fill the cup to the top and just a little more it balloons up higher than the cup and still it does not spill. This is love complete and fear has no place in an overful cup. So.....if you go another step forward and overfill the cup and it spills on the bench and floor...so what..? Wipe it up, or leave it there... it matters not. The fun part is trying to pick up the cup without spilling even more...... SO.... the answer be like a child and go to the cup and slurp it as it sits on the bench. be a kid and laugh at the silliness and where you find laughter and fun doubt and fear either laugh with you or vanish completly.
It is a simple cure.... that many will laugh at and through fear and doubt... not even try...... SO where is your fear and doubt?..... Do you have a cup and a jug of water nearby? Just do it... :)

With respect
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:55 pm 

great analogy, enocheye

and I spill my tea every morning!
HA!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism