Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:15 pm 

Hi Rachara El

Hope you dont mind me asking, what is an egg cleansing and how do you do one?

The doubts I have are knowing the difference between what is me and what is Spirit. I also worry if I am doing things correctly and as they should be done.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:49 pm 

an egg cleansing is a form of extraction: a way to pull extremely heavy energy out of your light and physical bodies to initiate healing.

Unfortunately, you cannot do this to yourself, as it requires total concentration by the shaman to call these energies out, and puts the person being healed in an extreme state of calm and peace. It would be like trying to set your own broken arm while being sedated. Not a good idea.

The doubts you have are the constant struggle between ego and Spirit. Spirit doesn't have the issue - ego does. So doubt comes into play. We all have this - but keep trying. Once the ego realizes it will not be lost, the struggle ceases.

You should do your best to do things correctly. But do not worry or obsess over that to the point where you can do nothing. The best way to make certain you are doing things correctly is to practice. Sit and review what you want to do - plan it all out. You can even write it all out. Then when time comes to do the work, use your notes - there's no rule that you cannot. I do. Some of the work I do is extremely complicated. And it MUST be done correctly. There are consequences if not. You can severely hurt or damage someone or even yourself if you do not do your best.

Intention is NOT enough. You must have right action as well. Then it is complete.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 am 

Thsnk Rachara El

I have brought myself a note book so I can write things down and I do find it helps me.

And yes I agree intention is not enough. I do feel more confident and at ease with my work when I back up my intention with appropriate action. I hear people all the time say 'as long as the intent is there' as if thats all they need. But I personally feel I need that action as well.

Shadow Wolf

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 am 

shadow wolf Wrote:
Quote:
The doubts I have are knowing the difference between what is me and what is Spirit. I also worry if I am doing things correctly and as they should be done.

Might I just add a little comment....

When you are feeling confident and sure you are on the correct path and everything flows nicely for you, you can be sure you are "in the river.....the blood stream of yourself....." So that is your spirit flowing inside of you...

When you are feeling confused and doubtful that is the human side of you in the "real world" of self created fear and there is where you build a wall to block yourself from progressing and pace the floor wondering why you can't pass it.

Recognise the wall as "WALL OF FEAR AND DOUBT" and step through it like it is a smoke screen.... there you will find the flowing river again and be the spirited spirit of confidence.

With respect
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:04 am 

beautifully said, enocheye.

Spirit flows with a purity of effort that seems almost effortless. That is because YOU are not "doing it" but the energy itself is. It's a little beyond comprehension, and I do not have the words to describe it. But you will know when you are there.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm 

Thank you enocheye and Rachara El.

I found your words to be uplifting and gives me something to aspire to in my work. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:14 pm 

Our physical selves are the vessels through which Spirit works. When our human personality/egos come into play, with the imbalances they tend to harbor, we lose our ability to be good vessels for the energies. When we say "I" did this, we've missed the boat! As soon as we claim the energy, we lose it.

Crowtalker

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:53 am 

This is a great topic.

I too have wondered at times, 'Am I making this stuff up in my own head? Is this really from the spirit world, or just my own subconscious?' It almost gets down to that ultimate question of our own mortality---or immortality. In my own case, as early as a teenager, I could easily explain life away as mere biochemical reactions in an organic structure that has been shaped by evolution. Even our own connection to the spirit world could be explained away by an amazing trick created by the evolution of our minds in order to induce a survival instinct. When the organic structure becomes too weak, or dysfunctional, the fuel----oxygen, nutrients, life chemicals-----stops flowing and the biochemical reactions cease, till we are just an empty dead piece of meat.

Even after I found a shamanic connection to the spirit world, these questions lingered. There would be amazing synchronicities----or were they just coincidences. Even synchronicities that were clearly beyond coincidence----but the logical side of me still had some doubts.

There is a hill behind my house in the town of Arvada, Colorado---Hackberry Hill, named after the only Hackberry Tree that grew for hundreds of miles in any direction. Long ago a medicine man chose that hill to die on, and a Hackberry seed in his medicine pouch sprouted. The tree was chopped down in the 1950's, either by teenage vandals, or by the road crew who needed the tree removed to the opposition of the locals (they blamed it on teenagers). The city of Arvada has grown up around it, and in recent years a fundamentalist christian church bought the top of the hill, and dug the top of it out to build a parking lot.

Late one night, 4 or 5 years ago, I parked up on top of the hill during a major electrical storm. I wanted to just watch the lightning strikes around the city. The parking lot covered only a small portion of the hill, and the rest was just a vacant field near the church. Suddenly I had a strong urge of what I had to do------I had to make a medicine wheel to honor the medicine man who had chosen this hill to pass away on. I didn't want anything in return----I just felt that he needed to be honored.

The next clear night I returned and set up a medicine wheel aligned with the North Star. I offered corn meal to the 4 directions and mother earth and father sky, to my own spirit helper, and to the elder who had died there. I sat and promised the elder that I would do my best to maintain the medicine wheel, and that it was for him. And that I would retrn the following weekend and drum for him.

The next Weekend came, and coincidentally was a full moonlit night. I walked carefully to the medicine wheel, looking on the ground for each and every footstep, as I didn't want to fall and soil my drum. Once I reached the medicine wheel I again offered corn meal, sat down and began drumming for the medicine man. I chose not to journey, just to sit and provide him company.

When I was done, I walked around the medicine wheel, and when I finished, a thought went through my head, "If I had done good here, there would be a synchronicity." I then turned my head towards the direction I had approached the wheel from, and my eyes went straight down to something black on the ground-----right where I had stepped carefully watching the ground earlier. It was a couple of feet away so I reached down and picked it up-----An animal tail! I couldn't believe it-----I know for a fact that it was not there earlier. It had appeared out of nowhere, nothingness.

I rushed home where I could see it better---it was fresh, not bleeding, but the base was red and wet with fresh blood. The hair that had been attached to the body was still there stuck at the base of the tail, so it had been chopped with something true and sharp. It was squirrel.

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with it----but I knew it was a gift. At first I was afraid it would smell----but it smelled more like incense than a dead animal, it never did smell bad. I still have it----hanging from my drumstick.

I know that this was more than a gift, more than a thank you. It was proof that I can never deny the power and reality of the spirit world. If I ever doubt any aspect of my spiritual connections, I merely have to look at that tail. The medicine wheel is still there today, even though it is not hidden, I would think that even kids on there way to the nearby high school could easily see it. But the field is still untouched. No one has ever vandalized it, the church has never bothered it. I occaisionally add rocks or pull rocks out as they settle into the soil. And it still provides me with occaisional reminders of its spirituality---synchronicities. Sometimes small things----my son found a coin from the 1800's next to it one afternoon. Last weekend, I found 2 pieces of elk scat next to the eastern spoke of the wheel, just outside its border----how I don't know----I am atleast 15 - 20 miles east of the mountains, with mostly city in between, and I have never heard of any elk sightings in this area. And why just 2 pieces----elk generally put out a pile of scat...?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:56 am 

I have been offered the translation to your question.

Two pieces = To Peace is (in the direction at which you found the elk scat).

With much respect to you and your guide.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:58 am 

Also I have been told that the tail on your drum, is to tell the "tale/story" THROUGH your drum. You have done well to place it on the drum.

With respect
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:26 pm 

I've learned alot from this awsome topic!!!! Thank all of you!!!!! JIM

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:04 pm 

yes I to have learnt a lot. thank you everyone

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:15 am 

Thank you Enocheye. I hadn't thought of either of those signs in that way. Well, it made a lot of sense to put the tail on the drumstick in that way----so I didn't think of it exactly that way, but I came to a similar conclusion on what to do with the tail. To peace-----the different directions of the medicine wheel have numerous meanings and symbols. But primarily, the Eastern side of the medicine wheel is the spiritual side.

Post subject: I've had doubts
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:21 pm 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the same me in this body as was here before, or did my body switch spirits during the initiation, which I later learned some call "shamanic death". I can access the memories from before, but are they my memories or artifacts of a previous one who lived in this body?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really sleeping and this world could be gone at any moment if the real me woke up. I don't know what is "real" anymore. I decided near the beginning to act as if it is real and, right or wrong, let it be as I see. I had to confront the realization that my empiracism is a matter of faith.

Sometimes I wonder if a spirit is tricking me. I've been tricked by them before, and it can be funny.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism