Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Declaration of War Against Exploiters of Lakota Spirituality
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:19 pm 

http://puffin.creighton.edu/lakota/war.html
I am not sure if you are aware of this. however I would like to discuss it with interested people in here.

Post subject: Re: Declaration of War Against Exploiters of Lakota Spiritua
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:36 pm 

Hi myusername,

May I ask if you are Lakota?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 pm 

wildcard wrote:
Hi myusername,

May I ask if you are Lakota?

Sure :)

I am not Lakota but the things I know about Native Americans are from Lakota tribe. because I knew a couple that was adopted by a Lakota Native American here .

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:35 pm 

It is not a new thing, that indiands do not appriciate abuse, thievery of their traditions. They have right and duty to protect, what they hold sacred.

Wisdom is not meant be kept secret. Neither is there any use to throw your most valuable diamonds for pigs.

If people are lost their connection to Earth and themselves, and finding ways to feel whole again, there is no need to abuse every tradition. Being whole and connected is not a matter of intellectual learning or doing seremonies of natives. It is a matter of Heart and Trust. What a person needs to develop understanding?

A hippie way of life? Smoking weed and singing peace songs?
To play newage neoshaman role, trying to find a native teacher, who takes your money and teaches how to pearce your skin, rip your flesh for a offering to father Sun?
Get religious and pray for mercy in sunday mass in local church?

What I mean is, that wisdom can be found anywhere or nowhere. It is always present in every moment. There is no need to go anywhere, where you are. If you are connected, you can do what shamans do. Ask spirits, how a person could develop himself further.

In a way I do understand people do need something to begin with. If Lakota spirituality is, where to they do have a calling, I thinks its fine. Doing things from heart and calling is not abuse, but following your lifeplan.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:34 am 

I personally think dabbling in traditions you aren't born into is dangerous and stupid.

I also happen to think that Michael Harner is dangerous and stupid. Possibly a liar.

The people in many African cultures feared the various medicine men, scattering their fetishes in the forest away from the village when the man died, ect.

Who says the Lakota spirits want to help a non-Lakota person? What's to say they don't want you off the continent as badly as the Lakota do?

This is not Mickey Mouse playing with a magic hat. This is you, and the one soul you have, putting it out there for faceless spirits to tamper with. No thank you.

[EDIT] This also isn't Jesus from heaven and his cherubim pals coming down to help the humans. Why should they help you?

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism