Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 pm 

I belive I am going to fit in here quite nicely :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm 

There is an old story about Sesiphos the "sizling-hissing mooded" founder and first king of Korinthos (the city of the flower head). He was a seer and very crafty. He saw from the top of the Acrokorinthos, Zeus taking away Aegina, the little she-goat, the daughter of Asopos, the eyeless river god.
Now Asopos came to Korinthos, in search for his daughter. Sesiphos, who knew what had happened didn't tell him a word, until Asopos sprung a spring from the high rockface of the Acrokorinthos (a sacred high place formelly devoid of humidity and generation). In exchange for this water gift, Sesiphos told him what he had seen. For this deed the wrath of the gods fell upon him and Zeus sent death against him. But he saw him comming as well.. and so he tied him. The story of how death was tied has been lost, like so much else, to the christians burning, however it is known that death was tied tightly. Nowone died from then on upon the mortal plain.. until Ares, the war god, freed death from his bonds and gave Sesiphos to him.
But the crafty seer requested a last favor and was granted it, to see for a last time his queen and wife Merope (the day-eyed). He told her not to offer anything anymore to the rulers of the dead. And so the rulers started to wonder when they were no longer offered the blood and flesh of the sacrifice. And Sesiphos, with crafty words, convinced Persephony, the queen of the lowerworld, to free him, that the blood and flesh may flow again.
And so Sesiphos said fare well to the dead and to Zagreas too and to all the secrets of the lowerworld..
But Sesiphos eventually grew old and could not escape the mortal fate.
He can be seen in the lowerworld forever in toil, pushing a rock uphill towards the sky. And a little before he reaches the top of the hill the rock rolls down again to where he started (as he is reborn into another body). And so is the fate and toil of he who wishes to take a rock to the sky..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:45 pm 

Walking on their helmets his eyes saw into their hearts. Thus seeing their path .

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 pm 

To answer your question I would advice to read to read the full collection of books by Castaneda. There are plenty techniques and guides written there to get you going. It's a most difficult path, but then again every path is just a path, they all lead to the same. So better pick a path with a heart. In order to follow the knowledge of Castaneda one has to be very patience. The first couple of years you might ask yourself frequently what it is you're doing. But if you go beyond that, if you go further then some magic will happen. I'm also a follower of the knowledge of Castaneda for over 15 years. And I'm glad I made the decision. I started with the dreaming techniques. And after two years of trying to become aware in my dreams I finally did it. Now it's has become second nature. Not that I learned everything there is about dreaming, I have still more than a lifetime to learn. I'm now at a stage where it is sometimes difficult for me where I am. Am I in a dreaming state or am I awake? This comes when you're an experienced dreamer and gained some inner silence in waking state. So I get confused sometimes and I have to do reality checks. But then again how do you check reality? :) I'm also a dedicated Tensegrity practitioner. This system of body movements literally changed my life. I'm much more aware of myself and of my surroundings then I was before. To be a warrior is nothing more than a sort of "mood" one has to acquire. This "mood" come with living an impeccable life. I once wrote an article with a long list of quotes from the book of Castaneda. They really reflect the Warriors Mood. I think it would be interesting for you to read them. You can find them here: The Warrior Quotes

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:48 pm 

ojibway wrote:
There is one thing that has remained constant with humans, and that is death. All religions, shamanic included embrace death as ascension. True ascension cannot be obtained through death of the body. The body nurtures the soul through life, it is what provides the soul the means to grow. If the body dies the growth of the soul ceases, ascension cannot be obtained. This is the kingdom of god, the kingdom of death. The body is "required" for spiritual growth. This goes against eveyrthing we have been taught, and it is for this reason, I believe it to be true. It goes against the kingdom of he who demands to called god.

If what you say about death is true, then what is the point to life. Why not just commit suicide to get on with the glory you embrace in death.

How do you know the" body nurtures the soul"? Cannot the soul nurture the body, and feed it as it grows...........until death? Which then releases the soul (spirit) back to the ethers where we are very busy. He who demands to be called God, is in each of us. The "spark of life". the "essence of us", the very soul of which you speak, of which I speak..............but prefer to call it Spirit.

You can meet your soul, essence, spirit if you try. It may take practice, but definitely can be done. When you do meet it," your higher self" or "soul", you will better understand, that this lowly body can't do much nurturing to such an elevated being!! Then you will understand you are in the presence of God, endlessly. Or Spirit as I say.

The words really don't matter. I believe He/She was/is called many things from our creation until this time...........and imho it is in the believing or the seeking of truth, that brings your personal peace. And the allowing of all other's to do the same................

And our Spiritual Essence knows them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As an asside, the soul doesn't cease with the death of the body. With Grace and Dignity and Sheer Joy it is happy to be back in it's natural etheric state, with your God and all the spiritual beings of this universe and others.

The point to life is the striving! Each life we live(or not) brings us closer to perfection. Your God is living through you!! That's why not suicide! Would you want to end your own God!? (IMHO that is not the end. Nor is there glory in death. It's just a page being turned. A season passing. If there is glory it is in how the life was lived, and how the life loved, and was loved in return.)

I hope I have not offended.............I leave you with Peace and Love,
Bobbie

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 pm 

bobbieann55 wrote:
How do you know the" body nurtures the soul"? Cannot the soul nurture the body, and feed it as it grows...........until death? Which then releases the soul (spirit) back to the ethers where we are very busy. He who demands to be called God, is in each of us. The "spark of life". the "essence of us", the very soul of which you speak, of which I speak..............but prefer to call it Spirit.

If death is a step backwards, to our beginning, then life must be a step forward. With each death and re-birth we are stuck in a cycle "of death". I have been researching the ancient peoples, shamanism, all this 2012 stuff and ascension. Through all of this research I have noticed alot of..."irregularities", death is an irregularity. We are far to placid with death, we accept it as part of life, it is part of the glory behind religion and shamanism, and this is just wrong. I do not expect you to believe this, most people want to accept death and they prepare for it. I am preparing for something else, life, I want to take my "body and soul" to what ever is beyond this existence. It has been said that humans once enjoyed a golden age. An age where humans had long lives, free of disease, an age were one could take the body "and" the soul past this existence, if they so chose. Then something happened, we lost our knowledge of this time, and we were embedded into a cycle of death and re-birth, and this is where we are now, stuck, forbidden from this lost knowledge. There must be something more, there must be, but most people will not seek it out, so someone must walk the path that no one else will. Some, if not most people would say that that is a waste of life. To try and obtain something that cannot be obtained, but what if it can, what if all of you are wrong, and I am right.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism