Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Community as a problem
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:11 am 

When reading at forum lately, it was seen, that surrounding community have brought much problems. I quess, it can be seen as party of testing, whether or not a person is ready for the way ahead. Is the person strong enough to do what he wants or merely a puppet of controlling and manipulating forces of surrounding community. What is not needed can be left behind. People do not need much. A bit of sacrifice and giving up here and there, and soon people would feel more free than ever.

It is useless fight to try get others to back you up and just a sign of how weak a person's self confidence really is.

Post subject: Re: Community as a problem
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:32 pm 

While I can definitely see your point, an ascetic lifestyle isn't for everyone. Besides, this same topic comes up every year about the time school starts. I think its an expression of modern social anxiety and how the individual never really feels they fit in.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 am 

Where all this anxiety comes from? I think it is always been there, but what has happened lately, all these school shootings and so on? What has changed so, that, when feeling bad people start to kill others?

Here is "good" tradition of suicides. Person most often took his own life, when it seemed there was no other way out. Also our climate leads easily to deppression.

Is it now somehow community's fault if a person is left behind and then he's hatred turns against community? Is this the result of nations formed by individuals without the feeling of belonging? How much there is hidden frustration beneath surface?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:48 am 

Eagles fly alone.The higher you fly, the thinner the air gets.Fewer and fewer birds survive.Flying high is for the strongest spirits.We cannot expect everyone to be strong.The pressure of society and community to conform is intense.The world has gone in a material direction.Many shamans live in societies that do not support, or totally reject shamans.Many shamans have compromised their values in the struggle to survive and have consequently lost their powers.
The shaman is considered a threat by many established authorities.If the shaman empowers the members of a community,they would no longer want to go to church.Maybe they wouldn`t want to pay taxes to a government that wastes them.A shaman could trigger revolution.You see,a true shaman does not accept human authorities.Automatically,the bright light of a strong shaman triggers opposition in those who have vested interest in keeping the status quo in society.You see?Nations rise and nations fall.They fall due to corruption.We make contracts with certain people.We make them our leaders.When they fail,if we follow them,we too fail.And so the story goes...I am in this world, but not of this world.The Sage.[You can find my blog on Google:OracleDreamHealer.com]

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 am 

Well, yes thats the history and it is not only churches power hungry, which turned communities againts shamans. Before that shamans do not were automatically honoured members of tribe. Customs were cultural, local and individual. Even then there was fear for the black arts and harmful things shamans were believed to be capable of. Sometimes shamans lived at the borders or outside communnities.

But even then there is no excuses to neglect the responsibilities of the work.

When there is this increased level of insecurity, fear, violence, greed, human and natural disasters shamans are indeed needed. Not only at healingwork, but as guides also to provide people means to feel safe, secure and showing the way into harmonious tomorrow.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 pm 

No man is an island.Some shamans have to deal not only with the opposition of the church and other established powerful institutions
in their communities,but also with opposition from their own peer group.
Shamans are by no means a united group that protects and supports it`s individual members.For example,the shamans in my own city, do not collaborate with one another.Each one is to himself,helping their own small circle.I agree with you that now,more than ever,society needs the shaman.However,I must ask you the question:what is the responsibility of a shaman to a community that gives him/her no support?
I don`t believe that the shaman should sacrifice himself.If the shaman is taken for granted or is not appreciated by the community,then the shaman no longer has responsibility to that community and he or she must retreat.
That this is happening is a great loss to society.But, the shaman can just shift his focus to another world and to his/hers own development.
OracleDreamHealer.com,on Google.

Last edited by oracledreamhealer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:10 am 

Well, yes there can be no responsibilities of the work, if there is no work. My statement was clearly too simplified.

If nobody is coming to ask healing, then what is the point? Good question.

There are retreated shamans, who instead of healing arts formed new career as an fulltime artist, painter or just something else. And maybe touched world broader way than at earlier career.

I do agree this, there is no sense banging head on the wall. Doing it a bit too much... And it seems, I am also at the point leaving healing work behind, cause the work do not sustain me.

Maybe all the struggle and change is a way of evolving, to find new ways at being the link between spiritual and material realms.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 pm 

Nice to know that you understand me.If the shaman does not get proper respect in society,the shaman cannot function as a healer.I have been told by the spirits that it is better to let my people be sick at this time.They must learn the hard way the value of spirituality.Some of them ask for healing,but they want it for free.Most of them just want to feed on the shaman`s energy.I have retreated to writing for the time being.If the people do not want change,they have to be left alone.If they choose ignorance,we must let them be.And so, I say goodbye to those who do not love me. Shamans,what do you love most?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:20 am 

All the butterflies have gone.
Shaman's bag is empty.
Is he not needed anymore?

Words one friend sent me once, which she saw in a vision or dream.

When all are gone away and nobody is coming for healing, there is nothing to give, bag is empty. But need may come again and butterflies come back.

Post subject: Look it
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:11 pm 

Certainly. It was and with me.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:49 am 

While I can definitely see your point, an ascetic lifestyle isn't for everyone. Besides, this same topic comes up every year about the time school starts. I think its an expression of modern social anxiety and how the individual never really feels they fit in.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:25 pm 

The need for shamans is not gone.There is greater need than ever for shamans!But society no longer believes in shamanism.If the people have fallen very low,they no longer believe in magic and spirit.They say:Who do you think you are?Are you Santa?Are you the Tooth Fairy?Ha-Ha-Ha!The shaman does not want to live on the edge of society.The shaman does not want to be deprived of the comforts of society.But he may be forced to.
Dear shaman-if no one asks for your healing and knowledge,does it change who you are?You don`t stop being a shaman.While your bag may be empty, your spirit may remain full.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:26 pm 

It is very sad that we, humanity, has moved away from the spiritual. I know people are saying that there is an awaking coming. A spiritual one. This may very well be true but I see day to day people do not want anything to do with the spiritual side.

I believe that main stream medicine with their backers the pharmaceutical companies have played a very big part in this. Look at the talk in Europe of banning herbal medicines. The big pharmaceutical companies are behind this. They do not want to miss out on our money.

We no longer look for the reason we get sick. We not longer want a cure. We are brain washed into taking a tablet that will help us. This makes us only think on the physical level. Not the spiritual.

Thankful there are those of us who do see the need for healers. Healers who can help body, mind and spirit. We may be a small group world wide but we need to be there for those that turn main stream medicines.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:28 pm 

oracledreamhealer wrote:
Dear shaman-if no one asks for your healing and knowledge,does it change who you are?You don`t stop being a shaman.While your bag may be empty, your spirit may remain full.

What an amazing quote. Thank you. May is use this please???

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:23 am 

oracledreamhealer wrote:
The world has gone in a material direction.

The spiritual and material are NOT opposing sides of a dichotomy. They harmonize beautifully together and do not get in each other's way.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism