Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Re: Community as a problem
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:26 am 

Jusma wrote:
Well, yes thats the history and it is not only churches power hungry, which turned communities againts shamans.

It is not simply that the church is power hungry. They really believe shamans are evil and of the devil. The Bible forbids talking to spirits. It is a sacred duty for them.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:31 am 

future wrote:
The big pharmaceutical companies are behind this.

I keep trying to tell all of you, there is a group of spirits behind this. They back pharma and many other things.

Why are you all deaf to me?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:23 am 

resonantD wrote:
Jusma wrote:
Well, yes thats the history and it is not only churches power hungry, which turned communities againts shamans.

It is not simply that the church is power hungry. They really believe shamans are evil and of the devil. The Bible forbids talking to spirits. It is a sacred duty for them.

Having come from a Fundie Christain background i have found talking with spirits no different than that with angels. I would of course not tell this to the fundie Christians as i am sure they would want to tie me to a stake and set me on fire.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:09 am 

Oh,what a fool I am!
To love a world that
does not love me.
I love you all. Regardless.

p.s.:The Hierarchy is behind this.All the hierarchies of our world.In the times,when the Goddess ruled the world,there were no hierarchies and no submission to authority.The world was peaceful, then.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:48 pm 

Jusma wrote:
When reading at forum lately, it was seen, that surrounding community have brought much problems. I quess, it can be seen as party of testing, whether or not a person is ready for the way ahead. Is the person strong enough to do what he wants or merely a puppet of controlling and manipulating forces of surrounding community. What is not needed can be left behind. People do not need much. A bit of sacrifice and giving up here and there, and soon people would feel more free than ever.

It is useless fight to try get others to back you up and just a sign of how weak a person's self confidence really is.

That resonates with me. I personally stay away from the community. From time to time I go to the shamans up in the mountains and go through some of the rituals and drumming and we have a good time, but as soon as they start telling me how it should be or what my calling is and how I should be doing this thing and that, then I leave and don't go back for a long time. I have found that I am pretty much on my own in this path. Yes, shamanism can be a lonely path.
The last time that I was involved with a shamanistic community I was charmed into believing certain things that wouldn't have helped me anyway. One of the shamans said I had a powerful wizardry spirit. I almost laughed uncontrollably. Then someone said that I had powerful magic. Again, I felt like laughing.
I have found that on the shamanic path, anyone that tries to use hypnotic or seductive words is probably lying or wanting something from you.
I have also found that those that don't have a following usually have the most powerful magic of all.
I think humble shamans found their power in being out in the woods and hanging out with the spirits. That's where the true power is.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:01 am 

cool story bro

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:19 am 

Clay99 wrote:
The last time that I was involved with a shamanistic community I was charmed into believing certain things that wouldn't have helped me anyway. One of the shamans said I had a powerful wizardry spirit. I almost laughed uncontrollably. Then someone said that I had powerful magic. Again, I felt like laughing.
I have found that on the shamanic path, anyone that tries to use hypnotic or seductive words is probably lying or wanting something from you.
I have also found that those that don't have a following usually have the most powerful magic of all.
I think humble shamans found their power in being out in the woods and hanging out with the spirits. That's where the true power is.

I have so similar experiences. Why it is, that every single or at least many shamanic or spiritual community has this gaming and powerstruggle always going on??? First these flatterers try to get under your skin by flatter, nice words, then they want you to believe same things as they, then they want to control and own your thoughts. Spiritual and religious communities seems to be worst of all.

Things seems to get a bit easier, when a word spirituality does not be present any way or form. No doubt, where humans are there human flaw exists. Is any group or community different? With combat sports it is more often different anyways. They usually do not try to flatter or be expesially nice. They just say, if you like you may come and train here, if you do not go away. No immeadiate attempts to affect you and your thoughts.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism