Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Coming back after refusing the call.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:57 pm 

I use to be something of a shamanic practioner before, although ever since I got on of certain medication, i've been cut off from the spirit world and thus could not function as a shaman (particularly obliterated my ability to dream_. I suffered much because many of the shamanic assumptions about reality which I once held sacred faded away as I became more detached and more philosophical materialist then either an animist or panenthiestically inclined. But now I have arrived back at the calling, after having suffered enough. You see I didn't know that this medication was doing this. But for months at a time I have not dreamed and for other reasons, both philosophical and practical, both couldn't journey (due to a unique energetic composition of my spirit body that doesn't let me project my soul or tonalli out of my physical body while i'm awake. I use to be able to journey, but I just feel dreams are more real and teach at least me particularly more.

Ever since i've gotten off of those awful meds, I have been dragged down to the underworld to meet different mythical animals and beings, which have once again altered my perception as to what the true nature of reality is and the reality of spirits. Only in my dreams of course. But I have been having what a shaman would call "big dreams," dreams with personally prophetic consequences. These dreams have change my life and so the only road for me is to become a dream shaman. If I dream all night at a constant rate every night for the rest of my life, That would give me the opportunity to be a gifted shaman indeed, but that will come with patience, endurance, humility, nobility, respect, spiritual etiqette in the spirit world, and much much discipline.

What tools do I have at my disposal in order to become a dream shaman? I have traveled some to the upperworld as well, although all I see are stars and feel the presences of life there in my dreams, but I guess their energy is just at too high a frequency for me to perceive yet. I want to meet a spirit guide in my dream. I real spirit guide that will appear constantly in my dreams and will teach me the way to shamanize in the dreamworld so that I could get allies, my helpings sprits, with all the certainty that they exist because I will see them with my owns eyes.

I wish to heal through my dreams, which is an art that i've become aware of ever since I read Timothy Knab's book "Dialogue of Earth and Sky," which is concerned with Nahua dream healing of the ancient tradition in use in the contemporary world by the dream shamans of San Martin, Mexico.

Does anyone know of herbs that could be used to enhance dreaming. Or is there a particular ceremony one could do in order to specifically induce certain kinds of dreams? Shamanic dreams? I know the cosmology quite well, but I don't know my way around the immaterial realm as well as i'd like to. Anyway, if anyone can give me any tips as to how to dream better, more consciously, and how to use our intuition in dreams in order to extract more knowledge and accumulate it in synchronistic way. Nothing is coincidence. Teotl permeates all and we could see it and feel it through our dreams, that all-expansive energy that is everything and that we belong to and that we are. I still kind find any native nahua shamans where i live, which would be my tradition of shamanism due to my personal history and ancestry (i'm Mexican-American with mixed nahua blood). Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Coming back after refusing the call.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:52 pm 

Hi! If you know spanish, I highly recomend you the web called "onironautas(dot)org". There are many people exposing their experiences with lucid dreaming. The web is such a labyrinth, I'm sure I've read something about infusions which help to have lucid dreams and there are a mentioned places in the "other side" where you can go to learn. I'm a newbie in shamanism, and my english is terrible, but I was impressed with some of your posts about aztec culture, so now I'll be happy if I could help you.
Regards
Myrmia

Post subject: Re: Coming back after refusing the call.
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:52 pm 

The Basement Shaman, if it's still around, might have some dream herbs available for you. Good luck.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism