Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Cleansing a space
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:06 am 

How do you go about it? What are your preferred methods and/or tools? Do you have different rituals for different areas or sizes of areas? I'm especially curious if anyone has experience with brick dust.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:08 am 

well, for my work, it all depends on what went on in the space that needs clearing.

I've never used brick dust. I do use a combination of: strong aromatic oils, flowers, Spirit Water, sage, Palo Sancto, crystals, salt, stones, chants and prayers, and always fire.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:27 pm 

Thanks for the Tip, El!

Additionally, does anyone have any good ideas for ridding a space of a nuisance spirit?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:30 am 

You may try spirit trap. Have a box and put tobacco inside as a bate. Find a prayer to seal it. It's better to make a journey and ask more specific advises from spirits to your situation.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:36 am 

TwinBull wrote:
...does anyone have any good ideas for ridding a space of a nuisance spirit?

I had a child-like spirit running amok in one of my former houses. Nothing bad, just a lot of laughing, slamming doors, knocking stuff over - that sort of thing. One day, I became really fed up with the shenannegans and yelled, "Just STOP it!"

And you know what? It worked! :shock:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:50 pm 

Well, there're part of the problem.
I suppose I should explain.
I had what... /might/ have been a child spirit, which I got fed up with, and eventually ended up throwing a handful of salt at it in frustration and shouting "SCAT!", which it did. However, something(s?) else moved in and became much more problematic, to the point of keeping me from sleeping. The CM I know suggested banishing rituals, and the HooDoo lady suggested warding, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how that works in my paradigm since I've never done this before. I figured I'd pull together traditional and current methods, then forge a personal ritual from those. So far your tips have been invaluable, I just need more data before I can stitch something cohesive together.

The spirit trap sounds like an interesting idea, Jusma. If this keeps up, I may end up making one.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism