Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Can I have a little help please?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:07 am 

I'd first like to introduce myself (somewhat). I won't really say my name. This is the internet after all, and not to be offensive or anything, but I don't know anyone on this site.

If you want, you can call me littlehealer
If you don't...then don't :D

The username does have a little bit of a meaning to it. I've noticed that people with problems seem to flock to me as if I have "Please let me help you" tattooed in violently neon yellow words across my forehead. I'm not bitter about it though, as somehow I've always been able to say or do the right thing. It feels good to help people, you know?

Anywiggle...on to the facts.

I'm 17 (though that'll change soon), so assume what you will about my maturity, I've heard it before.

I haven't quite found my spiritual guide yet, though I feel close to finding something and a strong pull towards the water and forests.

I used to think I was a psy (psychic form of vampire), until I woke up and discovered how flawed my spiritual outlook was. My reasons for believing such a ridiculous thing were most significantly my misunderstanding of my own senses.

I cannot see any form of aura, though I can feel and interpret the emotions of others on a deep truthful and spiritual level. By "others" I do not exclusively point to humans.

I am an avid believer of instinctive living. Basically that just means that when my body or spirit is telling me something, I listen.

I would like to ask a few questions (which was the whole reason of the post), that I hope will point me in the right direction.

First, can a spiritual guide be human? deceased, obviously.

Second, I'm having some trouble contacting a spiritual guide, which worries me because I feel I've upset any spirit guide I might have by experimenting with an ouija board.

That's enough of my babble, so I'll leave you all to do your own thing, as I will do myself.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:57 pm 

Hello, littlehealer.

I don't think chronological age and maturity are necessarily aligned. Besides, I'm 52 and new to this path.

A spirit guide can be human though it may not take a human form. They communicate to you in symbols that you're comfortable with. My spirit guide takes the form of a character that I created several months ago. It surprised me to see it in that form, but I am very comfortable with that character.

I don't think spirit guides take offense at ouija boards. But they might require that you prove that you're serious by requiring you to persist at working and walking the path.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:31 am 

Yes, guide can be in human form, but if you refer to some particular deceased human, that have not heard happening. The form is always been "symbolic", not particular, known, deceased human individual. But everything is possible.

Usually guiding spirits are near anyway, but connection is sometimes harder to reach, and all reasons for that unknown. But here is few: person cannot focus his mind clearly enough and leave dialoque of mind behind, there is too much of hestitation, mistrust, fear of what he is doing at the moment.

It is rarer, that spirit wants to test, if he is serious about the matter and not just playing around. It is possible to ask somebody else to make contact to your spirithelper if you so want.

Post subject: thanks
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 am 

Btw, just to clear it up, the human spiritual guide question wasn't for me in particular. I have a friend who swears up and down that he has a human spiritual guide, and I was a little skeptical. Thanks for your help :D

I went for a walk yesterday to an old graveyard to try to clear my mind (it's the quietest place in the whole neighborhood) and I think Jusma kinda hit the nail on the head with the focusing my mind comment. As hard as I try, I just can't get <i> every </i> thought out. Today I think I'm going to try something involving music.

Thank you both for your help and time. It's much appreciated

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:32 am 

When deceased family or near-enough family are having an influence in your life, it falls under the "Ancestor Worship/Reverence" heading (at least where Shamanism is concerned). There is a strong tie to the ancestors in Far-East/Asian traditions, to be more specific... Shinto.

(Please note... I did not say this is the only such examples, merely the easiest to find for research purposes.)

If you are interested in following that line of thought, you might start there to see if it meshes with what you are experiencing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:11 pm 

You can also have a "teacher" that is a living human, with whom you are not necessarily acquainted. Many teachers who are indigenous dreamers can travel to your dreamspace and teach. There are many people with whom I am acquainted that have "dreamt" of their teacher long before they ever met that person "in the flesh". And I don't mean just "sleep dreaming"; but what is called "day dreaming", or journey meditations...any of those ways.

Crowtalker

P.S. I am also 52 RiverLight. Nice to "meet" someone my age :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:55 pm 

Hello, Crowtalker. Nice to "meet" you!

Post subject: Yes to human form
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:51 pm 

One of the first guides I met was a Celtic Goddess. She has taught me a great deal over the years, but then again has also challenged me with the most frustrating of challenges, Remember! You see, she has told me that I was once a very powerful healer. She told me that I will be once again if only I can remember. That is my frustration now. Remembering. I joke with her and tell her that I have had a few concussions you know. :D
Seriously though, I have had many guides that came with their own lessons. We really have to remember that guides are spirits and can take any shape they choose. They are not limited as we are. Of course, most of our limitations are of our own making, whether social, cultural or religious teachings that force limitations on us, or our own fear of the unknown. We cannot impose our own limitations on spirits, they just don't play that game.

Let me give you an example. At the time I was part of some online Native American groups on Yahoo. I was "adopted" by a couple of Cherokee friends. I happened to post an article called Lessons from the Gorilla. I was told that gorillas can't be spirit guides because they are not from America. I had to explain that the best representation for me in order to get the lesson was the silverback, because I had just watched a couple of specials on the mountain gorilla. Knowing that I had this knowledge of them, that is how the spirit came and gave their lesson. So we have to open our minds to any possibility. I have had spirits come as gorillas, pigs, butterflies, hawks, eagles, bears, wolves, buffalo, and turtles. So be open to any form.

As to struggling, been there, done that, got the kewpie doll. I tell you, I was ready to hang it up when I first started. Then my wife sent me out to Kripalu for a weekend with Sandra Ingerman. While I still struggled, or rather thought I was because I wasn't "doing it" as others, my frustration increased. I ended up going for a walk in the woods during break. I found a stream near a humongous tree that had to have a six foot wide trunk. I turned to the tree and said, "Grandfather, if anyone will have the answers you will. " I put out my wish to learn and grow and be the healer my guide said I was. Well, as it turned out, I liked coffee in the morning and guess what, so did Sandra. We would find ourselves in the morning at the coffee shop while everyone else was in the cafeteria. It gave me one on one time with Sandra. She helped me to understand that it isn't a set procedure, but rather what works best. After I explained what was going on and how I interpreted it as I was getting it "wrong". She laughed and said, quite the opposite, I was doing it the way I felt. I was still making the connection, just not quite the way it was written in the books. She told me to use the books simply as a guide and not a tech manual. Each person has their own way to relate. While many will practice the same ritual, each culture does things slightly different. So relax, and release. Just go with the flow.
My heart to your heart, one heart, one spirit.
White Wolf

Post subject: Re: Can I have a little help please?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:13 am 

Hi, Littlehealer :))
Firstly, to mention that initially I read your name as 'lighthealer'. Just now I saw it was 'little' when I started replying. May be a coinsidence, may be not :))

I find all answers interesting and important. I just thought that you might feel more comfortable if you make some protection ritual before you start the 'meeting'. There should be different ones, I practice a column of white light from top to heals (or white balls on each of the chakras from the top to the bottom chakra), then a huge golden ball within which I stay. Then I end the ritual with visualising protecting blue pentagrams heading up, from all directions one by one, starting from the front, directing right, then up, then down. I ask these blue pentagram stars to let in only the good powers. Then I invite the helper - whoever it is. May be if you do something like this, your hesitations will cease :)

love and light

littlehealer wrote:
I'd first like to introduce myself (somewhat). I won't really say my name. This is the internet after all, and not to be offensive or anything, but I don't know anyone on this site.

If you want, you can call me littlehealer
If you don't...then don't :D

The username does have a little bit of a meaning to it. I've noticed that people with problems seem to flock to me as if I have "Please let me help you" tattooed in violently neon yellow words across my forehead. I'm not bitter about it though, as somehow I've always been able to say or do the right thing. It feels good to help people, you know?

Anywiggle...on to the facts.

I'm 17 (though that'll change soon), so assume what you will about my maturity, I've heard it before.

I haven't quite found my spiritual guide yet, though I feel close to finding something and a strong pull towards the water and forests.

I used to think I was a psy (psychic form of vampire), until I woke up and discovered how flawed my spiritual outlook was. My reasons for believing such a ridiculous thing were most significantly my misunderstanding of my own senses.

I cannot see any form of aura, though I can feel and interpret the emotions of others on a deep truthful and spiritual level. By "others" I do not exclusively point to humans.

I am an avid believer of instinctive living. Basically that just means that when my body or spirit is telling me something, I listen.

I would like to ask a few questions (which was the whole reason of the post), that I hope will point me in the right direction.

First, can a spiritual guide be human? deceased, obviously.

Second, I'm having some trouble contacting a spiritual guide, which worries me because I feel I've upset any spirit guide I might have by experimenting with an ouija board.

That's enough of my babble, so I'll leave you all to do your own thing, as I will do myself.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism