Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Can anyone learn and practice SHAMANISM?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:19 am 

I always see alot of visitors looking at this site that I feel are interested in shamanism and knowing theres a better way to live. I've met alot of people that think if there not native american, huichol, or raised in a indigenous culture. That they cannot practice shamanism. And they are told by many people claiming to be Shamans that they can't because of these untruths. They say these harmful things for power (ego) and money. Stay away from these people. I had a friend that was paying alot of money to become a RIEKI master. I used to drive here to her classes.Iuse to sit in on the classes. One day the had a RIEKI energy share were people would practice channeling the universal energy into someone else. The master ask me if I wanted to join in. She didn't believe me when I told here that I never took a class in RIEKI because I could channel the energy stronger than the students.My point here is that you don't have to pay a dime to learn and practice these wonderful gifts that we all have.You just have to know that you can and you will. Some people get frustrated because the first time they try to journey or maybe there 30 time the get no were. Because the can't control there thoughts. Some people have magical experiances the first time in this way we are different in being able to open up. So don't get discouraged keep trying. It takes a lot of hard work sometimes to do the GREAT WORK! And forums like this wonderful one is here for you to ask for help. Knowledge is a wonderful thing! We have to find our truths or pathin life so we can free our spirits and become loving, careing, people. If you watch the animals in the forest you'll see that each one has it's own path. I never witness a animal go of there path unless it was caused by a human. Or unless it was to teach someone a lesson about themselfs. If it wasn't for the Sorry :oops: of the humans animals would live there lives doing there jobs in harmony. Fish are swimmers if they didn't swim? Die , depessed than die? just like the birds fly and the horses run.The piont I'm making here is that humans lost a long time ago what there journey is.They have no clue how to love another they think they do. But why are they only happy for short time. Than searching right away for a different women a new car someone to make them happy. This is a dead end street.We are the only one' s that can make ourselfs truly happy and when we do understand this knowledge we can do anything. So don't just look dive into something like shamanism or energy work there are many ways to find your true path. Just know we lost this knowledge a long time ago. But everyone of us has it bound inside us start cutting away the straight jacket thats around your spirit and journey on your true path. Good luck to all of you and if I can help just ask one of us! :D Jim(Foolshawk)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:09 pm 

Anyone can practice Shamanism, spirit does not say that what you are doing is incorrect, or you do not carry the lineage of a Native or indigenous people,....It is the journey that is unique to each and every Shaman that is different. If all Shaman had the same exact ceremonies, ways of healing, and ways of connecting to spirit then we would all be the same Shaman with only a few specialties and lacking in many, many others.....This is why we have weather Shaman, Plant Shaman, Earth healer Shaman, Spiritual, Healing, Medicine, and too many others to mention. All of mankind could chose to be Shaman,.....but it is each persons free will to chose their belief system.

Travel well,
KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:14 am 

Good words Jim and Jayson!

If those who are born from Mother Earth remember the heartbeat of the planet, then they qualify to become shamans. I believe that means everyone. Unless one comes from Mars... then I guess you just have a different heartbeat to listen to, but the same applies.

By the way.... I'm now officially available (long story). Any good looking shamans out there looking for a shawoman, just call. LOL!!

:wink:
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:56 am 

Thanks for your reply's guys! It seems like we are on the same page. Enocheye good luck finding another! It seems when a person like you that share's there heart with the world the other in the relationship can't handle the shareing. "LOL" and Blessings :D

Post subject: Re: Can anyone learn and practice SHAMANISM?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:50 pm 

Foolshawk wrote:
I always see alot of visitors looking at this site that I feel are interested in shamanism and knowing theres a better way to live. I've met alot of people that think if there not native american, huichol, or raised in a indigenous culture. That they cannot practice shamanism. And they are told by many people claiming to be Shamans that they can't because of these untruths. They say these harmful things for power (ego) and money. Stay away from these people. I had a friend that was paying alot of money to become a RIEKI master. I used to drive here to her classes.Iuse to sit in on the classes. One day the had a RIEKI energy share were people would practice channeling the universal energy into someone else. The master ask me if I wanted to join in. She didn't believe me when I told here that I never took a class in RIEKI because I could channel the energy stronger than the students.My point here is that you don't have to pay a dime to learn and practice these wonderful gifts that we all have.You just have to know that you can and you will. Some people get frustrated because the first time they try to journey or maybe there 30 time the get no were. Because the can't control there thoughts. Some people have magical experiances the first time in this way we are different in being able to open up. So don't get discouraged keep trying. It takes a lot of hard work sometimes to do the GREAT WORK! And forums like this wonderful one is here for you to ask for help. Knowledge is a wonderful thing! We have to find our truths or pathin life so we can free our spirits and become loving, careing, people. If you watch the animals in the forest you'll see that each one has it's own path. I never witness a animal go of there path unless it was caused by a human. Or unless it was to teach someone a lesson about themselfs. If it wasn't for the Sorry :oops: of the humans animals would live there lives doing there jobs in harmony. Fish are swimmers if they didn't swim? Die , depessed than die? just like the birds fly and the horses run.The piont I'm making here is that humans lost a long time ago what there journey is.They have no clue how to love another they think they do. But why are they only happy for short time. Than searching right away for a different women a new car someone to make them happy. This is a dead end street.We are the only one' s that can make ourselfs truly happy and when we do understand this knowledge we can do anything. So don't just look dive into something like shamanism or energy work there are many ways to find your true path. Just know we lost this knowledge a long time ago. But everyone of us has it bound inside us start cutting away the straight jacket thats around your spirit and journey on your true path. Good luck to all of you and if I can help just ask one of us! :D Jim(Foolshawk)

Peace be upon you. Your true path is often that which you really want to do
in your heart, but many do not know what they really want in their hearts.
Those who do not know what is in their heart should maybe try and find their
way back to the Creator because the Creator, God, is the best guide.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:45 pm 

Jim

LOL!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
How right you are Jim.

Elizabeth

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism