Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Called or just crazy?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:31 pm 

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I find myself in somewhat of a spititual crisis. I used to be very spiritual and found that shamanism really spoke to me. Now I find I doubt everything, including life after death. I feel empty and flat and my shamanic beliefs seem to have evaporated. I thought I might have been called because I have had serious pneumnoia 3 times and nearly died. One of the times I had powerful halluncinations and heard voices speaking to me. I still occasionally hear them. I hoped this was a calling. But now I am doubtful.

Any advice for a lost and possibly crazy person?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:04 pm 

Logan, welcome to the Talking Sticks forum. It's been a great experience here for me so far, and i'm sure you will feel the same way. There are a lot of good helpers around these parts, especially when dealing with a shamanic call such as yours.

Why do you feel drawn to shamanism? When one is called, one knows it, clearly. Your illnesses is a clear sign of you being called, especially the voices you hear. What kind of voices do you hear. Are they clear voices of an individual person or spirits or murmurs. I ask this because I have the same or similar condition on a permanent basis. I hear the voices of individuals that I have come to know well as well as good and evil spirits. Do you have clear conversations with your voices, or are they just distant background noises? All of this is very important. When a person begins to hear voices, something changes in their soul, for they have a bigger connection to the spirit world and learn by experience the inner workings of the spirit essence of things, particularly human spirit essences.

If the experience you're having makes you uncomfortable, know that it is only temporary and you will eventually master your voices.

Yours,
--Teopiltzin

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 am 

Hi Logan,

It is not if you have been called, but how will you answer, it is really all up to you, there are messages everywhere.

It is not if you have been called, but what are you listening.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:26 pm 

Thanks Teopiltzin and aurorazen.

To give you more details regarding the voices I hear, they are usually fairly clear. Both male and female and sometimes even have different accents. Sometimes it's like I am listening in on a conversation between different people. Other times I have heard snippets of conversations that seem to be discussing me. Those are rather spooky at times.

I have actually been awakened by a woman who shakes my bed. But when I wake up she is there for he briefest of monents and then gone.

I also find that I will be at work and I hear a young boy crying or I find myself filled with fear and dread. I stop what I am doing and start to speak with him and he tells me that he is afraid of different things. I empathize and then try to help him get comfortable and then the voice and feelings vanish.

Instead of believing this to be true, I find myself questioning my sanity and I just can't seem to figure out what is going on.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:17 pm 

Hi Logan,

I also question sanity...for what is it?

If you measure sanity by a functionality view..you get an answer
If you question sanity by a productivity view you get another

I have only one thing to say...you be the master

You wear the clothes, don't let the clothe wear you

Question THE Voices, don't question YOURSELF, you are your only gate.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:54 pm 

It seems to me that you have very strong psychic senses picking up the presence of two discarnate beings. Specifically clairaudience & clairvoyance. Often illness can change our chakras ability to receive & transmit energetic information-either opening or closing them to a different degree. Perhaps your bouts of pneumonia have opened you spiritually to these "ghosts". Also illness can cause power loss or soul loss-which can take the form of tears, holes or thin spots in the aura or chakras, leaving one more vulnerable to the spirit world. These are just my quick thoughts on your matter at hand.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:12 pm 

I second everything OOnaOwl just said. This may be a blessing in disguise. Once the fear is over with, you need to gather up some valor to deal with your situation. I know exactly how you feel. What you need to do is try to have control over the voices. It works on the same basic principal of input = output. You may not be able to control the voices directly, but if they can hear you or rather feel and read your thoughts, you need to be very careful what you think. Mastery over yourself and your own consciousness is the most important thing to do.

Who knows, maybe one of those voices will be your spirit helper. Not many people can hear their spirit helpers directly in the way you might be able to. Just stick it out, and you'll eventually find a solution. The only stumbling block is fear. Once it dissipates, you are in the clear. Address them directly with your inner voice and tell them to help you, depending on what the voices say. Have you ever made an etheric projection? The dangers of etheric projection is that if you do it right, you might run into someone else's silver cord, the etheric substance that connects our bodies to the etheric self.

It may be, as in my case, that you have a real person's spirit essence in your body. It may actually just be one voice imitating many other voices in order to make you suffer. People generally don't like being stuck inside someone else's body. Voices such as yours have intelligence. They might be doing it on purpose. I can almost guarantee you that it is only one voice masquerading as many others. A direct line of communication is absolutely necessary.

Also, it may be triggered by substance abuse. So if you're on drugs, it might be what started it off. If not, it may just be that you had an explosion of personal power that got your soul tangled up with someone else's. I'm almost positive that it is not a spirit but a real person. A spirit would not need to make you suffer, but would either make you ill or try to help you become a shaman without showing off his or her powers of manipulation. Only a weakened human would be so cruel. In my case, because it's not a spirit but a human that I hear, she goes on shamanic journeys for me in the state she's in, therefore being my spirit helper without actually being a spirit.

Soul loss is a definite possibility. You may need to have a soul retrieval done on you through many sessions with an experienced shaman. During an explosion of personal power, a part of your soul as may have switched places with a piece of someone else's soul. Their is a real possibility that someone out in the real world may be suffering the same condition as you, though he or she might be totally unaware of the source, just as you feel. You can try to do your own soul retrieval, which I recommend you do, to rejoin the missing fragments of your spirit essence with your body. This restoration of equilibrium may shut up the voices forever.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:38 pm 

Hi Logan!

There are others, who have had problems with uncontrolled voices. Maybe you can find this old thread useful. Help can be found.

http://www.shamanportal.org/forum/viewt ... ight=#1689

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism