Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: books on animal shamanism? new to shamanism
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:08 pm 

Hi all my name is simha i am well i guess you could call me a taoist/zen person. I am interested in learning about shamanism more specificaly the animal side of it. I have looked on wikipedia and read the articles about the skinwalkers and other such stories of people who could transform into said animal. Well i was wondering if anyone could recomend any books specificaly dealing with that aspect of shamanism and such?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: books on animal shamanism? new to shamanism
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:01 am 

Most any beginning guide will mention animals fundamentally. The Way of the Shaman or Awakening to the Spirit World would do. Read a bunch of books, just make sure you start with something basic read reviews and and summaries on amazon or whatever, you don't need to track down the obscure books right away. Stay away from watered down stuff or books that focus too much on drugs, they're pretty easy to spot just by reading the back.

Post subject: Re: books on animal shamanism? new to shamanism
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 pm 

I work with Animal Spirits. There are several books on Animal Shamanism. They all have starter guides on how to contact them, and indexes of animal meanings based in each writer's culture.

Amazon yourself.

Working with Animal Spirits can be very rewarding and enlightening. Also, once you start working with "real" animals, you will also be able to contact the "fantasy" animals that live around you too. But they are harder to contact.

Also, try the Druid Animal Oracle. It's a "tarot" deck that uses Druid Sacred Animals. They paintings on the cards are really good.

WaterDragon

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism