Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Being Called
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:00 pm 

Hello. I'm new here. Done a bit of exploring on this forum and not finding what I need.

The short story is that I'm being "called". I hear the Earth speak, but I don't always know what She's saying. Animals in particular have messages, but other aspects of Nature as well. Although this is not so much *new* to my life, it has recently ramped up (WAY up) due to personal emotional trauma and upheaval. I have fought this transformation for some years, and it can no longer be denied, but currently I am feeling lost and I still feel that old fight against accepting all the weirdness.

I did have someone helping me a bit, but she seems to be no longer available. She once led me on a Journey (~3 years ago) where "my gift" was presented, but I was not yet ready to receive it. I did receive it about three months ago, which gave me some ground to stand on.

I guess what I'm asking is for some guidance toward resources on the internet to help explain the shamanic calling so that I may feel more comfortable with it and get on with what needs to happen.

Any ideas?

Thank you so very much,
~Cosmic

Post subject: Re: Being Called
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:20 pm 

From personal experience, I am not a fan of researching shamanism online. There are some good sites out there, I'm sure, but I've never been the type to take online articles too seriously. I would suggest to get some books or contact local shamans/shamanic practitioners who are willing to take on an understudy. I found a site that has names of people willing to teach, though I do not know how updated this site is:
http://www.shamanlinks.net/Teacher_Links.htm

Post subject: Re: Being Called
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:07 pm 

Hello Cosmic.
I tend to agree with desertbird. Some books can act as guides to learn the terrain & language of what your going through, as lots of people have gone through it before and mapped it in their own way.
For myself I found flower essences very liberating. It is a very simple process to learn to make your own and the beauty is that they are local to you. Even if in a city there are parks or nature reserves, or simply grow the ones you are called to in your window. The whole process of journeying to the plant to ask its permission to essence it sets up a whole avenue of communication between you and the plant spirit world. While taking or proofing the essence it will begin to work on your energy body, removing blocks and inhibitions. You may start to hear the voice of the spirit of the plant or it may come to you in dreams and teach you. It will be a creative act between you and the plant spirits. They can also teach you healing songs and techniques. It is also a very safe way as the essence contains very little of the actual plant just its energy signature. This is important, as some plants are poisonous to humans. It can be a very gentle way to work, this is not to say it is not powerful and transformative. On the contrary, it can often shake one to the core, I have worked with some essences, which have brought me to my knees, which I needed at the time. If you are interested in this, get yourself a good plant identification book and also read up on how to make essences. There are many different ways, but you will find your own way if you are interested. The plant world is a huge reservoir of beauty, knowledge, teaching and healing, our brothers and sisters. The stage your at is very exciting, your on an adventure. Uncovering, creating and healing. It is a blessing, don't rush through too fast, savoir the highs and learn from the lows and be grateful for it all. I hope this is some help. There are thankfully many different ways. I wish you well.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism