Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Anyone here have experience with Otherkin?
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:17 pm 

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone here has any experience working with Otherkin? I am new to working with them, and would love any input from folks here. I am assisting someone with healing that is Otherkin. Thank you so very much!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:48 am 

:lol: I am one.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:21 pm 

I have never heard the term Otherkin before, could you explain further about them, perhaps they have a different name that myself or someone else may be familiar with?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:35 pm 

We are those, who appear as a human but are something completely different. Meaning: Otherkin are people that think/know/believe/whatever that they have a soul not human, but of for example a wolf, a dragon, an angel, or whatever.

The difference between a normal human and an otherkin is the soul, which in the case of an otherkin is not human.

An Otherkin that realizes this is "awaken". Those that do not know it consciously and are Otherkin are named "sleeping".

You can see an Otherkins true Nature by looking at him in shamanic vision, with your third eye if you use this terminology.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:56 pm 

This idea is quite new to me. I know that human bodies carry very different kind of personalities and have different energies, but the whole composition of soul so different... I thought the soul divine part of being, which is always same at the very, very deep level. If everything is a part of Great Spirit/God/Allah/Cosmic consciousnes or whatever, I thought the soul would be the link between all beings, which would not be so different. Maybe I am wrong.

So I would like to hear your point of view, how soul is structured? I have seen in vision I came from stars, but still I think I am human and want to study what it is to be human, with all the sorrows and joy. I have also seen the time when our soul came apart from god, received it's colors and divided into two personalities and met my soulmate in this life. Friends have reported living past lives in animal form.

So, do animal souls live in human bodies when human souls live in animal bodies? How do I know what soul I have? Is it angels soul or dragon soul? And does it matter? After all we are fellow beigs living here and now together. This concept is not well settling into my perspective. Maybe my perspective here is too different to see.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:10 pm 

Welcome, human, to a different view of reality :D - as long as you can accept it, it is no problem. I can live very well with it, centered in my being, without inner struggles and all that stuff.

Otherkin eat, drink and do all human things as normal humans do, too. No difference at all, most of the time.

I know that I was quite irritated when I heard the first time of this phenomenon and could not understand anything about it. I was quite sure being a human. Until 2003, when everything being changed forever within a moment.

Trying to describe the awakening in my case is trying to find verbs and words for a total re-structuring, a total different perception of the reality then before - and I was already totally aware of my nature when I was a young one, aging 3 to 5 or so. My father accepted it - but we agreed mutually to keep mouth shut until time is better to talk open about this. He is dead 18 years by now, and time has changed since 1974. I had forgotten all that and was sent back "to sleep" for nearly 30 years.

Does it matter to you whether you define yourself as a human, a female one or a male? It certainly does. So it matters to an Otherkin, defining himself as an (fill in there) in a human body. For my own part: I simply have no choice, it is me. For me it is no question of belive, but of intense knowing and experience. Denying myself is not my way, this is simply impossible.

Soul is structured ... - I try to understand this. Okay. We all have a human body with its energetic systems, Meridians and so on, chakras and all that. But this is only a part of the whole thing. I have difficulties to describe all what I could say on how a soul is structured - if one ever can say "structured". At the moment I use the threefold differentiation of a soul, divided into a Lower, a Middle and a Higher Self. The Middle and the Higher Self I do currently define as the parts which are different to the human conterparts. Because I live in a human body I have one thing in common with a human: The Lower energetic body, that belongs to the Lower Self.

Besides the energetic part there are much more parts of soul, that are human, if you are human, or - as with Otherkin - not human but something else. Those parts can be so intense and strong to produce phantom-limbs like wings and all that what is part of the other soul, that is non-human.

Of course there is a part in all living beings, angels and all that, that shares the common origin. But this kernel is not that what you can bring in as argument: Therefore a cat would be the same as you - obivously it is not.

The whole thing does matter when you cannot avoid it. Being oneself, living oneself and manifesting oneself does not take care of education.

As human in a human body your perspective is quite very different. You can feel yourself lucky, because no one is hacking on you, because you are human. To clear this: I do not feel hacked or attacked. I am one of very few Otherkins that are doing this outing in more public spaces like this one. I do it, in order to educate pure humans about some things, they do not know yet.

I do not know how many Otherkins are around, but I have already met them quite before my own awakening - in those times I was wondering how they keep a good mood, being different. There are simply more things between heaven and earth then many people think of.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:07 pm 

This is new to me, but reminds me of some of my tribal mythology stories. I am an Etaminua - Chinook Indian shaman, and interestingly enough, my native name is Tah Iquatsie Lxak - which means Spirit of the Cougar! :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:12 pm 

You can imagine that I am very interested in mythological traces on this. I know that in all ages and cultures it happens that Otherkins are around. So somewhere has to be some traces to be found.

In Asia there are plenty of stories around, dragons that walk around as humans and all that, shapeshifting elemental spirits. In Europe there are some legends around, indirectly pointing on Otherkins as a possible root. Unfortunately christianity wiped out many of those things here, not much left now. The story-collection of the Grimm-Brothers are a very rich resource, however.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 am 

Thank you so much for all of your heartfelt, open-minded replys. I have learned much already, and hope that we can continue the discussion.

I came to this lifetime without the veil of forgetting. Like many others, I remembered other lifetimes-human & other- as well as the life between lifetimes in the spirit world. I have never considered myself to be human- but rather, a multidimensional spirit having a multidimensional human experience.

With spirit vision, I have always seen humans who-are-not-altogether-human-some came here that way, some changed after they were here, some had what I refer to as "hitchhikers"-intrusions or possessions of all manner.

Discovering now this world of Otherkin adds a new dimension to this experience. I approach it with an open mind & loving heart.

My healing recipient who is Otherkin calls herself a psyvamp, or psychic vampire. My internet research shows that psychic vampires are a type of otherkin, of which there are many. She has said her energy body cannot process energy as a human, but must receive psychic energy from humans to survive. She says she can not get it from the earth, sun, food, etc.
She is not coming to me for this condition. She sees nothing to be done with it. She has another dilemma she is asking for healing with. She has tried other healers but she says they see her as evil & judge her for this.

I do not agree with her way of taking energy, but I was guided by spirit not to focus on that aspect of her at this time in our work together. I do not feel in danger with this, and my helping spirits do not suggest that I spurn her.

I feel very grateful for this forum. I am a member of Shamanic Alliance on ning.com, but there is not this type of discussion format getting used much yet.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:17 am 

Very much thanks Apu Kuntur sharing your story so openly and showing patience also. Now I am a bit wiser and not so irritated of complexity of the world.
Now I remember also some myths of Scandinavia about the matter, so the idea gets more ancient base.

Thanks OOnaOwl for telling about psychic vampires. My friend told about their exixtance once and consired them evil. It too may be just a way of being and cannot be helped or changed, but accepted.

I have seen weird dreams, which come about one year basis. At the last I was attacked by undead, female zombie. After running for my life happened that we came attracted of each others. -When might Hollywood to come interested in that kind of manuscript?
It was total suprise, but platonic love bonding us, we were together at peace. I tried to tell zombie not to eat people and people not to try to end that undead life. They were suspicios of each others, but managed to leave in peace.
I made a journey asking what the h*** that was, and aswer came: light and shadow can be together, when love bonds them.

And after that dream I have noticed changes in my personality, I can show aggression more easily, and less fearing people condamning me. And now also receiving clients, who seek help for spiritual problems. Earlier I focused only on fysical. I also thougt to leave shamanic practises behind, and what I find: great hunger for this knowledge and wisdom found here. Something is happening... Thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:29 am 

I think I lied not being irritated. I think I came even more troubled of this information. -What is the structure of the soul I have?
So, I started journey. After trying to see by my own, my power animal came saying let me help you. She showed me stars, which formed constellation of bear. Unluckily it was not completely same as ursa major (checked), but resembled much more to a dream I saw maybe 4 years ago.

There I was in a barn, where were seats like in theatre. There were maybe 30 persons I knew no one, I doubt they were all even humans. There was a human friend with me I do not even know in this world. We sat on seats and waited. Then came in a figure, like bear in dark spirit form. It was small, cloudlike form resembling a bear. It came and walked amidst of us sitting on beches and breathed or whispered back of our necks some of us, mine too. Then it vanished and people walked to backroom. Somewhere I heard this was Bear-Clans rite of becaming into two. Later I followed people to backroom and heard arguments if it was right or wise allowing me and that other to even be there in the rite. So, I thought it wise to leave the place immediatly.

I think this was the first of weird dreams, which others followed one in year. And that bearconstellation showed today resembled this cloudlike spiritform of a bear. What to think about this??? I don't get it. Do I have soulstructure of a bear in a form that doesn't exist in this dimension....??? Too f***** absurd. Why it couln't be clearly Ursa major, is it a form of half-breed? eerr Hmm... need to rest this over, but some things are making sense. When I received powersong, there were also mentioned galaxies and bear's power. Maybe someday small mind can make sense of all this. Help is appreciated or advises how to work with.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:10 am 

You should keep in mind that it is not enough simply to have one or two dreams or visions, to get a clear grip of understanding what you are or what you are not. The danger of self-delusion should always be one to be aware of. Unfortunately there are not really much Otherkins around to come around personally for a visit.

One thing is quite obvious with Otherkins like myself: We tend to manifest our "otherness" continually, like a human manifest his humanity. Not only in visions but always, even when asleep or watching TV. Totally awakened ones have a total different point of view of the reality that surround us. I can speak only from my own experience here: This, what is being called "Third Eye" is continually open, always, 24/7. Synchronicities pop up all along our way of life, that are pointing into the right direction.

It is always interesting to read visions and that stuff. Honestly, your vision could point to totally different things then in the direction of being Otherkin, however this possibility is always one to keep in mind.

I would not have taken the step of going into the light of public awareness if I only had dreams about it, being something different (and - I am not a vampyre ^^). After my awakening, which happened whether I liked it or not (I did not), the difference between "before" and "after" was immense enough to keep me busy for months, coping with all changes in perceptions, thoughtways, memories and all that. Realizing that I fooled myself for more then 30 years was a shock and a relieve.

If you are a possible Bearkin: start to find objective incidents (synchronicities) in your life that could be used for a verification of the vision. Dreams are only one piece of the puzzle. An asleep Otherkin is still an Otherkin and not a human, so those events pop up through the whole life, even when asleep and unaware of being one. If you are a Bearkin you should be able to build up an intimate and natural relation with bears.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:57 am 

Today I tried to find out more information of the soul. I ski on ice of a lake and started to meditate and get a connection with my poweranimal and asked help and lesson about soul. I started to merge and feel more oneness with cosmos. -What abou tthe structure, what kind of structure bearkin would have in their soul? I remembered one bear I saw at wilds and asked him and he showed being a bear would be being a bear totally with every fiber of being, look at me. So, I knew I was not a bear. I was not the same.

But then poweranimal showed me the Bear Tribe - I belonged them. I was one of them, which is completely different as being bearkin. So even it sounds stupid - galactic bear - resonates well inside. And how it is different from humansoul???? I do not know yet, but the purpose is different.

I tried to become well centered and perceive that center, I assumed it would be quite the same as soul. And what things help to remain centered, what things are very close to me. And there that starchaped bear
was again in the end...
And the rite of becoming two may well mean that I have two souls, human and galactic bear, which are merged together working as one. Maybe that is reason not getting clearer aswer.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:34 pm 

I have been int the otherkin community, and from time to time, I have considered myself otherkin. However, I do find that the otherkin community is quite self-centered, and bashes a very many people on a regular basis. The energy there is mystical but also "dark", and even harsh. I might at times go as far as saying it is "bad" energy.

I do not have much experience with healing as of yet, and so do not have much input other than that. Of course, otherkin do tend to be very sensitive to energies themselves, and thus, may have problems with taking in too much bad energy. You might want to look into that for your patient.

-TreeVoice

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 pm 

Hello Voice of the Tree,

well - I am quite seldom active in Otherkincommunities, currently only in two of them, one very young and the other quite diverse. My own experience and perception, regarding those few communities I was part of, some years ago, is, that they are of course self-centered: Most Otherkin are quite alone with their experience and want to communicate with others about their experiences. I myself joined into one german communitiy back in 03, in order to get some help to cope with the quite new situation I was in, after my awakening. I left in 2004 or so, there was no necessity to remain there for longer.

It is normal for those communities that they are discussing their problems, ideas and so on - well, for non-Otherkin those discussions are quite boring, I think. Most things you described, I encountered, too - but only as a part of those communities and not as the base-tone or vibration.

Sometimes I feel that some Otherkins are quite arrogant, looking down on humanity, but those are not the common case, but an exception to the rule.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism