Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:17 pm 

TreeVoice wrote:
I have been int the otherkin community, and from time to time, I have considered myself otherkin. However, I do find that the otherkin community is quite self-centered, and bashes a very many people on a regular basis. The energy there is mystical but also "dark", and even harsh. I might at times go as far as saying it is "bad" energy.

I do not have much experience with healing as of yet, and so do not have much input other than that. Of course, otherkin do tend to be very sensitive to energies themselves, and thus, may have problems with taking in too much bad energy. You might want to look into that for your patient.

-TreeVoice
[q

uote]

Thank you TreeVoice!
I have found what you describe to be true so far with this client. They are extremely sensitive to energy, but also very dark & closed about how they experience it and what they interact with spiritually. Definitely they have taken in much "bad" energy, and that is what they want help with. The spirits say if they do not wish to change the energy relationship and frequency they value, it will repeat. It is not for me to try to change the culture, but to hold a light up to it. I hope that I can help them. But that is also up to the client & also spirit- me being the hollow bone.
I really appreciate everyone's input! It is of great help & interest to me. [/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:26 am 

Yep, these qualities exist in everywhere. Our drumming circle ended because of many reasons, but main point was one person's arrogance. She had to infiltirate other persons lives and tell how things had to be done. She was skilled shaman and healer, but at that time very egoistic. Then I wondered if I wanted to do anything at all with shamanims if people become like that, seeing others as rubbish.
I have heard and seen same thing happening quite often. Powerhungry person makes her way to be leading figure of small community and then makes other's lives miserable. Also they usually try favor somebody to get support for their discretion.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:58 pm 

You are very welcome, Owl. I'm glad I could help :)

-TreeVoice

Post subject: Otherkin
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:56 am 

Can someone, perhaps Jusma, explain a little more about what Otherkin are?

Is this kind of a "catch-all" phrase for all beings that resemble humans but are not?

Are you the souls of animals, plants, etc. in a human body?
Are you the souls of other types of beings, humanoid, or non-humanoid, in a body?
Are you all alike, or do you have different types of souls in human bodies?
Are you just a different type of nexxus of energy (soul) in a human body?
Where do you come from and how is it that you came to be here?

I have so many questions! (maybe you do, too - I'm sure it would be a very heavy thing to discover this half-way through life)

Besides wanting to always expand my understanding of things, I am also curious because I have been following some predictions that talk about humans who have human DNA (which would be your bodies), but are different. More like human "cousins", and generally live "elsewhere" in the Universe, with a few residing here for some reason.
Apparently, they've lived "elsewhere" for a long time. They apparently also have a different relationship with time and perhaps space as we perceive them. (many humans have recently been experiencing time and space differently than before, and I am not referring to those people here.)

While this may sound more like something along the lines of alien/UFO stuff, I'm looking at the mythology/shamanistic connections, and trying to understand the whole picture a little better.

I was wondering if Otherkin might be part of this somehow.

Thank you for any answers you might give, and blessings to you.

Post subject: Re: Otherkin
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 pm 

Yes, the term "Otherkin" is a kind of "catch-all" phrase for beings that have a human body, but something inside (aka soul), that is non-human. We are not all alike, there are many different kinds of Otherkin around. Until now I have never heard of Plantkin. What you name "nexxus" is unknown to me. You refer to "soul" I figured out so far. So: yes. The soul is non-human, the spirit.

We Otherkin come from very different places, locations, universes and times. So there is also no general location, universe, time or place where all Otherkin come from.

So far no Otherkin I know have a different DNA to common human DNA, although no Otherkin was being tested on this on a scientifical base. Vampirekin sometimes claim this altered DNA, but afaik this also is only wishful thinking (?).

Shishigami, all those things are already answered in this thread.

The rest you are writing sounds interesting.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:48 am 

Apu Kuntur is more experienced and familiar with terms of otherkin. So I answer more of personal view. What Shishigami wrote about resemblance of UFO and alien staff, I have an experience of that, which may explain my feeling of otherness.
I was doing treatment to an close friend and suddenly she appeared tight lipped, big oval eyes, oval head and I mentally addressed her as sister. There was also journeys, where we found we are twinsouls, separeted at the time of our creation. There was also other occation, when I saw other, oval eyed younger cousin, but no more.
Even it is more annoying to think being UFO or alien, than anything else, Apu Kuntur's explanation gives opportunity to understanding. The question "How it is you came to be here" deserves thought of everybody, not only otherkin's.
I think I am here to find out what it is to be human, to learn and educate. I can recall some pastlives in earth, but not other parts of universe, even journeys have shown the universe is where I came from. Whatever our spiritual origins may be, we are here together. That is one lesson MotherEarth wants us to learn.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:23 pm 

Jusma said: “I think I am here to find out what it is to be human, to learn and educate."

I agree. None of us started out as human. Although, I feel comfortable in that role and have been incarnating here for at least the last 10,000 years. My origin is not of this world. As is the case with many here now.
Getting back to the topic of ‘otherkin’ – my knowledge is very limited in this area. In the early eighties my mind opened telepathically. This was of course, unwanted and unintended. I heard the thoughts of everyone around me – and at different levels. I had no control of it. Unfortunately it was mostly the lower levels I heard. I became a total recluse for a couple of years in order to cope. It took years for it to finally go away. I still open up telepathically on occasion, but at a much more tolerable level. I have found that every once in a great while I would run into a person that I could not read at all. It was as if there was no-one there. Could these be otherkin?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:05 am 

Glenn wrote:
I agree. None of us started out as human. I have found that every once in a great while I would run into a person that I could not read at all. It was as if there was no-one there. Could these be otherkin?

Well, that is comfortable to think, we all started as something else than humans.

Where does the consciousness come from into fetus or at the moment of birth? That I do not know, maybe there is a number of spirits waiting the psossibility for a life in abody, who just have different level on consciousnees. Others have maybe started here and grown through evolution. I am not sure thou if a human is just a result of evolution, even it is leading theory available. Something does not feel right or complete. There is also very rare occations, where person has died, and body has been revived with another consciousness who had a important task to carry here, but no time to grow up childhood.

There may be several reason, for the feeling, there is no-one there, when not being able to read somebody. The spirit may travel same time and not being fully home. And what I have heard about vampirekin, they may appear like that. Or thought patterns just do not exist at the moment, or those are melting with surroundings.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:21 am 

I myself don't have such solidly founded views on what the basis for the 'otherkin' phenomenon is.

As far as the 'UFO' connection, I've done a bit of study on the genetics and the Nephilim mythos and ancient astronaut theories that suggest aliens came to earth and either created humans and/or tampered with human DNA, combining it with alien and animal DNA. What got my interested in this was that , I have noticed what seems to be more than just a spirit connection with peoples phenotype, that many had physical signs as well and common ancestry lines, and started tracing that.
Also did a bit of reading on morphic fields which suggest a manifestation of spirit energy being about to change things physically.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:14 pm 

I honestly don't know where I stand or what I feel about the term 'Otherkin' or the philosophy surrounding the culture.

If we are all descendants of ancient protozoa and all connected to everything in the universe from that initial big bang, then it is entirely possible that some, if not all of us have remnant memories from such lineages.

However, I agree with Tree Voice that much of the 'Otherkin' community is far from spiritually uplifting but decidedly egocentric. Escapism, sexual predators, massive egos, self-centred and bitchy, even verging on the psychotic at times is more the norm.

Although I don't discount that there are those who have genuine memories or experiences which don't fit the 'human' norm, I would also urge some caution and common sense thinking.

There are a lot of people, mostly young, who wish to fit into a unique group in order to give their own hum-drum lives some sort of meaning because:

a) they have no spiritual foundation upon which to base their lives
b) because the popular media, TV, Films and books etc give them an impossible reality to live up to without admitting that they are, indeed, ordinary (why is that so bad?)
c) and many of us live in a society divorced from real community, nature and where social ethics and morals are fading behind the glare of materialism.

There are also those who have genuine mental illness or chemical imbalances and for whom the power of suggestion and a feeling of kinship happily overrides reality.

If we are here to experience being human, then perhaps doing so is more profitable to our souls than joining a 'club' where our fears, insecurities and excuses are pandered to.

For me to say I know that an animal spirit has always been a part of my existence is one thing, regardless of the shamanic connotations, such an understanding does not then limit me to only the characteristics of that animal, nor does it excuse me from facing my fears, overcoming my own imperfections and issues.

When someone proudly announces to me that they are otherkin, vampire, changeling, shaman or similar, I immediately ask myself why they feel that they need the title? What are they buying into and why?

Otherkin may well be something for us to acknowledge or recognize but surely not at the expense of common sense.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:47 pm 

Are you telling me that I am wacko?

Just curious.

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:05 pm 

(oh this response aught to be good! I'm staying on the sidelines for this one!)
:shock:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:15 pm 

Of course not Apu Kuntur, (did you read my post fully), no more than I am in believing that some part of me is not human but do you feel the need to be called 'otherkin' and if so, why is that?

Why stay on the sidelines Rachara El then post about doing so? Clearly you have something to say, why not just tell me you disagree, be honest about it.

I knew my post would be confrontational but do we not discriminate our actions and responses or are we so open-minded that the wind blows right through? I do not fear being wrong, if a good argument is put forward, I will gladly acknowledge it.

I never used the term wacko either, its not productive.

My post never said that I disagree with the concept of 'otherkin' or that I disbelieve all those who consider this to be true within themselves but rather that as with anything else in life, all that glitters is not gold - perhaps it is erudite to be discerning.

Last edited by Forest Child on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:35 pm 

I used the term "wacko", simply because you are rather negative in your posting, regarding otherkin at all.

I am one otherkin, thats all that is behind it. Why should I be silent about this fact? The point is, that people like me know exactly that they are non-human in spirit and soul. I do not believe this. Crossing the border from believing to knowing can be a shocking experience. Most things, circling about origins of souls, are rooted in believings, not knowings.

In general there are many of those things you are listing there. Unfortunately, yes. Reading your posting at least can lead to my question, whether you consider me fitting in there.

Neither it is a funny thing to be Otherkin, nor makes it life easier. The question of Outing is simply a question of openess towards others. I have to deal with persons that cannot accept things beyond their narrow view of the world because of my openess.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:31 pm 

Thank you for that Apu Kuntur. May I ask how telling others that your soul is non human, how does this assist your living as a human here and now? How have you found working with others when you tell them that you are 'otherkin', does the honesty bring understanding?

Do you feel that people who are narrow in their view of the world are helped by listing yourself as 'otherkin' or have you tried loosing the term and explaining some of your reasons for knowing that you are different, your experiences, dreams, memories etc and allowing them to come to their own conclusions?

I suggest that it is easier for people to be part of a clan or group with an identity rather than to feel isolated, hence the 'otherkin' movement but this will, as with many other fringe groups, attract those who simply want to be accepted into something unique as they see it. Is it not common sense to look at each person separately rather than merely accepting that all who use the title do so appropriately?

My limited understanding of living as a human is that we are here to do just that. I'm not entirely sure what separating ourselves into sub-groups of 'human and non-human' will do to assist our soul's development? Hence why I ask, how does telling people that you are otherkin help you to live and assist others here and now?

I looked up some of the otherkin groups a while back because I could identify with some stuff but I was shocked by some of the things I found. I never announce myself as anything, I am me, here and now. What I know inside and what I used to have to prove to the world are now vastly different.

I guess what I am asking is why do we need another division, another group and another title? What does it do?

Is it not better to associate with people than consider oneself somehow separate because no matter what, we are all here, right now to be human for all that means and entails. I have spent the better part of my life being and feeling separate and different, it is something that my life path has lead me to face, accept and overcome.

If my post felt negative, perhaps that is more to do with it being confrontational. When I read it, the post is committed to neither negativity or glowing acceptance. Its not easy to be confronted as I have done with you (and anyone else here who agrees with you) nor to step out of the PC line and to question something which others are all agreeing with but I would be incongruent if I were to simply agree with everything because I feared reprisal.

Edited to say: 'Other'kin by the very use of the term 'other' suggests separateness and division. Its one reason why I have difficulty with the term.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism