Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Animal Spirit?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:29 pm 

Hello I am new to shamanism and I need a little help.Can someone please tell me how can I contact my power animal?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:13 pm 

a few of many ways that have been on my path.
Get a natural membrane drum and get it singing. Never "beat" the drum. If you work the drum 3 times a week. Let it flow. Get a natural drum in your life. Live with it. Honor it. Take care of it. Get with the beat of the great creator of life; not clocks.
Study truth and do not be allowed to be distracted.
Watch very little or no telivision. Stay away from modern music.
These distractions are there to fill your mind full of trash, to keep you from being what you were meant to be. useless distractions cause much damage to humanity, your humanity.
Wake up.
Train yourself to remember your "dreams".
You wre born in captivity. You can break free of the great deception.
But first you must realize that there is one.
Question everything you have ever been taught or told your whole life.
Relook at it all.
And don't take things to serious. And the way to do that is to;
get rid of fear.
Think it all the way through. And you can get rid of it.
If you live in modern society, you have been ridden hard and it may be time to realize the saddle and blinders that have been on and in you since birth.
Very few people ever come to realization.
It is denial right into the ground.
Just for you to ask such a question is extraordinary.
To say the least.
And from here there are thousands of rabbit holes that lead to nowhere.
Look in EVERY rabbit hole. be careful how deep you go down.
Many are traps.
Most all are traps that tell you they know the way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:05 pm 

There are many good discussions on this topic in here. Read the various posts and see which suggestion or method suits you. You'll benefit a great deal from the wisdom that is share.

good luck and happy hunting...
:shock:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:45 pm 

I have searched and cant the find the method described anywhere

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:43 am 

Knight wrote:
I have searched and cant the find the method described anywhere

Here are some very good threads from this forum on Power Animals and Totems:

viewtopic.php?t=97
viewtopic.php?t=3
viewtopic.php?t=91

Post subject: Re: Animal Spirit?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:47 am 

Knight wrote:
Can someone please tell me how can I contact my power animal?

The easiest and (for me) quickest way is to journey to the Lower World and ask for your animal to be revealed to you.

Do you know how to journey? If not, or if you are not ready to journey, you can ask another Shaman to retrieve one for you. But I think it's better if the animal "chooses" you in your own journey.

Post subject: Thanks
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:28 pm 

Thank you everyone...I guess I havent searched that good.My journey tehnique is Michael Harner's.If someone would share another tehnique I would be thankful.I want to collect as mush as information as I can

Regards

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:45 pm 

By using Harner's method going down through a tunel I see a wall almost any time but I manage to get through it.By following the tunel I enter a strange land.Usually an animal is waiting me there-wolf,raven etc.But I have the feeling that I am puting them there(my imagination).After that I imagine following them and I fall asleep and the journey is over.By dancing the animal dance I felt that my power animal is a dog and after a couple of weeks some homeles dogs were following me,they disapeared and then appear again from other parts of the streets.I tried to follow one and I couldn't reach him because of his speed.So I am really confused.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 am 

And confusion will not end before you trust what you are doing.
Maybe you would like to partisipate in a workshop, where is a teacher and others studying the same thing and so streghtens your focus and will.

Post subject: Re: Thanks
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:06 am 

Knight wrote:
My journey tehnique is Michael Harner's. If someone would share another tehnique...

I was taught to journey by a Toltec shaman, and I will share his method.

Ground yourself, find a quiet place to sit or lay down where you will not be disturbed by phones or anybody. Set your intent to find your Power Animal.

Most journeys begin the same way: by going down to the Lower World. My teacher used a drum and had us lay on the floor, listening to the beating drum. He explained that we must find a opening place in nature, like a hollow tree, a cave, a burrow or something like that that we are familiar with and see it in our mind (imagination). As you listen to the drumming, feel your body start to pulse with the rhythm and visualize yourself going into that opening.

Once you are in, feel yourself start to go down into the Earth, down into the Lower World. It may take a few times of this beginning journey work, but eventually you will feel the space open up into a meadow or underground cave, or something like that. It will be a space in the Lower World.

Then, using your imagination, walk around to "see" what is there. Shapes or images may come to you. Do not touch or pick up anything. Keep observing what is happening around you. There will be an animal that comes to you 3 times - which ever one that is, ask it if it is to be your Power Animal. If it agrees, thank it, and ask how it will work with you. Ask how you can honor it.

When the return drum call sounds, thank your animal, come back out the way you went in, and return to Ordinary Reality. Take time to reflect on your journey, and write down what messages you received.

This is the very basic beginning journey to find your Animal. Always go to the Lower World through the same place. That may change as you gain more experience and knowledge, but for now, use the same place. And always thank your Animal or any other guides you may encounter.[/i]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:21 pm 

Knight,

Give it some time. Part of this process is to keep at it to show your sincerity towards gaining a very valuable tool. I have taught classes for years. about 1/3 of the time the animals kindof play with someone new to see if they are willing to dedicate the effort.

Once you show them you are willing to do what it takes they either lead you to your main totem animal or finally start to stick with you.

Journeywork can be very powerfull as a tool. It gets you incontact with some spirits and helps you have some allies to help you with lots of things.

Maybe try asking by thought, "what do you want me to do?" or what do I need to do to align myself with you better.

Take your time, all new skills have a few bumps at the beginning. In a few months or years, look for a post on here from someone who is having trouble hooking up with their totem animal.... :wink:

If you really need to talk, drop me a line at my other website. www.wpashamanism.com I am sure I can spare an hour or two.

Knight wrote:
By using Harner's method going down through a tunel I see a wall almost any time but I manage to get through it.By following the tunel I enter a strange land.Usually an animal is waiting me there-wolf,raven etc.But I have the feeling that I am puting them there(my imagination).After that I imagine following them and I fall asleep and the journey is over.By dancing the animal dance I felt that my power animal is a dog and after a couple of weeks some homeles dogs were following me,they disapeared and then appear again from other parts of the streets.I tried to follow one and I couldn't reach him because of his speed.So I am really confused.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:51 am 

Hello my name is Ken I am new here: Lately I have been having many journey's and with it has been many animals I have encountered:
I wont go into details of travels but share the Animals I meet: There are many from years past: sharing the current

1: Sharks as I swim around in ocean
2: 2 young large Grey lionesses, 1 licks my arm as other sucks my hand
3: Snake and spiders....large black spiders and another type on my arm with vibrations sound: long legs then I vibrate a sound humming
4: Early morning travel: Large thick and solid brownish soft looking bull with large dog type head short legs...tries to push me over but I move him into water
5: In ocean, I see and touch a Large dinosaur with large body long neck small head with young one feeding on fish, we gave:so loving same travel I meet others and Large young white bear from where I entered above from swirl ocean; The white Bear and I hug:

A few years back: When I fly into mirror:
6: I went into the light Hu in space...I meet 2 owls large as me...they send thought feeling...you pass and then they fly around me as I lift:arms held out

There are many others from years back but I feel to share this: From Lucid awaken: I awoke then I sit up in bed, I open my closed eyes..I see a large colorful snake looking at me with smiles and I feel love: I feel its female: She is large and her body is wrapped around me: Her tongue slithers in and out: Then she kisses me on the lips then moves back like a strike: She opens her mouth wide...I look into her mouth when I hear the vibration sound inside her mouth: She was larger than an Anaconda.

Thankyou

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:23 pm 

I know that "finding a power animal" is supposed to be a type of unguided or somewhat guided imagery. May I suggest a slightly different approach? As I was first learning about Shamanism in college (many, many years ago), I also ran an animal importing company and travelled to Central America several times to study animals in the wild and to learn from people. The many years of working directly with thousands of species of animals at the same time I went through various types of training gave me one strong impression. The type of "power animals" that can live inside of you are of a very different nature if you live for many years with wild animals as compared to going on imagery journeys. After many years of working with animals, their behavior, their quality of attention, their energy begins to live inside of you. You could not work well with them otherwise. Then, if you go on a journeying type of training, you are already familiar with the "community of animal energies". In a real sense, you are already living in that community and are composed of it. The journeying then is very real. So I would suggest working with some live animals (not domesticated) for a while to add to your training. My favorite would be a snake or lizard.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism