Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Ancient shaman found buried w/ his "herbal" stash
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:44 pm 

From the Discovery Channel:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/slideshows/marijuana-stash.html

:D :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:55 am 

Blue eyed caucasians in the Gobi desert,well shuck my corn.They must have been mad at him ,they burried him without his horse but he got to keep the Nag at his feet.Neat article but I dont care for disturbing the peace,they seem to make a lot of offhand assumptions about this and that,but they found some pot,gess what gonna happen to the other grave sites,three guesses.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:25 pm 

"Nag"? His younger sister? Kinda harsh...

Tony Bellah wrote:
Blue eyed caucasians in the Gobi desert,well shuck my corn.They must have been mad at him ,they burried him without his horse but he got to keep the Nag at his feet.Neat article but I dont care for disturbing the peace,they seem to make a lot of offhand assumptions about this and that,but they found some pot,gess what gonna happen to the other grave sites,three guesses.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:26 pm 

They thaught it could have been,is a guess,to what do they base that assumption,close communities tend to have similar DNA even so far as to be severely inbred ,so similar DNA doesnt signify a sibling and a sibling is no guarantee of a lack of marital bond in any culture. So ASS Ume not and put not weight in others assumptions,why would the dismembered parts of his sister follow him in the afterlife? we all have to make up our minds on what we hear,we hear the same things but,pot was pushed to the front of this report and so much more was left unreported that there seems to be an agenda underlying the report,it makes me uneasy, No offense,I'm often wrong.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 am 

Brother Tony,

Thanks for the clarifications.

Personally I have no problem with the notion that some shaman use marijuana; then and now. Some use Ayahuasca, some use nothing. I just wish some of the "use nothing" shamans weren't so preachy about it; I don't force my ideas on them.

Your comment about gene pools in some tribes being small is definitely correct. The bones at the shaman's feet could be someone other than his sister.

I've been to college, you probably have too. It takes a lot of study and work to reach the PhD level. The researchers probably know more about the relics and remains than I do; so I choose to trust their conclusions. I don't see a hidden agenda.

Old Rivers

Tony Bellah wrote:
They thaught it could have been,is a guess,to what do they base that assumption,close communities tend to have similar DNA even so far as to be severely inbred ,so similar DNA doesnt signify a sibling and a sibling is no guarantee of a lack of marital bond in any culture. So ASS Ume not and put not weight in others assumptions,why would the dismembered parts of his sister follow him in the afterlife? we all have to make up our minds on what we hear,we hear the same things but,pot was pushed to the front of this report and so much more was left unreported that there seems to be an agenda underlying the report,it makes me uneasy, No offense,I'm often wrong.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 am 

I dont have a problem with shaman utilizing helping plants or stones or clouds,I do too,I dont have a problem with marijuana,I have enjoyed her company for the majority of my life,she helps me to still the electronic chatter of the modern age that sometimes fills my head so that I can better hear the spirit,shes my helper but not the cure,little by little I am making my way,I have some trust issues with anything written or recorded by the Human People,you assume that the researchers on that project had anything to do with the video or what went into it,I'm sure that researchers had a big hand in the ability to bring cold black death a mile down in the ocean up to the surface to better facilitate further research projects,and in 100 years someone will discover bacteria growing in the dead gulf of mexico and we can celebrate the discovery of a new life form.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:59 am 

Tony Bellah wrote:
in 100 years someone will discover bacteria growing in the dead gulf of mexico and we can celebrate the discovery of a new life form.

:shock:
I see headlines already: "Deadzone feeds life again, alien lifeforms are returning our shrimps."

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism