Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Once a Shaman always a Shaman?
yes 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
no 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

Post subject: Always a Shaman?...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:56 am 

When a person chooses or gets chosen to be a Shaman are they a Shaman for the rest of their lives or can they walk away from it? I have had different answers to this question. What is you opinion? :?:

Kodiak

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:28 am 

Greetings Kodiak

I would say "yes" always a shaman/shawoman.

However in saying this, any shaman/shawoman knows how to walk away.

In freedom there is always free will to choose.

We are all however connected to Mother Earth if we choose to recognise it or not. That part does not change until we become free spirits and our bodies are free to roam... then there is the whole universe to explore.

Ever wondered what it would be like to be paint on the side of a space rocket?

Perhaps look into shapeshifting and you may find what I speak about.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:50 am 

As long as the person is selected by the spirits this is to be replied with "yes" - when someone choose it out of personal inclinations like ego or other things I would say "nay".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm 

So, if one is called and answers the call then they are Shaman for the rest of their lifetime.....Okay, next question, can a Shaman take a "vacation" and put away the medicine bundle (or whatever) until they feel rested and ready for the next phase of their growth? I mean, even a Shaman will become ill at times right?

Kodiak

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:37 pm 

Being a shaman does not mean that you have to shamanize all the time 24h/7d. Of course there are times when there is nothing on the list to do. But the spirits do not ask whether a shaman has time or is healthy enough - often enough shamans are quite drained sometimes because they have a double job at least: one normal for the living and the shaman-thing.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:18 pm 

Kodiak

Part of learning to be a shaman (p.s. don't ever stop learning!), is to know when to rest. In that time be a rock and be still enough that you can watch the world and not be a part of it for a short while.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:23 am 

I answered no because:

In Russia/siberia shamans can sell their spirits to someone and thus stop being a shaman.

In the Amazons shamans can sometimes stop working, and give away, or send away their helper spirits and stop shamanizing.

Interesting.

Peace,
BB

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:33 pm 

Walking away.
I am considering walking away from it all forever right now. I don't know what the consequences are but it is a risk I am considering right now. For some time I have prayed, and prayed, done ceremony almost every night and done shamanic things such as drumming etc., and I am left with nothing in return. No signs that I am on the right track, no feelings of abundance of spirit or even the really cool stuff like being able to see energy. NOTHING. Just question after question and feelings of fear, insecurity, and also living with my head just above the water and isolated from the world....What the Hell? I thought being a Shaman would be a little more fulfilling than it has been so far. Apathetically yours. :(

KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:07 pm 

Kodiak

Life experiences will carry one along a journey based on what one has experienced and how one has dealt with circumstances that arise.

When one has gathered much wisdom and understanding of the world they live in, the energy tends to flattens out much like the top of the tide of the ocean. The change from tide going out to tide going in is the top of the tide or the peak. When one feels the downslide it should be experienced and viewed more as a changing of the tide and not as a road trip heading down a steep hill to the bottom. Being the water helps one realise the shift of the tide and allows one to flow with the current. Neither high tide or low tide is bad, they are both good. Being a little boat that bobs up and down in the waves as they toss about is where the illness, sickness, uneasiness and frustration manifests. Be the water, and every now and then be the boat.... but mostly be the water. Remember that with eachchanging of the tides a new fresh river of water floats past. If you see an old sandal floating on the water for 10 days, you are in stagnant water, so change your habits and breath in some new air. You don't need to give up doing the things that you are drawn to, just incorporate them in different ways to enhance your path.
Just like an old pair of shoes that sit in the corner of the room for 3 months, every time you look at them they will annoy you. It is not the shoes, but the same image that is what stirs. Remove the image by removing the shoes and the problem is gone.
Just a matter of choices.
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:15 pm 

Kodiak my brother, I go through periods of for me not being balanced. My hollow bones get clogged up. But I know what the problem is and most of the time quickly recover. We are all humans with our spirits as a internal flame supplying the energy to operate our fantastic body's. When our minds that are our worst enemy thinks a negative thought or says something negative this definately effects the whole. where you seeing energy before? During ceremony where you getting answers? Did you ever have a vision? Kodiak practiceing Shamanism is different for everyone that embarks on this hard but wonderful journey. You must have patience and complete belief in yourself and whats a head on your path. Go deep into the woods with 0 fear and sit in a spot that is drawn to you and dig deep into yourself and start diesecting through your body maybe you have to work on your self love and become strong before you try to help the world and I know this is what you want! I promise you if you do this and sit there and be honest with your spirit, Mother earth, Great Spirit, and your physical body you will get your answers. Sometimes ( most of the time) this is not easy. But the GREAT WORK is work my friend. If there is anything I can help you with please ask ! We can not loose people that are so close to quit. Remember we are all one!!! Oh Ho!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) Jim

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 pm 

Thanks guys for your support,
I am feeling a little better today and not as frustrated. All my relations seem to be suffering as of late and I am just feeling drained now. I will hang in there and do ceremony tonight hoping for some answers.
I have yet to receive my vision on a traditional vision quest but someday I will be able to embark on this journey, hopefully sooner than later. I ask only this from my brothers and sisters of this forum who read my words, please don't pray for me unless you want to, for I feel that to be selfish of me to ask for. I leave it up to you what you chose to do and thank all of you again for your support through yet another turbulent time along my path. Now, like Frank Foolscrow often did , I will copy his style of ridding himself of unwanted energies and blockages. Travel Well.

Brother KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:52 pm 

I'm coming to your neck of the woods in August. I'm not worried about a curse so if you feel like drumming or to show my family the sites in steamboat we would be honored!! I knew Frank. He's with me in Spirit. Manny Blessings!!!!!! Remember things happen for reasons sometimes we do not see right away. :) Jim

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism